Oldboy (Netflix)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
l have mentioned the awesome movie several times in other topics, but for some time now it has not been available on any streaming platforms.

That has just changed. Netflix has put it back in their catalog.

This is THE revenge movie of all revenge movies. Oldboy set the bar, and few have reached it.

Spike Lee attempted a remake and he completely fucked it. Someone should have bitch slapped him just for thinking about doing a remake of this work of art.

Watch the original. You will not regret it.

It has one of the sickest twist endings.

The best revenge movie of all time may yet to be made.

l have mentioned the awesome movie several times in other topics, but for some time now it has not been available on any streaming platforms.

That has just changed. Netflix has put it back in their catalog.

This is THE revenge movie of all revenge movies. Oldboy set the bar, and few have reached it.

Spike Lee attempted a remake and he completely fucked it. Someone should have bitch slapped him just for thinking about doing a remake of this work of art.

Watch the original. You will not regret it.

It has one of the sickest twist endings.

Is it subtitled?

Is it subtitled?
Yes.

It saddens me when people deny themselves a great movie because they don't like subtitles.

The South Koreans make some of the world's best movies. Better than Hollywood.

I watch some really great movies with subtitles. I prefer not to have to do that due to poor eyesight now, but I do it anyway and sit closer. I'll check it out.

Yes.

It saddens me when people deny themselves a great movie because they don't like subtitles.

The South Koreans make some of the world's best movies. Better than Hollywood.
Generally, I avoid subtitled movies if they are heavy on dialog. I find having to read a lot of dialog distracting. I like to watch the movie, not read the script.

South Korea is becoming the new Hollywood. Many of the movies are dubbed in English. Some of the dubbing is excellent and some is terrible. Dubbing is an afterthought with many productions. After the movie is created it is turned over to an audio production company who strips off the sound track. The company creates a new sound track by rewriting the script. The results are often terrible.

The best dubbing occurs when the director knows the movie is going to be dubbed and he or she is included in the dubbing operation.

If you are fairly fluent in a foreign language, it can be very rewarding to watch movies made in that language. Some phrases and colloquialisms do not translate well. This is particularly the case with comedies. Dialog that's hilarious in Spanish or German, may fall flat when translated to English.

Forum List

Back