OK..GOP candidates suck...so enlighten me...

Jarhead

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2010
You have all taken apart all candidates that are running for the GOP nomination. You have educated us as to why Cain is a poor choice...why Bachmann is a hypocrite.....Newt is not worthy....Rommey.....and I can go on and on.

Fine...thank you.

What you have done is reviewed their years in politics, or thier years in business, their years as a privatye citizen, the actions when they were younger, the actions of their spouses...etc..etc...etc...

So now lets go back to 2008.....

Obama had a mere 2 years as a state senator and less than 18 months as a US senator.

He had a very spotty voting record in Illinois...voted present quite often and voted party lines pretty much the rest of the time...so it was difficxult to see what his thought process was
As a US senator, he voted against the surge...something that was successful and he doubled down on when he was President....so that vote was the wrong vote at the time.
The rest of his votes were either present or along party lines....so again, one can not evaluate his thought process.

So what did we want to know about him......

His acadedmic successes....but we were told no...none of our business.
His writings with the law review...we were told none of our business
His relationships with other people...we were told it is irrelevant and that we should not judge him by the actions of his mentors and supporters.....and we are racists if we try to
We asked who his friends are...we were told none of our business (anyone know of ANY friends that he has?)

SO I must ask all of you....you have dug deep to knock and find fault in the GOP runners...

So what of Obama did you evaluate when you opted to vote for him?

I had hope he would be a change from the Bush methods of running things.
I quickly found out I was wrong. The guy turned out to be a bush clone.
It did not take me 7 years to admit my being wrong though. Just a matter of months.
It was in my opinion the lesser of the evils at the voting booth.
I honestly do not believe McCain/Palin would have done any better than Obama has though.

Last edited:
with phil Gram as their economic adviser of choice we would have been a third world country.

It did not take me 7 years to admit my being wrong though. Just a matter of months.
I honestly do not believe McCain/Palin would have done any better than Obama has though.

you did not answer the question...

What about Obama did you use to evaluate him to determine that he was the lesser of the two evils?

with phil Gram as their economic adviser of choice we would have been a third world country.

you did not answer the question.

What about Obama did you evaluate that allowed you to determine that he was your candidate of choice?

What about Obama did you use to evaluate him to determine that he was the lesser of the two evils?

McCain would have carried on the Bush traditions for sure. Obama I thought not likely to since he was supposedly a democrat.
Of course just my opinions based on my observations as is how we all vote.

btw I think I did answer your question, but perhaps you did not like my answer since it gave you nothing to attack?

As far as the GOP candidates are concerned, only one who does not practice social reforms based on the fringe right wing voters will get my vote. I want fiscally conservative policies, not right wing social policies.

Give me a candidate who follows those two simple points and you've got a vote.

I want a centrist president. It's something we've lacked for a long time.

Brains and what he talked about

Well...ytoiu did not know if he did well in college...you assume he did.
Afterall, Bush went to Yale but you do not see him as "smart"...

So then it was just the words of his speech writers? The message of his campaign manager who was hired to help him "win" that won you over?

OK. Thanks for your honesty.

When you use phrases like "candidates suck" you illustrate your ignorance and the end result of US education administered by union workers.

As far as the GOP candidates are concerned, only one who does not practice social reforms based on the fringe right wing voters will get my vote. I want fiscally conservative policies, not right wing social policies.

Ron Paul is the only one for you then.
However he has not a chance in hell of winning the nomination due to his views on useage of the military.

Brains and what he talked about

Well...ytoiu did not know if he did well in college...you assume he did.
Afterall, Bush went to Yale but you do not see him as "smart"...

So then it was just the words of his speech writers? The message of his campaign manager who was hired to help him "win" that won you over?

OK. Thanks for your honesty.

Well, the difference here is that Bush got in on the Daddy credit, not his performance.

he was selected to head teh harvard revue.

They dont pick dummies.

i could tell he was smart from his words.

I said that he would be president someday the first time I heard him speak.

My Bro gave me shit for saying it and called to eat crow they day he was elected.

McCain would have carried on the Bush traditions for sure. Obama I thought not likely to since he was supposedly a democrat.
Of course just my opinions based on my observations as is how we all vote.

btw I think I did answer your question, but perhaps you did not like my answer since it gave you nothing to attack?

No...you still have not answered my question.

SO I will ask it this way...

What of Obama's history did you use to determine he was a better choice?
Just his words?
And I will not attack anyone....I am actually just curoious why you all are so ready to judge a GOP candidate based on their past....but have nothing of Obamas past to justufy your voting for him.

And as for you US citizen...you even admit it...you were wrong about the man.

And that is my point.

You have all taken apart all candidates that are running for the GOP nomination. You have educated us as to why Cain is a poor choice...why Bachmann is a hypocrite.....Newt is not worthy....Rommey.....and I can go on and on.

Fine...thank you.

What you have done is reviewed their years in politics, or thier years in business, their years as a privatye citizen, the actions when they were younger, the actions of their spouses...etc..etc...etc...

So now lets go back to 2008.....
No.....go back to '96.

Much like Bob Dole, the next Republican-candidate will be The Party's "throw-away" candidate.....never to be heard-from, again.

346.gif

Ron Paul is the only one for you then.
However he has not a chance in hell of winning the nomination due to his views on useage of the military.

Fuck.

I've studied Ron Paul a fair bit because he piqued my interest, I love his courage and his honesty, but some of his policies are out of wack. Don't get me wrong though he is probably the most experienced politician in the world though.

Just not sure I want him as president.

I evaluated him based on his grasp of policy; whether his vision for the US and the world was more in line with mine than other candidates; whether I agreed with his policy prescriptions relative to the candidates and whether or not I trusted his decision-making skills.

A year long campaign gives you more than ample time to evaluate how a person will function. I find that period far more relevant than whether he owned a pizza chain, went to State U or smoked pot when he was in high school.

in the end, he has proven to be more pragmatic, centrist and averse to conflict than I would prefer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back