Ohtani Effect

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast

Yes, Ohtani is having an effect on baseball fans and from what I figured, Clayton Kershaw. I get the impression that the free agent Kershaw may be gone from the Dodgers. He won't be able to play till next July due to his shoulder surgery, anyways. So be it. Someone else (Rangers) will take him.

My neighbor is a huge Angels/Ohtani fan. Now scratch Ohtani from that last sentence. What a whiner.

So, get yourself an Ohtani #17 Dodgers jersey because they are selling like crazy. Actually, in 48 hours they have already doubled Messi's Fanatics sales record. Only $350.00. That's Ok, I'll pass.

Dodgers season opener tickets? How about $1000 for a no-seat-stand-only ticket, or the most expensive at $10,000?

Yes, Ohtani is having an effect on baseball fans and from what I figured, Clayton Kershaw. I get the impression that the free agent Kershaw may be gone from the Dodgers. He won't be able to play till next July due to his shoulder surgery, anyways. So be it. Someone else (Rangers) will take him.

My neighbor is a huge Angels/Ohtani fan. Now scratch Ohtani from that last sentence. What a whiner.

So, get yourself an Ohtani #17 Dodgers jersey because they are selling like crazy. Actually, in 48 hours they have already doubled Messi's Fanatics sales record. Only $350.00. That's Ok, I'll pass.

Dodgers season opener tickets? How about $1000 for a no-seat-stand-only ticket, or the most expensive at $10,000?

Guest of a season box seat holder. It will be superb.

Read the news today?

How the interpreter had access to Ohtani's finances seems fishy, for sure.
And the interpreter's first statement that Ohtani didnt like the gambling, but felt bad for him and paid his gambling debt.

Then Ohtani's lawyers contradicted that and said it was theft. No arrests.

The interpreter got himself into $4.5 million of gambling debt?

I'm a little worried for Ohtani's future. It would be a shame for possibly the best player ever to get a lifetime ban.

"Mizuhara has since contradicted himself when it comes to Ohtani's financial involvement. He first claimed in an interview with ESPN that Ohtani agreed to pay off his gambling debts. Mizuhara later changed course, saying Ohtani had no knowledge of the situation and did not make transfers to the bookmaker's associate"

"The bookmaker has claimed he never met or spoke with Ohtani, and there's no reason at this point in time to believe that Ohtani partook in any wrongdoing. On Wednesday, a spokesperson for Berk Brettler law firm told CBS Sports the following: "In the course of responding to recent media inquiries, we discovered that Shohei has been the victim of a massive theft and we are turning the matter over to the authorities."

And the interpreter's first statement that Ohtani didnt like the gambling, but felt bad for him and paid his gambling debt.

Then Ohtani's lawyers contradicted that and said it was theft. No arrests.

The interpreter got himself into $4.5 million of gambling debt?

I'm a little worried for Ohtani's future. It would be a shame for possibly the best player ever to get a lifetime ban.
How the Feds were watching the bookie and came across Ohtani is bad news.

"Mizuhara has since contradicted himself when it comes to Ohtani's financial involvement. He first claimed in an interview with ESPN that Ohtani agreed to pay off his gambling debts. Mizuhara later changed course, saying Ohtani had no knowledge of the situation and did not make transfers to the bookmaker's associate"

"The bookmaker has claimed he never met or spoke with Ohtani, and there's no reason at this point in time to believe that Ohtani partook in any wrongdoing. On Wednesday, a spokesperson for Berk Brettler law firm told CBS Sports the following: "In the course of responding to recent media inquiries, we discovered that Shohei has been the victim of a massive theft and we are turning the matter over to the authorities."

If ohtani presses charges, Then his computer becomes an open book. If he was betting by proxy the investigators will find this out.

Look at this looker throwing out the 1st pitch...

1711037554119.png

Of course. The sports press can really make shit up as it is.
But Ohtani is allegedly the victim. And the plaintiff. There should be no problem with him saying he was robbed.

His behavior seems more like someone who is under investigation.

As for Ohtani and the gambling debt, keep in mind that an amount this large would have significant tax ramifications, and Ohtany would want to consult with his tax lawyer before making a public statement on the matter, even if he did pony up some money.

Forgiven debt is TAXABLE INCOME. A gift tax would be payable by Ohtani. It could get uglier than it already is.

Forum List

Back