Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Jan 10th, 2019

Democrats have wasted more than $5 billion on the study of homosexual tendencies among jelly fish and other such nonsense...why is it such a big deal to them...other than the obvious...the importation of more voters for their "base"????
Now youre just making stuff up. No such study exists.
This is just a hail mary before trump resigns.
Giuliani braces for mueller report.

The big news is that trump has the men on his side and especially the most powerful group in history white men in a landslide

The mueller probe has already been judged by the real power as blackmail to try to stop trump from stopping the deep states proven big crimes

Trump has the real
Power

And yet he and the white men can't make Mexico pay for a wall. Sad.
Racist
really, Trump has the answer.

Mostly because what you guys propose is usually racist or stupid.

The reality... Illegal immigration started declining under Obama.

you mean he supported unions and a living wage?

No, of course not! He just wants to keep other poor people from doing the jobs poor Americans don't want to do.
Lol unions .. most poor are against the anti American unions, unions destroy small private businesses that hire the poor.. if you are for unions you hate the poor

I don't generally care for unions...but where is your link to unbiased, factual data that 'if you are for unions you hate the poor', please?
Well in Boston unions destroy small businesses, they can’t compete for jobs because of money and working back door deals with politicians . So if you are pro unions today you hate the poor

That doesn't prove your position. Your example might prove that unions damage free enterprise (which I agree, they usually do)...but it does not prove that EVERYONE who is pro union hates the poor.

And considering many people who are pro-union are poor - your point doubly does not make sense.
Well if you cared about the poor you would ask for all unions to break down and return to the free market. If not you are supporting the poor and dreams of biz owners to die

You cannot just run around making blanket statements about tens of millions of people you have never even met and expect people to take it seriously.

I am generally not for unions. But I know LOTS of people who are for unions who DEFINITELY do not hate the poor.

Democrats have wasted more than $5 billion on the study of homosexual tendencies among jelly fish and other such nonsense...why is it such a big deal to them...other than the obvious...the importation of more voters for their "base"????
Now youre just making stuff up. No such study exists.
This is just a hail mary before trump resigns.
Giuliani braces for mueller report.

The big news is that trump has the men on his side and especially the most powerful group in history white men in a landslide

The mueller probe has already been judged by the real power as blackmail to try to stop trump from stopping the deep states proven big crimes

Trump has the real
Power

And yet he and the white men can't make Mexico pay for a wall. Sad.
Racist

Retard.

Lol unions .. most poor are against the anti American unions, unions destroy small private businesses that hire the poor.. if you are for unions you hate the poor

I don't generally care for unions...but where is your link to unbiased, factual data that 'if you are for unions you hate the poor', please?
Well in Boston unions destroy small businesses, they can’t compete for jobs because of money and working back door deals with politicians . So if you are pro unions today you hate the poor

That doesn't prove your position. Your example might prove that unions damage free enterprise (which I agree, they usually do)...but it does not prove that EVERYONE who is pro union hates the poor.

And considering many people who are pro-union are poor - your point doubly does not make sense.
Well if you cared about the poor you would ask for all unions to break down and return to the free market. If not you are supporting the poor and dreams of biz owners to die

You cannot just run around making blanket statements about tens of millions of people you have never even met and expect people to take it seriously.

I am generally not for unions. But I know LOTS of people who are for unions who DEFINITELY do not hate the poor.
Just my opinion, I could be in a union now.. but it’s against my principles . Let the poor have access to these jobs

Just my opinion, I could be in a union now.. but it’s against my principles . Let the poor have access to these jobs

Fair enough.

So we have a shutdown to try and force solution or continue to ignore an issue that has been ignored and kicked down the road for decades we do know where everyone stands now not a bad thing.

there will be NO DOUBT in Americans minds EXACTLY whom is responsible for all the misery.
Rational Americans already know who is responsible for "all the misery".

It's the Federal Government and its legions of lackeys, that's why nobody with any perception, objectivity and common sense trusts it anymore.

You voted for "I alone can fix it." No one with perception or common sense would do that.

there will be NO DOUBT in Americans minds EXACTLY whom is responsible for all the misery.

It's the Federal Government and its legions of lackeys, that's why nobody with any perception, objectivity and common sense trusts it anymore.

You voted for "I alone can fix it." No one with perception or common sense would do that.

LOL, tell me Kreskin, how would you know who or what I "voted" for or even if I "voted" at all ?

LOL, tell me Kreskin, how would you know who or what I "voted" for or even if I "voted" at all ?

The presumption that you speak for rational Americans indicated a fertile field for Orange Judas's propaganda. If I have insulted you out of ignorance, I apologize.

In case anyone forgot.

And ?
How about you guys return to the Dimocrat position of not so many years ago, and lets get some increased border security going ?

Repeat after me, Clown. Democrats are for border security. We just don't like spending $20 billion on a wall which will end up as a monument to Trump insanity!

If numbnuts gets his wall & it fails who will he blame for another one of his screwups?

Did you blame Obama and Clinton for their failed virtual fence projects, mind you, not just once, but thrice, in which they invested over a billion.

In case anyone forgot.

And ?
How about you guys return to the Dimocrat position of not so many years ago, and lets get some increased border security going ?

Repeat after me, Clown. Democrats are for border security. We just don't like spending $20 billion on a wall which will end up as a monument to Trump insanity!

If numbnuts gets his wall & it fails who will he blame for another one of his screwups?

Last edited:
The dems shove give him 30 billion and tell him to build the Wall from coast to coast like he promised.

Why?

A majority of Congress are against the shutdown.

Trump is losing. Bigly.

Because controlling who and what enters a nation is the most basic function of government.

ONly an enemy of the nation could be against it.

It would be good for the nation and it's citizens to build the Wall.

That is why they should do it.

You are putting partisan gain ahead of that, to your shame.

No, at this point, a majority in congress are against it. It is the Republicans who are now playing politics. I dare McConnell to hold a vote. I doubt they would vote it down.

And they should play politics with it. This is a needed fix to a situation that has been on going for decades. It needs fixed.

Yes, Congress is against it, because they are stupid, mindless, useless, garbage people, who do not defend the country.

We absolutely should play politics with this, and we should fight this to the absolute bitter end. Either break the country apart in civil war, or start defending this country, with a wall. What is the point of even having a country, if you are going to allow an anarchy anything-goes system of laws?

No other country does this. Canada doesn't allow this. Mexico doesn't allow this. Europe doesn't allow this. No one else, but pathetically stupid, and useless trash known as "democraps" do this.

Open the govt.

As soon as they secure the border.

Can I still take credit for the Fed Gov shutdown?
:banana:

May the shutdown last forever and funding dwindle until FedZilla is back to the limited scope for which it was intended!

These wall debates go back and forth to the point they're predictable. We on the right say Trump should fight for the wall funding and not back down. On the left, they say Democrats should not back down on stopping the wall

The real problem is honesty. I think this is how Trump can show how dishonest the Democrats are. Make them an offer they can't accept.

Trump will sign the bill with no funding for the wall if:

Democrats make an official address to the country. They must admit that they have zero interest in stopping illegal immigration. Their short term goal is to make whites a minority in our country. And.......their plans are on making our country a single-party (Democrat) government forever.

OR

Democrats agree to create a bill that would make being here illegal a felony with a five year minimum prison sentence for the first offense. Such a conviction would be followed by immediate deportation, and the convict can never apply for Visa's, green cards, asylum, or citizenship.

While there is no way in hell the Democrats would agree to either agreement, it will at least show the country how they were lying to the public and do not want this problem stopped. Perhaps if Trump did that, people would wake up on election day and remember the offers Democrats refused. It would also finally show their constituents that we were right all along. They don't want to stop illegal immigration. Every other reason they gave for being against the wall is pure BS.

Let me get this straight.. .. You think that Democrats saying no to locking up people for five years because they are looking for a better life would hurt them politically? Guess what it has been tried, only less drastically with the family separations last year. It was such a bad idea that Trump gave up within a few days. And the Democrats are still raising money on the back of it.

Sure it would hurt them politically. All this time they've been telling us they are for border security, just not a wall. Okay, well if they are for border security, then why not make it a five year minimum prison sentence for anybody caught here illegally?

To half-way intelligent people, it's clear the Democrats want these illegals flowing in like water, but the sheep and headline readers really don't understand this. They really believe that the Democrats actually want border security. By refusing the offer, it would reinforce the point they really don't.
Maybe because it's gratuitous, prohibitively expensive, not to mention immoral?

More expensive than 130 billion a year? More expensive than a shutdown? What is immoral about creating laws that help to stop a problem? Isn't that why we have them in the first place?
It's immoral because you just said that crossing a border warrants 5 years in jail. It's immoral because it's separates parents from their children and puts them in government custody. And by the way, immigration is not the first issue that proposes putting people in jail for an inordinate amount of time for often non-violent crimes. The war on drugs has been responsible for an incarceration rate that puts both China and Russia to shame.

Congress critters don't get to vote their asses back into those chairs. We the people do, and the left is losing this one in the eyes of the people.

Not really.

Trump Has Lost Ground In The Shutdown Blame Game

No, he hasn't, the polls are just shit. (across the board, both directions, all shit)

I gave a link.

Yep and I'm a perfect example of why said poll is shit:

Do I "blame" Trump for the shut-down? Yes.
Do I disagree with Trump shutting the government down for the wall? Nope.

Great. I gave you current polling from yesterday.
You gave me nothing.
Your imagination is not evidence of reality.

Are you stupid?

Trump said he was willing to take the blame for shutting down the government. So the answer to their dumb question is yes.

However, the shit poll doesn't look at the /rest/ of the story; Do more people care if Trump shut down the government? Do people agree with him doing it? Etc.

Democrats are for border security. We just don't like spending $20 billion on a wall which will end up as a monument to Trump insanity!

But....Democrats like you are A-OK with spending HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of hard working taxpayers money to support illegals once they illegally cross our borders.

Your perspective is anti-American obviously.

$20 billion ONCE to protect our borders, stop human traffic, drug trade and other criminal activity = BAD !!!!!!!!

$100 billion annually to feed, provide health care and educate ILLEGALS = GOOD

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back