Democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein Introduces Bill to Ban Assault Weapons, High-Capacity Magazines

High capacity magazines are just a fear tactic.

I own 2 semi-auto firearms. A Springfield M1911 and a Springfield M1A Loaded.

The M1911 magazines hold 8 rounds. I have one 20 round magazine for the M1A, but the rest are 10 rounders. I would bet that I could do more damage, and have a higher body count with my 2 semi-autos (if there was a need) than these idiots seeking fame and attention can with all their 30 round magazine.
Plus, if you have extra clips, which are very inexpensive, you just push the release button to eject the empty clip and insert a new one in all of a couple of seconds and you're good to go.

Exactly. I can change the magazine in the M1911 in seconds. And the M1A can reach out farther, accurately, than the AR15.

The M1911 magazines hold 8 rounds. I have one 20 round magazine for the M1A, but the rest are 10 rounders. I would bet that I could do more damage, and have a higher body count with my 2 semi-autos (if there was a need) than these idiots seeking fame and attention can with all their 30 round magazine.

I see that you got a rare testosterone rush today.

I see that you got a rare testosterone rush today.

Same amount of testosterone as any other day. I have been a shooter and a hunter since the late 1960s. No testosterone involved.

What is so silly about these so called assault weapon bans is that they are based largely on appearance not function. Another little fact the left seems not to notice is the majority of gun violence is with handguns not rifles last as has been said before assault is an act not an object so even if you got the AR-15 banned people would just use a different type of semi automatic rifle or pistol. An assault weapon ban is a piece of legislation that is just for show so politicans can pretend like they actually solved a problem when in reality it accomplished nothing.

“Assault weapons are designed for a single purpose – to kill as many people as possible in as short an amount of time as possible. That’s why they are the weapon of choice for mass shooters and domestic terrorists. They are weapons of war and do not belong in our communities,” said Congressman Cicilline. “Banning these weapons will make our cities and towns safer and more secure and help to reduce gun deaths.”

Earlier Thursday the Democrat-led House passed a gun control bill to expand background checks with a vote of 227-203.

8 Republican lawmakers voted with the Democrats to pass the “Background Checks Act” that prohibits private firearms transfers without having a background check:

Vern Buchanan (FL)
Brian Fitzpatrick (PA)
Maria Salazar (FL)
Andrew Garbarino (NY)
Chris Smith (NJ)
Fred Upton (MI)
Carlos Gimenez (FL)
Adam Kinzinger (IL)

Awesome!
Any item you use to attack someone with, is an assault weapon (i.e., assault hammers, assault, screwdrivers, assault knives, assault bats, assault wrenches and of course, the ever popular, assault fists). The most popular rifle in this day and age, is the AR-15 style semi-automatic rifle, which accounts for ONLY about 4% of the crimes. The other 96% are mostly handguns (toss in the occasional shotgun and a rare crossbow crime) and there is the source of most of the violence. BUT, in firearms deaths, over 60% are as a result of SUICIDE. Those individuals will commit suicide whether there are firearms or not.
Last. The many, many, many, millions of "LAW-ABIDING" firearms owners (including the millions of law-abiding AR-15 style gun owners) are no danger to you, your loved ones or your neighbors. Their guns won't secretly run out into the night and create mayhem. When creating authoritarian, tyrannical, murderous governments (Germany, Soviet Union, China, North Korea, et cetera), their first act was to take away gun ownership rights and their guns, thus ensuring the public could not rise up against their tyrannical governments. What we see here, is another attempt of the same thing, taking the firearms away from those that aren't causing problems to ensure that when draconian laws are enacted, the public cannot oppose them.
The whole purpose of our Second Amendment was to ensure that the "people" could keep their firearms, should the need arise to protect the freedom of their states.

Last edited:
Democrat [sic] Senator Dianne Feinstein Introduces Bill to Ban Assault Weapons, High-Capacity Magazines
And?

Feinstein has introduced such legislation at least half a dozen times – if not more.

And the same thing will happen to this proposal as all the others: nothing.

This thread is just more fearmongering, demagoguery, and lies from the right.

I personally don't think there is need for assault weapons, guns and hunting rifles is all one needs.

Good...so you don't care if we own AR-15s then...right? Since they are in no way "Assault Rifles," or any other kind of "Assault" thing...right?

What is so silly about these so called assault weapon bans is that they are based largely on appearance not function. Another little fact the left seems not to notice is the majority of gun violence is with handguns not rifles last as has been said before assault is an act not an object so even if you got the AR-15 banned people would just use a different type of semi automatic rifle or pistol. An assault weapon ban is a piece of legislation that is just for show so politicans can pretend like they actually solved a problem when in reality it accomplished nothing.

The AR-15 is the trojan horse for their gun control plans......if they get uninformed Americans to allow democrats to ban AR-15 rifles......it gives them power to ban all other semi-automatic weapons......why?

The AR-15 rifle is a semi-automatic rifle........the semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns all operate the same way, one shot per pull of the trigger...revolvers work this way as well...once they are allowed to ban AR-15s on the theory that they are unusually dangerous and not necessary for civilians....the democrats will then come back and say that all the other semi-automatic weapons need to go to...since they are essentially AR-15 rifles since they operate the exact same way....

They may also use the "weapons of war," option....since pump action shotguns and bolt action rifles are current "weapons of war," in service with our military all over the world...

The AR-15 is the trojan horse for their gun control plans......if they get uninformed Americans to allow democrats to ban AR-15 rifles......it gives them power to ban all other semi-automatic weapons......why?

The AR-15 rifle is a semi-automatic rifle........the semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns all operate the same way, one shot per pull of the trigger...revolvers work this way as well...once they are allowed to ban AR-15s on the theory that they are unusually dangerous and not necessary for civilians....the democrats will then come back and say that all the other semi-automatic weapons need to go to...since they are essentially AR-15 rifles since they operate the exact same way....

They may also use the "weapons of war," option....since pump action shotguns and bolt action rifles are current "weapons of war," in service with our military all over the world...
All well known by those with basic gun knowledge and common sense. Of course those are not the people this is aimed at I have said everything you said and it’s the case gun rights advocates need to make on this issue.

I personally don't think there is need for assault weapons, guns and hunting rifles is all one needs.

Good...so you don't care if we own AR-15s then...right? Since they are in no way "Assault Rifles," or any other kind of "Assault" thing...right?

I'm against semi assault weapons and large mags. You should only be able to buy bullets 10 at a time and account for the bullets you used.

I'm against semi assault weapons and large mags. You should only be able to buy bullets 10 at a time and account for the bullets you used.

Of course....and then, eventually, those 10 bullets would go down to one...and then none....

We know who you are, we know what you want...we understand human nature and human history, which is why we will fight you every step of the way when you try to take our guns, one gun, one magazine, one bullet at a time...

Dianne Feinstein is a senile old bat who needs to be taken, 'round the barn and put down. She serves no useful purpose.

Feinstein's legislation would ban the top rifle in this photo. It's a standard AR-15:

View attachment 467294

Sure looks scary, doesn't it?

The problem, though, is that the second rifle is, a Ruger Mini-14, is essentially the exact same weapon as the AR-15, and would not be banned by Feinstein's legislation. Like most idiot liberals, though, Feinstein knows dick about firearms. I'm sure the good Senator would be surprised to learn that both rifles use .223 ammunition and have the exact same rate of fire. Both have a muzzle velocity of about 3,100 fps. Both have readily available 30 round magazines.

The Ruger, commonly referred to as a "ranch rifle" is a common site on farms for killing varmints and for protecting livestock and, let's face it, looks like something you'd see at a Boy Scout summer camp.

Feinstein's as idiot who's outlived her usefulness...
In time libs will ban the Ruger also if they can

Watch their wording. "if it has the ability to accept a high cap mag" ...

Dianne Feinstein is a senile old bat who needs to be taken, 'round the barn and put down. She serves no useful purpose.

Feinstein's legislation would ban the top rifle in this photo. It's a standard AR-15:

View attachment 467294

Sure looks scary, doesn't it?

The problem, though, is that the second rifle is, a Ruger Mini-14, is essentially the exact same weapon as the AR-15, and would not be banned by Feinstein's legislation. Like most idiot liberals, though, Feinstein knows dick about firearms. I'm sure the good Senator would be surprised to learn that both rifles use .223 ammunition and have the exact same rate of fire. Both have a muzzle velocity of about 3,100 fps. Both have readily available 30 round magazines.

The Ruger, commonly referred to as a "ranch rifle" is a common site on farms for killing varmints and for protecting livestock and, let's face it, looks like something you'd see at a Boy Scout summer camp.

Feinstein's as idiot who's outlived her usefulness...
In time libs will ban the Ruger also if they can

Watch their wording. "if it has the ability to accept a high cap mag" ...
Which means, in reality, ANYTHING with a detachable magazine.

Forum List

Back