On this 4th of July....Don't forget to thank a liberal

Just wondering: Should we rename Washington DC because Washington had slaves? Tear down the Jefferson memorial? Rename Washington state?

Where does this foolish PC end?

Why should we rename monuments to our liberal founders?

You now show your complete ignorance.
Actually you are now being totally ignorant of what the 3/5s rule meant

It ONLY applied to counting population for apportioning representatives. The south wanted slaves to count as a full person, the north wanted them not counted at all

Those exra representatives for four million slaves meant that the south had more power to keep them slaves

Done being an asshole now?

LOL, don't you feel smug proving my point?

What would have happened had the South been given the power to count them as full "person"?

You are not a bright individual kid.
They would have had MORE power to keep them as slaves

Showing you have no fucking idea what you are babbling about

Seriously?

I will restate my position....it's not that you aren't a bright individual....it's that you are an ignorant moron bereft of the ability to even understand what you yourself are talking about ;)

The 3/5ths clause was an attempt to even the playing field electorally kid, stick with me and I'll learn ya.

Ummmk?

Even the playing field?

By counting people with no rights as citizens? Then using the additional "uneven" representation to ensure they remain enslaved? You effectively had elective representatives of people with no rights as citizens

You are dumber than you look

Your lack of education betrays you, the slaves were "owned" , had no "Right" to Vote and yet could have been counted as a citizen and help the South gain more Congressional Representation thereby gaining an unfair advantage in said congress, the 3/5th's clause aimed to render that advantage null and void.

You should have taken a real constitutional class.

Sure they weren't Conservatives, wanting things in the colonies to remain the same, rejecting the Kings ever increasing taxes?
Actually....they were fighting "taxation without representation"

Imagine that.......every man having a right to vote for his representative

Another LIBERAL concept still fought against by conservatives

How about the right to vote when you have no skin in the game?
No one should have the right to vote for free shit from the ones who pay...PERIOD!!!!

Another conservative who doesn't understand the concept of the inalienable right to vote.

I understand all to well the liberal mindset.
If you dont pay into the pot you shouldnt have any say in how it's spent.
Our liberal founding fathers never believed that

That is a conservative value. You must have money to vote

The Founding Fathers believe only property owners should be allowed to vote because they had a stake in the outcome. That means welfare deadbeats like you wouldn't get a say.

ce5e9bad098fbf7d5a4a0f71b74bcaa5.jpg

BTW, since you apparently are linking rebellion with being liberal by trying to claim the founders as liberal. Are you arguing that the confederate states were liberals? That those Western PA folks were liberals during the Whiskey rebellion? That, gasp, Cliven Bundy and his band of merry men are liberals?

Good point!

Actually you are now being totally ignorant of what the 3/5s rule meant

It ONLY applied to counting population for apportioning representatives. The south wanted slaves to count as a full person, the north wanted them not counted at all

Those exra representatives for four million slaves meant that the south had more power to keep them slaves

Done being an asshole now?

What would have happened had the South been given the power to count them as full "person"?

Seriously?

I will restate my position....it's not that you aren't a bright individual....it's that you are an ignorant moron bereft of the ability to even understand what you yourself are talking about ;)

The 3/5ths clause was an attempt to even the playing field electorally kid, stick with me and I'll learn ya.

Ummmk?

Even the playing field?

By counting people with no rights as citizens? Then using the additional "uneven" representation to ensure they remain enslaved? You effectively had elective representatives of people with no rights as citizens

Your lack of education betrays you, the slaves were "owned" , had no "Right" to Vote and yet could have been counted as a citizen and help the South gain more Congressional Representation thereby gaining an unfair advantage in said congress, the 3/5th's clause aimed to render that advantage null and void.

Ummmm....no shit Shirlock

You think repeating what I just posted makes you appear smarter?

Actually....they were fighting "taxation without representation"

Imagine that.......every man having a right to vote for his representative

Another LIBERAL concept still fought against by conservatives

No one should have the right to vote for free shit from the ones who pay...PERIOD!!!!

Another conservative who doesn't understand the concept of the inalienable right to vote.

The Founding Fathers believe only property owners should be allowed to vote because they had a stake in the outcome. That means welfare deadbeats like you wouldn't get a say.
I own two houses......does that mean I get to vote for Hillary twice?

Seriously?

Ummmk?

Even the playing field?

Ummmm....no shit Shirlock

You think repeating what I just posted makes you appear smarter?

TOO funny moron :)

You took what I was saying first and tried to claim it as your own, does that usually work for you moron?

It won't work with me kid, you look pretty stupid....well you always do, but this makes you look particularly stupid.

I own two houses......does that mean I get to vote for Hillary twice?

Lego houses dont count.

I have no doubt he has 2 houses.

one on Park Place, the other on Boardwalk

Just wondering: Should we rename Washington DC because Washington had slaves? Tear down the Jefferson memorial? Rename Washington state?

Washington and Jefferson were slave owners. By your definition, they were evil and must be removed from history. BTW, they were not even close to today's liberals.

Washington and Jefferson were slave owners. By your definition, they were evil and must be removed from history. BTW, they were not even close to today's liberals.

They were a product of their times and the greatest liberals of their day

That is a huge lie. By today's standards they were far right conservatives.

BTW, can you post some pics of the whitehouse lit up in red, white, and blue on independence day?

Imagine a world where a certain class was born to rule over those who were born to lower classes
Your position in society was based on your birth, not what you accomplish after your birth

The liberals of the day stood up and declared.......All men are created equal

They created a country where the lowest farm hand had the same vote as the richest land owner

Thank a liberal

Not according to history. Democrats thought blacks were slaves and still do. They pay them to stay in the ghetto.

Imagine a world where a certain class was born to rule over those who were born to lower classes
Your position in society was based on your birth, not what you accomplish after your birth

They created a country where the lowest farm hand had the same vote as the richest land owner

Thank a liberal

Not according to history. Democrats thought blacks were slaves and still do. They pay them to stay in the ghetto.

Try to stay on topic

We are talking about liberals not the Democratic Party

BTW, can you post some pics of the whitehouse lit up in red, white, and blue on independence day?

Far right conservatives in 1776 supported the King

Liberals used to tar and feather them

Tories and Loyalists were the only conservatives in the Colonies at that time?

Even Lassie knows better than that.

Thank a liberal

You are incorrect. White land owning men could vote.
Center for Voting and Democracy

your view of american history obviously is the product of common core teaching. You know NOTHING about the founders, the revolution, or the purposes of our constitution.

you want a far left dictator who determines what everyone can make, what you can eat, and where you can shit.

Forum List

Back