OK...Same Old Story..Lanza Was Bullied..When He Attended Sandy Hook!

I just can't hear any excuses for this kid, the mother was not enough to deal with him. I know she wanted him to be normal but he wasn't and what he finally ended up doing is just unspeakable.

Those poor kids were so scared and he was so out of it. I wouldn't be able to live with someone I was afraid of, if only she would have taken an assertive step to get him the help he needed. If only she didn't have guns..

I just can't hear any excuses for this kid, the mother was not enough to deal with him. I know she wanted him to be normal but he wasn't and what he finally ended up doing is just unspeakable.

Those poor kids were so scared and he was so out of it. I wouldn't be able to live with someone I was afraid of, if only she would have taken an assertive step to get him the help he needed. If only she didn't have guns..

Just assuming---we don't yet know that the mother/parents didn't get some sort of help.

Some fyi has been posted in articles today---shy, introvert with some behavioral issues in high school--to sum up what I've read.

Honor roll student. His brother hadn't been in communication with him for two years.

His brother has been quoted with saying--'autism and/or personality disorder'.

I suppose some serious forms of mental illness can become more pronounced at different times in an individual's life.

They think the Colorado shooter had a psychotic break. Maybe that happened to this man, too.

When someone is an outcast, bullied, or treated as a pariah, have no support at school, moral foundation, support base, or most importantly home it is inevitable that they will develop a sense of diminished self worth, esteem and progressively sink further into the abyss of depression and despair. In our all about me and mine society we have little time and patience for those that can not work these issues out on their own, because were too busy thinking about ourselves. As a society we reap the seeds we sow.

When someone is an outcast, bullied, or treated as a pariah, have no support at school, moral foundation, support base, or most importantly home it is inevitable that they will develop a sense of diminished self worth, esteem and progressively sink further into the abyss of depression and despair. In our all about me and mine society we have little time and patience for those that can not work these issues out on their own, because were too busy thinking about ourselves. As a society we reap the seeds we sow.

That is true.

I hope accurate fyi will soon emerge. It's futile to try and 'guess' what went wrong, what was done/not done or what should have been done.

Forum List

Back