The Gilded Age/Bridgerton/Blacks

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I really like this show. But, I almost turned it off because of "wokeness". Imagine my surprise when I googled fact from fiction concerning elite blacks in the early 19th century hobnobbing with elite whites (to a certain extent). I didn't turn it off. It woke ME up. I have been ignorant my whole life. Whitewashed, if you will. I always thought of blacks as inferior I guess. Less than. Not as good as. Different. Not of our world of..whiteness and privilege. Don't get me wrong, though. I still consider blacks as a violent race of people and I still focus on mistrust when I am around large groups of them. I have black friends but they don't count in the mistrust department. Its the unknown that causes that. My black friends are NOT unknown. Strangers are.
Anyway, I digress. It took 70 years for me to realize there were black kings in Europe...yes, WHITE Europe. Black queens, too. And princes. And princesses. All accepted as such. So where did it all go so badly? Europe banned slavery...the USA did not. 18th century and prior centuries, the world was different. Today, the world has slid backwards with strife, hate, anger, racism, mistrust, indifference, unkindness. Oh, they were unkind back then too. But todays world is one big assed Inquisition minded. So as I watched this show, I began to realize we all have been mislead. And once I saw this in my mind, the way we all have been taught, the more I wanted to learn more. So I googled.

I recommend you do the same.

Think about it for a sec.
Why is Jesus portrayed as blonde haired and blue eyes, with fair skin? He was jewish. From a land of brown people. But we all were raised with pics of a Jesus of caucasian appearance.

So much more, but I know this thread may result in possible fisticuffs because some will continue to stay blind. At my age, I am happy to be awakened from lies and deceit, but at my age, it will be hard to not be suspicious of what we ALL are in this world NOW. Dangerous.

o honey ...the 5 yr old wanted a black santa inflatable...my inner voice screamed o hell no ...o hell no....my outer voice...ask the lowe's guy to get it down for me...much to the chagrin of two ladies next to me...we are hopefully the last of the ingrained bigots...i wont pass it on and sometimes that is the best you can do...just not pass it on

history is so white washed...the winner writes the tale be it true or not

I bet had it not been for the movie Glory most would not know:

By the time the war ended in 1865, about 180,000 Black men had served as soldiers in the U.S. Army. This was about 10 percent of the total Union fighting force. Most—about 90,000—were former (or “contraband”) enslaved people from the Confederate states.

About half of the rest were from the loyal border states, and the rest were free Black people from the North. Forty thousand Black soldiers died in the war: 10,000 in battle and 30,000 from illness or infection.

black-civil-war-soldiers-gettyimages-515218962.jpg

o honey ...the 5 yr old wanted a black santa inflatable...my inner voice screamed o hell no ...o hell no....my outer voice...ask the lowe's guy to get it down for me...much to the chagrin of two ladies next to me...we are hopefully the last of the ingrained bigots...i wont pass it on and sometimes that is the best you can do...just not pass it on

We have all been manipulated for so long. There is no history being taught in ANY schools as to true facts. It is all geared to caucasian. The only history being taught is skewered to make black and brown people....less than.
I don't consider myself "woke". I consider myself now AWARE.

I stopped reading when I saw the word "wokeness". Turn off the TV and read a book or two.
Me too....a week ago. I would start a movie, see a black lady in Victorian days dressed in silks, hoops, bustles, fine jewelry and turn the channel saying "nope. Didn't happen. WOKENESS bullshit".
It isn't easy being AWARE after hundreds of years of being taught to stay blinded and ignorant.

I bet had it not been for the movie Glory most would not know:

By the time the war ended in 1865, about 180,000 Black men had served as soldiers in the U.S. Army. This was about 10 percent of the total Union fighting force. Most—about 90,000—were former (or “contraband”) enslaved people from the Confederate states.

About half of the rest were from the loyal border states, and the rest were free Black people from the North. Forty thousand Black soldiers died in the war: 10,000 in battle and 30,000 from illness or infection.

black-civil-war-soldiers-gettyimages-515218962.jpg

1703926685435.png

The Tuskegee Airmen were the first black pilots in American military history, those who were stationed at the bases where they trained or from which they flew, those who belonged to the organizations to which the pilots belonged, or those who belonged to the support organizations for those flying units.

Red Tails — The Legendary Tuskegee Airmen of WWII. There is a movie about them but its been some time since I have seen it. Good flick.

Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz was Queen of Great Britain and Ireland as the wife of King George III from their marriage on 8 September 1761 until her death in 1818. The Acts of Union 1800 unified Great Britain and Ireland into the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Wikipedia
Born: May 19, 1744, Mirow, Germany
Died: November 17, 1818, Kew Palace, Richmond, United Kingdom
Children: George IV, Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn, MORE
Grandchildren: Queen Victoria, Princess Charlotte of Wales, MORE
Great grandchildren: Edward VII, Mary of Teck, MORE
Spouse: George III (m. 1761–1818)
Parents: Princess Elisabeth Albertine of Saxe-Hildburghausen, Duke Charles Louis Frederick of Mecklenburg

Meanwhile...although I am just an old lady, the guy that plays Duke Of Hastings in Bridgerton is HOT HOT HOT. Dayum.

1703927426473.png

I really like this show. But, I almost turned it off because of "wokeness". Imagine my surprise when I googled fact from fiction concerning elite blacks in the early 19th century hobnobbing with elite whites (to a certain extent). I didn't turn it off. It woke ME up. I have been ignorant my whole life. Whitewashed, if you will. I always thought of blacks as inferior I guess. Less than. Not as good as. Different. Not of our world of..whiteness and privilege. Don't get me wrong, though. I still consider blacks as a violent race of people and I still focus on mistrust when I am around large groups of them. I have black friends but they don't count in the mistrust department. Its the unknown that causes that. My black friends are NOT unknown. Strangers are.
Anyway, I digress. It took 70 years for me to realize there were black kings in Europe...yes, WHITE Europe. Black queens, too. And princes. And princesses. All accepted as such. So where did it all go so badly? Europe banned slavery...the USA did not. 18th century and prior centuries, the world was different. Today, the world has slid backwards with strife, hate, anger, racism, mistrust, indifference, unkindness. Oh, they were unkind back then too. But todays world is one big assed Inquisition minded. So as I watched this show, I began to realize we all have been mislead. And once I saw this in my mind, the way we all have been taught, the more I wanted to learn more. So I googled.

I recommend you do the same.
Your first mistake was trusting google. There was not any black sub saharan nobility in Europe. A few mulattos might have been accepted in some circles. Frenchman who were fucking black women, in places like New Orleans, sometimes sent their offspring back to France for an education.

There is a fix for this nonsense.
Go to Chicago, hang out in the old city. After dark.
If you survive a night, this recent "epiphany" of yours will go away.

If that doesn't do it - study African history. And perhaps central American as well.
If that doesn't do it - then all you have done is joined the virtue signaling fashion zombies.

There is a fix for this nonsense.
Go to Chicago, hang out in the old city. After dark.
If you survive a night, this recent "epiphany" of yours will go away.

If that doesn't do it - study African history. And perhaps central American as well.
If that doesn't do it - then all you have done is joined the virtue signaling fashion zombies.
People who are ignorant of American history certainly won`t study African history.

Forum List

Back