One Of The Good Ones

Nevertheless, the brilliance of the smartest woman in the world combined with a Messiah should have been able to get something through. [/B]

You cannot be serious. You just can't.

To MongoBongo: Obviously, that sentence is tongue in cheek. The rest of my response is right on target; more so than your idiotic question about Michele’s legislative accomplishments.

So...let's get this straight.....it's "idiotic" to ask about a Congressperson's ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

Good to know............I guess. :eusa_eh:

So...let's get this straight.....it's "idiotic" to ask about a Congressperson's ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

To bodecea: It’s idiotic to ask about passing conservative legislation when a Democrat is president, and/or Democrats control one or both Houses of Congress.

Last edited:

To bodecea: It’s idiotic to ask about passing conservative legislation when a Democrat is president, and/or Democrats control one or both Houses of Congress.

Why? BTW, you were not asked JUST about "passing" legislation, you were also asked what legislation Bachmann INTRODUCED. Or were the poor woman's hands tied on that too?

A nice piece by Doug Patton gives a brief synopsis of Michele’s strength and love of the Constitution. Comparing Michele to filthy lying harridans like Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi amounts to shooting fish in a barrel. The real test is to compare her to the Chicago sewer rat. Now that Hussein & Company are scrambling like cockroaches when a light is turned on who can deny that Michele Bachmann would have been a better president —— and better for the country.

Sadly, one of our best and brightest, U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-MN, has chosen not to seek a fifth term in Congress. A petite and beautiful happy warrior for truth, justice and the Constitution, Bachmann virtually defied political gravity when she was first elected in 2006 — the same year voters repudiated the George W. Bush-led GOP and gave Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid control of both the House and the Senate.

XXXXX

And when voters all across the country rebelled after two years of Barack Obama’s excesses, she was there to start the Tea Party caucus in the House. Unfortunately, while the Democrat old guard hated her and was trying to destroy her, the Republican old guard didn’t take kindly to this upstart firebrand female in their midst, either. Constitution? Hmph! Who does she think she is, anyway?

Michele Bachmann, One of Our Best
By Doug Patton Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Michele Bachmann, One of Our Best

Can you name one key piece of legislation that dimwit wrote or co-wrote during all her years in congress?
Actually, this is what you were actually asked, Flanders.....

She has been there for 7 years...surely she has written legislation. There is no way that she was there for that long and never proposed legislation! No way I tell ya!

Flanders has apparently never heard of bipartisan bills.

To MongoBongo: Apparently you don’t know the Beltway definitions of bipartisan:

1. A bipartisan bill must always screw private sector Americans.

2. Democrats never agree to a bipartisan bill unless it contains everything they want while giving nothing to Republicans.

3. Implementing a bipartisan bill must increase the size of the welfare state while enriching the parasite class with higher taxes.

Research the current bipartisan immigration bill if you want proof.

I'm glad the bar was set so low for this woman that she wasn't even expected to do her damned job

To MongoBongo. Exactly what was her job according to you?

From my perspective she did her job brilliantly by disagreeing with Democrats and RINO. In any event, guys like you defining her job from a political viewpoint is the same as media liberals telling Tea Party conservatives who their candidates should be.

Incidentally, I get the feeling Jim Graves trying to defeat Michele was personal all along contrary to what he claimed:

Bachmann opponent drops 2014 House bid following her retirement
By Alexandra Jaffe - 05/31/13 11:22 AM ET

Bachmann opponent drops 2014 House bid following her retirement - The Hill's Ballot Box

She has been there for 7 years...surely she has written legislation. There is no way that she was there for that long and never proposed legislation! No way I tell ya!

Well, she wasn't really there for 7 years... there are only 2 Representatives with a worse attendance record than hers - one of those 2 is Gabby Giffords.

Flanders has apparently never heard of bipartisan bills.

To MongoBongo: Apparently you don’t know the Beltway definitions of bipartisan:

1. A bipartisan bill must always screw private sector Americans.

2. Democrats never agree to a bipartisan bill unless it contains everything they want while giving nothing to Republicans.

3. Implementing a bipartisan bill must increase the size of the welfare state while enriching the parasite class with higher taxes.

Research the current bipartisan immigration bill if you want proof.

You must have put a lot of thought into this whopper. I bet it gave you a migraine.

Michelle Bachmann is not going to shut up. She will not disappear and will cause liberals many more headaches in the future.

Unlike Hillary Clinton who is just gone.

True that she's a joke and one of the dumbest in congress. She won her last election by less than 1% because she does nothing. Now she's on the dole for the rest of her life - a life-long reward for doing nothing.

Brain dead rw's need not worry though - there are plenty more idiots where she came from.

Michelle Bachmann is not going to shut up. She will not disappear and will cause liberals many more headaches in the future.

Unlike Hillary Clinton who is just gone.

Since you're so smitten by that idiot, why don't you post a list of her legislation.

Hmmmm ?

LOL

13702925927450.jpg

I wish I had written Patrick O'Hannigan’s column. I especially wish I had written this:

Bomber pilot lore has it that if you’re taking flak, you know you’re over the target, and it is with that observation in mind that sniping at outgoing Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) is best understood. Karl Rove — he of the mediocre record as a political fixer and the “Turd Blossom” nickname from friend George W. Bush — says Bachmann did “nothing” as chairman of the Tea Party Caucus in the House of Representatives. In the Roveian calculus (such as it is), Bachmann gets no credit for eight years of living rent-free in progressive heads. Had her sojourn as a Congresscritter been as inert as Rove now pretends it was, the news of Bachmann’s decision not to run for re-election next year would not have occasioned as many hit pieces as it has.

XXXXX

The same inattention to detail manifests itself in the supposedly damning observation that Bachmann will not be remembered for championing any signature pieces of legislation. This, we are given to understand, is evidence of failure on her part. It might be, but for the inconvenient fact that one of the founding precepts of the Tea Party movement in American politics is the idea that we already have too much legislation. Remember former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s enthusiasm for the so-called “Affordable Care Act,” and her curious claim that “We have to pass the bill so you can find out what’s in it”?

XXXXX

Michele Bachmann can be awkward and wrong, but in contests between “principle” and “pork,” she usually sides with principle. If Minnesota were dotted with half as many buildings named for her as West Virginia is with monuments to its late Senator Robert Byrd, Bachmann would have been a “failed” politician. She is, instead, a wife, a mother, a patriot, and a charismatic six-term Representative who willingly became a lightning rod for cultural criticism. Bachmann was labeled “crazy” for the same reason that Sarah Palin was dismissed as “Caribou Barbie.” In the brave new world of bipartisanship-at-any-cost (because tolerance!), any telegenic politician who questions the wisdom of “Centrifugal Bumble-Puppy” must be ridiculed. That’s why establishment Republicans say worse things about Bachmann than they could bring themselves to say about the Democrats with whom they pretend to contend, and why pundits treat so much of what Bachmann argued for with contempt.

Why the Haters Hate Michele
By Patrick O'Hannigan on 6.4.13 @ 6:08AM
Michele Bachmann and the exhilaratingly common cupboard.

The American Spectator : Why the Haters Hate Michele

Attention! Flanders!

I do not hate her! I mock her. I find it wonderfully amusing that people like you..........people who think of themselves as intelligent adults......could support her gaining a leadership role in our society.

Hate is not the word. Trust me on that.

Attention! Flanders!

I do not hate her! I mock her. I find it wonderfully amusing that people like you..........people who think of themselves as intelligent adults......could support her gaining a leadership role in our society.

Hate is not the word. Trust me on that.

To LoneLaugher: Whether or not individual liberals hate Michele is irrelevant to me. The women they collectively love and defend tells me everything I need to know. Not once did I ever hear liberals admit that Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Senators Di Fi and Boxer, Maxine Waters, Lisa P. Jackson, Janet Napolitano, Kathleen Sebelious, Valerie Jarrett, and the entire bunch surfacing in the IRS scandal are individually the foulest pieces of garbage imaginable. I’ve only listed a few that are still on the scene and the list is endless. Those same liberals who defend every hag from hell have no trouble calling Michele crazy and worse.

Incidentally, let’s not forget the things liberals said about Sarah Palin and her family when she never betrayed the country or harmed the American people.

Forum List

Back