Old Feinstein introduces bill to outlaw bump stocks

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Lol!
I bet before this week less than 2% of the population had even heard of a bump stock.

Oh well, easy to make at home anyway.

Sen. Feinstein introducing bill to ban bump stocks after Vegas shooting

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a longtime advocate of stricter gun control measures, introduced a bill Wednesday that would ban the sale and possession of bump-stock equipment and other devices that essentially turn a semiautomatic weapon into an automatic one.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) told reporters Tuesday that multiple bump stocks were found in the hotel room used by the shooter, who opened fire during the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival on Sunday, killing 58 people and injuring over 500 others.

Senator introducing bill to ban bump stocks after Vegas shooting

I have no problem outlawing bump stocks. Fully automatic weapons are illegal without a federal permit, which is difficult to get. These basically allow people to get around that

I have no problem outlawing bump stocks. Fully automatic weapons are illegal without a federal permit, which is difficult to get. These basically allow people to get around that
You better ban rubber bands too then. . . Because I can accomplish the same exact result with a rubber band.

They should hold off on this like they did the suppressor legislation. Emotions are too high right now.

Lol!
I bet before this week less than 2% of the population had even heard of a bump stock.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a longtime advocate of stricter gun control measures, introduced a bill Wednesday that would ban the sale and possession of bump-stock equipment and other devices that essentially turn a semiautomatic weapon into an automatic one.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) told reporters Tuesday that multiple bump stocks were found in the hotel room used by the shooter, who opened fire during the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival on Sunday, killing 58 people and injuring over 500 others.

Good for her.

They should hold off on this like they did the suppressor legislation. Emotions are too high right now.
What's to think about? What's to coolly consider?
This is a perfect day to ban those fucking things.

One of the gun blog writers pointed out...they have worded it so that any modification of a trigger that makes it easier to shoot would make you a criminal...typical anti gun bait and switch.....get an M&P and switch it out for an Apex trigger...you could now be a criminal....

Lol!

You're right. I didn't know that existed. Holy shit, ban that.

What's to think about? What's to coolly consider?
This is a perfect day to ban those fucking things.

Except they worded it so any modification of a trigger that makes the gun easier to shoot could now be illegal...including fixing a bad factory trigger for simply a better trigger....typical anti gun, bait and switch....

The bump stock resets the trigger, making it unecessary for the user to pump the trigger repeatedly as with a normal semi-auto. While still technically not a full auto, which of course is illegal, essentially you have a full auto since all you have to do is put pressure on the trigger and the sliding bump stock does the work of resetting the trigger for you.

Voila, a machine gun.

The thing is, you can take away the bump stock, and this guy with two AR's and a pile of clips, he could have easily killed as many as he did with the normal AR semi-auto, maybe more since
there's a good chance that having the bump stock, was the main reason the smoke alarm went off, thus cutting short his shooting spree.

Fucking bullshit. Start pushing for a law that requires one to have the same license as required for a full auto .45 Thompson to have the AR and AK type weapons off of your property. You get caught with such and no license off your property, you get a felony conviction, all your guns seized and destroyed, and forever barred from owning or having a gun on your person.

Every time some asshole takes a bunch of lives, you insane fuckers say it is all too emotional a time to make a judgement. More people have died in the US from guns since 1968 than died in all our wars.

Forum List

Back