Netflix.... now you have pissed me off.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Highlighting a movie this week called "Oldboy".
I like Josh Brolin, he is pretty decent actor. Liked him in "Country for Old Men" for sure.
Watched the trailer, looked decent. But we did notice the combined ratings were only 2 stars.
But we decided to try it.
It isn't bad. It has it's moments of comical unrealistic scenes... but a unique storyline.
We had no idea just how unique until the last 5 minutes.
Brolin meets a younger female, she is really drawn to him. Finally they have sex. I have no idea how this is only Rated R. Both fully nude with scenes that don't leave much to imagination.
And this is where it gets fucked.
She is his daughter.

It is difficult to know what is in the mind of Hollywood. I then learned this is a remake of a fucked up Japanese film, that came from a Manga story. And then you learn the other people having sex in the movie are also siblings/parents.

I do not appreciate being tricked into watching sexual scenes unaware it is incest.

I have been a subscriber to Netflix since, literally, day one. I am very-very close to finally killing the subscription.
I was pretty close when they chose to highlight "Cuties". But decided to hang on once they very quickly killed all promotions after catching hell from subscribers.
Now they are at it again.

I like Josh Brolin, he is pretty decent actor. Liked him in "Country for Old Men" for sure.
Watched the trailer, looked decent. But we did notice the combined ratings were only 2 stars.
It isn't bad. It has it's moments of comical unrealistic scenes... but a unique storyline.
Brolin meets a younger female, she is really drawn to him. Finally they have sex. I have no idea how this is only Rated R. Both fully nude with scenes that don't leave much to imagination.
She is his daughter.

It is difficult to know what is in the mind of Hollywood. I then learned this is a remake of a fucked up Japanese film, that came from a Manga story. And then you learn the other people having sex in the movie are also siblings/parents.

I do not appreciate being tricked into watching sexual scenes unaware it is incest.

I have been a subscriber to Netflix since, literally, day one. I am very-very close to finally killing the subscription.
I was pretty close when they chose to highlight "Cuties". But decided to hang on once they very quickly killed all promotions after catching hell from subscribers.
Old Boy is a old film:

Can’t blame Netflix for this…

I said it was a remake.
I blame Netflix for promoting it.
Imagine this, I have a problem with incest. Crazy I know. It is probably the next virtue signaling target for progressives.
But not me.
Again, the movie with Josh was from 2013, so it has been out for almost a decade!

I usually Google the reviews before I watch a movie in today time and I saw this movie back in 2015 on Direct TV, so I know what movie you are writing about.

Netflix could have stated incest was involved in the movie but they didn’t create the movie and are just showing a old movie from 2013.

Again, the movie with Josh was from 2013, so it has been out for almost a decade!

I usually Google the reviews before I watch a movie in today time and I saw this movie back in 2015 on Direct TV, so I know what movie you are writing about.

Netflix could have stated incest was involved in the movie but they didn’t create the movie and are just showing a old movie from 2013.
You missed the part about promoting it.
I agree that Netflix has a library of 10,000s of movies, so this movie being in that library is not surprising at all.
Promoting it without a disclaimer is what upsets me.
For fucks sake, they list "smoking" as a warning... but leave out the fact it has explicit, full nude incest!

You missed the part about promoting it.
I agree that Netflix has a library of 10,000s of movies, so this movie being in that library is not surprising at all.
Promoting it without a disclaimer is what upsets me.
For fucks sake, they list "smoking" as a warning... but leave out the fact it has explicit, full nude incest!
I understand your point and I agree they should have the warning but Netflix is a shit site truthfully and I use Tubi for my movie selections and still I google to see what I am watching to make sure the content isn’t something I will reject…

She is his daughter.

Democrats are sick .. get fawsome it’s free has good American movies on. There

She is his daughter.

maybe this movie is about joe biden

They lost me when I saw that Spike Lee had something to do with it.
It is actually interesting to me that Spike Lee did this movie.
Why? Because most of the movies he makes are something he feels strongly about. A message in it.
And what message does this film make about incest? That the kids enjoy it. Yes, the movie shows it certainly fucks their minds up... but nevertheless they enjoy it... and like it into adulthood.

If it has commercials, I can't hack commercials.
I haven't watched commercials in over 10 years.
It does .. it told me if I put a email address in I won’t have to watch commercials.. soooo

I believe NETFLIX recently raised its monthly rate and added a ton of content, much of it from off shore.

The sad part is not with NETFLIX, but rather with the producers of major network programming; it is so bad that one is "forced" to troll through NETFLIX titles to find something worthy of wasting your time.

Parenthetically, I watched a NETFLIX film the other day - the Story of Adam - or something like that. It was time travel stuff, combining elements of Star Wars and other kid movies, and the main character runs into his wife in the context of the story, and she is a mulatta, of course.

It does .. it told me if I put a email address in I won’t have to watch commercials.. soooo
Looked into it... I don't know fella, it has pretty low ratings. I see a lotta hate about this platform. Primarily the increase ad counts. People saying it will start with only 1 ad every 5 minutes, then after awhile it will be 3 ads every five minutes but also includes two-10 second Fawsome logo screen. Meaning there are 2 minutes of commercials every 5 minutes.
That is staggeringly obtrusive.

did you object to the rape scenes in that girl with the dragon tattoo movie? i am just trying to figure out what sex scenes are good with you ?

not at all....just trying to figure out your moral boundaries iamwhatiseem
I didn't think so... but honestly, that should be an unnecessary question. Just sayin.
Who isn't disturbed at being tricked into watching incest that is being enjoyed by both?
And no, I am not into rape scenes either, but I don't believe I have ever watched a rape scene where the raped was enjoying it either. That would be equally disturbing.

Forum List

Back