OK..GOP candidates suck...so enlighten me...

I had hope he would be a change from the Bush methods of running things.
I quickly found out I was wrong. The guy turned out to be a bush clone.
It did not take me 7 years to admit my being wrong though. Just a matter of months.
It was in my opinion the lesser of the evils at the voting booth.
I honestly do not believe McCain/Palin would have done any better than Obama has though.

you did not answer the question...

What about Obama did you use to evaluate him to determine that he was the lesser of the two evils?

Just look at who was running for Vice President for the GOP. Obama was a much better choice than Grandpa and the Bimbo.

so Obama by default....again.

But then again you refer to McCain as Grandpa and Palin as the bimbo.

So your opinion is meaningless to me.

He was running AGAINST McCain and Palin. Simple as that. While Obama may not have had all of the credentials one would hope to find in a POTUS candidate, the thought of McCain dying in office, and turning the reigns of our country over to Caribou Barbie was simply too much to overcome.

So you plan on voting for Barack again considering the Republican landscape today?

Absolutely.

I can comfortably say you are a liar. Likely some 35 year old man sitting in his mommys basement in his underwear typing away...

Go for it.

Yeah hs is smart and a good talker TM, However he has mostly followed the path Bush set out.

Obama is very smart and has a grasp of the issues and political strategy, he's communicative, he talks about any issue with a clear understanding. He had an agenda that required deep thought and goals that could move the country forward.

Bush clone? I don't see it. He has a spirit of cooperation and wants to work with the Right, which was important to me and is now but he was giving up too much to Repubs. Bush had people who guided him through his presidency but he had no apparant strategy or understanding of real issues.

As a person, I thought Bush had a good sense of humor, he had a way with people and he never meant to hurt anyone. He simply wasn't up to the job.

Obama is once again working his way back to relevency and I believe he will amaze us all at how easily he will take this second term.. The Right will just have to think up something else to try and get him out of office.

Go Obama! :)

You're right, he is a good talker, and an even bigger liar.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Z5KZ42GXw]Obama, Which One Did You Vote For? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UErR7i2onW0]7 Lies In Under 2 Minutes - YouTube[/ame]

He told you guys what you wanted to hear, you elected him...now get ready for the main.

he was selected to head teh harvard revue.

They dont pick dummies.

i could tell he was smart from his words.

I said that he would be president someday the first time I heard him speak.

My Bro gave me shit for saying it and called to eat crow they day he was elected.

You mean he was elected to head the Harvard Law Review. From what I can tell his fellow students chose him. I could be wrong, but then I was reading about it the other day so unless the source is wrong, I am fairly confident.

You don't have to be smart to win elections.

So you thought he was smart because of his words. I think that's very curious coming from you. After all, you continually tell us why your grammar and spelling are unimportant. Yet if words show intelligence, then what do your words show us? It just seems like an inconsistant viewpoint to me. But then I am all for improving the way we communicate. That way it doesn't matter how smart or dumb you are. You can still get your point across.

You have all taken apart all candidates that are running for the GOP nomination. You have educated us as to why Cain is a poor choice...why Bachmann is a hypocrite.....Newt is not worthy....Rommey.....and I can go on and on.

Fine...thank you.

What you have done is reviewed their years in politics, or thier years in business, their years as a privatye citizen, the actions when they were younger, the actions of their spouses...etc..etc...etc...

So now lets go back to 2008.....

Obama had a mere 2 years as a state senator and less than 18 months as a US senator.

He had a very spotty voting record in Illinois...voted present quite often and voted party lines pretty much the rest of the time...so it was difficxult to see what his thought process was
As a US senator, he voted against the surge...something that was successful and he doubled down on when he was President....so that vote was the wrong vote at the time.
The rest of his votes were either present or along party lines....so again, one can not evaluate his thought process.

So what did we want to know about him......

His acadedmic successes....but we were told no...none of our business.
His writings with the law review...we were told none of our business
His relationships with other people...we were told it is irrelevant and that we should not judge him by the actions of his mentors and supporters.....and we are racists if we try to
We asked who his friends are...we were told none of our business (anyone know of ANY friends that he has?)

SO I must ask all of you....you have dug deep to knock and find fault in the GOP runners...

So what of Obama did you evaluate when you opted to vote for him?

He was running AGAINST McCain and Palin. Simple as that. While Obama may not have had all of the credentials one would hope to find in a POTUS candidate, the thought of McCain dying in office, and turning the reigns of our country over to Caribou Barbie was simply too much to overcome.

I'll be honest here, I voted on Obama only because I didn't want Palin to be the Vice President.

Yea it was shallow. But was it wrong?

HELL NO.

And you voted against Palin why? For no other reason than the lies the MSM told you about her? Yeah, it's wrong.

As far as the GOP candidates are concerned, only one who does not practice social reforms based on the fringe right wing voters will get my vote. I want fiscally conservative policies, not right wing social policies.

Give me a candidate who follows those two simple points and you've got a vote.

I want a centrist president. It's something we've lacked for a long time.

Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.

No GT...not an i told you so thread.

I was actually using my time to discerne the partisan from the non partiosan.

You and US Citizen were the only honest ones in my book.

And as for Wright.....sure those others had nothing to do with you...

But the electorate as a whole?

They knocked them out for lesser reasons than Wright...Much less Wright, Ayers and Resko combined.

At the time, the positives outweighed the negatives. It was apparent that he was intelligent, it was apparent that he was a single-mother, non-rich household and got his life in the position from THAT beginning, to running for POTUS, the upper echelon of many people's dreams. He was Magna Cum Laude at one of the most esteemed schools in the nation. He had a wife and 2 beautiful daughters, and everything on that front seemed nuclear and happy. He was in agreement with me, at the time, on Foreign policy. That was a big deal, to me. Also, McCain DID seem the closer to Bush which, thanks but no thanks and adding Palin was such a bone-head move.

His negatives were: idealogical differences with Righties, Wright and Ayers, and his skin color (for some, who have even admitted it in polls).

no scandal, no 3rd and 4th wives, no giant fuck-ups in going from single mom low class household to magna cum laude @ harvard......he gave back to his community and whether anyone wants to question his motives in doing so, or not, he-gave-back. He did it despite knowing that his intentions would be questioned.

he wrote a book about his life, for anyone to nit pick and fact check. He put his life out there, in a book and was in the public eye for most of it, only to have guys on the radio say "we dont know anything about this dangerous man!"

so what did we know about this guy that we supposedly knew "nothing" about?

we knew wife
kids
schools and appearances on honor roll listings (magna cum laude, etc)
community person
in the public for years, yet no scary footage about how he wants to one day rule the world and kill whities
no scandals
intelligent, well spoken
shoots hoops at the park (down to earth, not "too cool," takes care of his body)
knew his grandmother
his wife's brother is a major college coach that vouched for his character
he wrote an entire book about his life
he was a senator, and no, all his votes weren't "present," he had stands on many issues to look over
he had a platform he was running on

let me ask you something..........what DIDN'T we know about him?

And you voted against Palin why? For no other reason than the lies the MSM told you about her? Yeah, it's wrong.

If you can't tell that Palin's an air-head just by watching her, herself speak...than that's on you. It's nothing to do with the Media, she's out there talking all the time and you can also see her on a TV show.

Yeah hs is smart and a good talker TM, However he has mostly followed the path Bush set out.

You are right USC but a republican in this day and age means tea party pandering the entire time.

Obama has disapointed me repetedly but a republican ( in todays world) would mean disastor.

Even Romeny who I think may be a decent guy deep down is a tea paarty clown out of nessesity.

So what do you have against the Tea Party anyway? What is it about lower taxes, less spending, fiscal responsibility, and the Constitution that you disagree on?

Ron Paul is the only one for you then.
However he has not a chance in hell of winning the nomination due to his views on useage of the military.

Fuck.

I've studied Ron Paul a fair bit because he piqued my interest, I love his courage and his honesty, but some of his policies are out of wack. Don't get me wrong though he is probably the most experienced politician in the world though.

Just not sure I want him as president.

I dont want an experienced politician in there. I want a non-politician who will do what's right for america, and follow the constitution. I want Herman Cain "I know, I'm racist right?".

I just want a fiscal conservative and someone who leaves social policy out of the limelight.

Why would anyone in their right mind care about abortion when our country is in such turmoil? It boggles my mind. And the GOP Candidates who didn't even thank that gay soldier did nothing to improve my view on them as they stand. If they can't respect someone who is willing to die for them, why should I respect them?

The platform he ran on. It doesn't matter who wrote it, he said it was his goal. It was better than risking someone as dumb as Palin being near our big red button.

And as you see, his platform was nothing buyt someone elses idea who knew it would get him elected.

His past in school is proven, WITHout seeing his transcripts, unless you're honestly going to sit in your chair and claim that Harvard Law is somehow a part of some conspiracy, or that it's easy to get into with no scholastic accomplishment(ridiculous).

No offense, but I am not one who jumps into conspiracies on here. But why was Yale a "daddy's doing" but Harvard not an "affirmative action" doing?

I also liked his approach.

Fair enough. I seemed to see it as insincere

I also didn't want another Bush, even though we got him.

Thus why I was correct seeing as his approach insincere

I also know that if he had any real dirt of significance on him, the obsessively partisan radio hacks would have uncovered it in a heart-beat.

Well...it depends on what you would consider dirt. Havingt Wirght as your mentor would have knocked anyone out of a race.

He also had a couple of books out, and you could have read about his life pretty easily and took at least a majority of it at face value. Obviously not all of it. (politician).

He wasn't unvetted. That's completely ridiculous. He had Senatorial Campaigns and a Presidential campaign opponent(s) gunning for him at different time periods, and if he was some sort of obvious idiot or danger we all would have heard about it.

He was vetted...but most of what normally is deemed an issue was tossed aside as a non issue.
Dean was knocked out by a rah rah speech.
Hart was knocked out by the actions of one of hius supporters.
Dukakis lost becuase he looked silly sitting in a tank.

But I appreciate an honest answer.

Well first, affirmative action or not, it's a FACT that he was Magna Cum Laude. Question how he got in there, etc etc................but you can't question that he wasn't out of his league there. In other words, he WAS scholastically accomplished.

Wright is such a non-issue, and so is Ayers that it's completely ridiculous and I won't even go there or re-hash the conversation.

The Dean Hart Dukakis shit has nothing to do with me.

You're comparing a Harvard Grad, Community / Family man to guys who left thier wives under Cancer, caused Gov't shutdowns and are establishment NeoCons, have used bigoted speech against Muslims, flip flop themselves on the same night, on the same stage......

These are all viable issues. Looking back and saying but but but just sounds whinish, a bit. Like, bitter.

Go ahead and Vet Obama now, there's a new election to be had. Stop being so stuck on I told you so's like what's it really do for you?

Does it not concern you that noone he supposedly went to school there with even remembers him? He is the president of the US right now, and not one person knows him from his college days, not one. Not even an old girlfriend or drinking buddie "Or cocaine buddy". Not.......one.

I had hope he would be a change from the Bush methods of running things.
I quickly found out I was wrong. The guy turned out to be a bush clone.
It did not take me 7 years to admit my being wrong though. Just a matter of months.
It was in my opinion the lesser of the evils at the voting booth.
I honestly do not believe McCain/Palin would have done any better than Obama has though.

you did not answer the question...

What about Obama did you use to evaluate him to determine that he was the lesser of the two evils?

Just look at who was running for Vice President for the GOP. Obama was a much better choice than Grandpa and the Bimbo.

Again, other than name calling, not one of you can give a viable reason why Palin was a bad choice. Her state boomed under her administration and she reigned in corruption, Guess that was a scary thing for the left.

He was vetted...but most of what normally is deemed an issue was tossed aside as a non issue.

Well first, affirmative action or not, it's a FACT that he was Magna Cum Laude. Question how he got in there, etc etc................but you can't question that he wasn't out of his league there. In other words, he WAS scholastically accomplished.

Wright is such a non-issue, and so is Ayers that it's completely ridiculous and I won't even go there or re-hash the conversation.

You're comparing a Harvard Grad, Community / Family man to guys who left thier wives under Cancer, caused Gov't shutdowns and are establishment NeoCons, have used bigoted speech against Muslims, flip flop themselves on the same night, on the same stage......

These are all viable issues. Looking back and saying but but but just sounds whinish, a bit. Like, bitter.

Go ahead and Vet Obama now, there's a new election to be had. Stop being so stuck on I told you so's like what's it really do for you?

Does it not concern you that noone he supposedly went to school there with even remembers him? He is the president of the US right now, and not one person knows him from his college days, not one. Not even an old girlfriend or drinking buddie "Or cocaine buddy". Not.......one.

How many people were in his graduating class, and of them all, how many have you been in contact with?

It looks like you believe everything you hear. A little introspect might go a long way, dude. Conspiracy theories are usually for the simple minded.

You are right USC but a republican in this day and age means tea party pandering the entire time.

Obama has disapointed me repetedly but a republican ( in todays world) would mean disastor.

Even Romeny who I think may be a decent guy deep down is a tea paarty clown out of nessesity.

So what do you have against the Tea Party anyway? What is it about lower taxes, less spending, fiscal responsibility, and the Constitution that you disagree on?

She's afraid her free ride would end and she'd have to get a job.

he was selected to head teh harvard revue.

They dont pick dummies.

You where told that he was, but yet noone at Harvard even in his own "Supposed" class even remembers him being there. Now if you where selected of such things, surely someone would remember you. Another lie that they wanted you to believe.

I work in a Federal Prison and work around con artists all the time, they know how to talk and they sure sound smart, but they can be pretty stupid when it comes to common sense.

I said that he would be president someday the first time I heard him speak.
That settled it then, if you said it then it's all your fault that he made it. :lol:
My Bro gave me shit for saying it and called to eat crow they day he was elected.

ANd now you are the one eating crow, his policies will soon effect you just like it does everyone else, you just dont see it yet, but you will. You fell for the hope and change, without even knowing what type of hope and change, but you are about to find out real soon, and you're not going to like it.

I think you are confusing Harvard with Columbia. It's Columbia that none of his class mates remember him at.

If you can't tell that Palin's an air-head just by watching her, herself speak...than that's on you. It's nothing to do with the Media, she's out there talking all the time and you can also see her on a TV show.

So following the same logic that you elected Obama on, he talks smart, she doesn't. But if you follow each ones actions you have a very different outcome of events. She ran a state and the state boomed, she reigned in corruption, she had executive experience. Obama did none of the above, and under his leadership the country is failing.
But....he really does speak good!

Do we know who ANY of his friends are?
We were not allowed to ask him..and he didnt offer the information up....but does he have anyone in his life that we know about?

Furthermore...

During the campaign, the left made a big issue of the Keating 5...something that took place 20 years prior and a hearing found McCain to be guilty of nothing but perhaps "poor judgenment",,,but it was still made to be an issue..

Yet...and I ask this sincerely...

Can anyone tell me why no one asked Obama about his deal with Resko....it was the purchase of a piece of prime land that broke up a larger piece...devaluing the remaining piece dramatically...and it was sold to Obama at less than the market value. In other words, a deal that made no sense to Resko whatsoever...and he was a real estate investor.....

Now, I recall CNN telling the viewers that if it were something shady, the state AG would have looked into it. However, state AG's do not always look into victimless crimes as this was...and lets be real...wasnt the AG appointed by Blago who had a stake in Obama being elected?

But no one....NO ONE who voted for Obama wanted to know the details of a deal Obama made with a man who was convicted of fraudulent real estate dealings and sent to prioson for it?

No one at all?

Forum List

Back