On Line Dating

Maybe starting this thread was not such a good idea...:lol:

She plays out this fantasy of how hawt she is every so often when binge drinking for days...

Well she is attractive. Be opinions vary... (at least that is what I would tell you if you said that about me!)
... nothing wrong with binge drinking!

She plays out this fantasy of how hawt she is every so often when binge drinking for days...

Well she is attractive. Be opinions vary... (at least that is what I would tell you if you said that about me!)
So I see you are an advocate of being an enabler for this poor, wretched, putrid child?

So I see you are an advocate of being an enabler for this poor, wretched, putrid child?

I'm a woman. I don't even know her so I can't say, but, from my interactions with her on the board, she seems fine... who am I to judge?

I'm a woman. I don't even know her so I can't say, but, from my interactions with her on the board, she seems fine... who am I to judge?
At least learn to judge a fudge fair....that only seems fair.....

At least learn to judge a fudge fair....that only seems fair.....

Oh yeah, the binge drinking LOL - yeah well, that's probably not a good thing.. I don't do it, but I may have one too many glasses of wine from time to time :)

Oh good God! Don't tell me you are going to take the word of this board's longest running joke. :D I don't even drink except on special occasions! ;) I actually kind of dislike alcohol and have a pretty reaction to it if I drink too much.

Oh good God! Don't tell me you are going to take the word of this board's longest running joke. :D I don't even drink except on special occasions! ;) I actually kind of dislike alcohol and have a pretty reaction to it if I drink too much.

Nope, like I said. I don't even know you so I'm not saying a word!!!! Thanks for letting me in on it tho! ;)

Nope, like I said. I don't even know you so I'm not saying a word!!!! Thanks for letting me in on it tho! ;)

That should have been a "bad" reaction to it. :lol:

I have done online dating. Its just like meeting someone at a bar. You meet some winners..and some losers. I think online may be easier to weed thru potential people just because you write out your interests in a profile and someone who has the same interests will email you. Or vice versa. ITs a good ice breaker so to speak.

I have had some HORRIBLE dates with guys I met online. But, I am currently dating someone who I met on a dating site and so far its going quite well. We have a lot of the same interests and hobbies, our kids are the same age so we know about making time and responsibilities that might interfere with that time.

I work a lot..and I also don't work with people my own age...and I wouldn't date people I work with...so that makes it really tough to meet someone romantically.

Online dating is just a new avenue.

I have done online dating. Its just like meeting someone at a bar. You meet some winners..and some losers. I think online may be easier to weed thru potential people just because you write out your interests in a profile and someone who has the same interests will email you. Or vice versa. ITs a good ice breaker so to speak.

I have had some HORRIBLE dates with guys I met online. But, I am currently dating someone who I met on a dating site and so far its going quite well. We have a lot of the same interests and hobbies, our kids are the same age so we know about making time and responsibilities that might interfere with that time.

I work a lot..and I also don't work with people my own age...and I wouldn't date people I work with...so that makes it really tough to meet someone romantically.

Online dating is just a new avenue.

I agree Diana. It's hard for me to meet people because I work from home. I've never used an online dating site before though. Normally, I meet people through friends or when I'm out and about. I don't see how it could be any worse than the club though. :rolleyes-41:

I love when my friends try to set me up. Some have been doozies...and I wonder how well my friends really know me lol.

I have never used on line dating. I don't date anymore so it's unlikely that I ever would. I have known a number of people who met and married someone they met online. It worked out very well.

Online matching is just a modern day version of the matchmaker. Some people still use matchmakers. My landlord and his wife met through a professional matchmaker.

It's going back in time.

I think you should talk a little bit before a first date, but not too much because you want to save some things for the date so that you have something to talk about.

Noticing a couple wome here lately my thoughts are along the lines of:

- are they actually single?
- are they happy? will hanging out with me make them happier?
- am I SO into them I'd break a cardinal rule about not dating people who live in the same building as me?
- do I just wanna have sex with them, or is it I'm actually interested in them as individuals?

Answering these and other queries I usually talk myself out of things. :)

I think you should talk a little bit before a first date, but not too much because you want to save some things for the date so that you have something to talk about.

Noticing a couple wome here lately my thoughts are along the lines of:

- are they actually single?
- are they happy? will hanging out with me make them happier?
- am I SO into them I'd break a cardinal rule about not dating people who live in the same building as me?
- do I just wanna have sex with them, or is it I'm actually interested in them as individuals?

Answering these and other queries I usually talk myself out of things. :)

I am of the opinion that physical attraction usually comes first, so it is normal if, at first, you just want to have sex. However, if after being out with the person a few times, you still feel that is the only reason you would be interested in this person, then you should rethink your position.

Forum List

Back