Offended Yet?

We can't say Merry Christmas, it's Happy Holidays. We can't call it a Christmas tree. It's now called a Holiday tree because it might offend someone. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas Merry Christmas Merry Christmas to anyone this offends go back where you came from . dont come to my country expecting me to change to please you cause it ain't gonna happen. Americans should stick up for thier own country so if your an American show it. Repost this all over the web.

Cry me a river ....

... build a bridge ...

.... and get the fuck over it. Nobody is stopping you from doing anything. You aren't being oppressed.

you must spread repuation around... yadda yadda

:doubt:

Here's the problem .. it isn't just your country. It belongs to a lot of different people .. and a lot of those people it belongs to aren't christian .. in fact, America is becoming less christian.

America is multi-cultural .. and guess what? It's getting more multi-cultural and browner everyday.

Here's some reading material that may help you through this transition .. :0)

America Is Becoming Less Christian, Less Religious
America Is Becoming Less Christian, Less Religious - ABC News

The End of Christian America
The percentage of self-identified Christians has fallen 10 points in the past two decades. How that statistic explains who we are now—and what, as a nation, we are about to become.
Meacham: The End of Christian America - Newsweek

This ain't your grandpappy's America .. thank god for that.

Perhaps you christians best get used to sharing this nation.

Time is not on your side.

ahhh... güt.... just wat our Jewish rulers want
one brown race with no religion - easy to keep under control

We have freedom of speech. Merry Christmas.

Right on CG.

My point, froggy, is that you stated that we 'can't' say xxxx. I'm telling you we can say it. If it offends somebody, so what? Let them be offended. I wasn't put on the earth to walk on eggshells. I am not offended by the religious festivals of others, and I doubt that they are offended by ours. The ones who are offended are those who want no religion. Screw them!

"The ones who are offended are those who want no religion. "

though it may be true that SOME people who want "no religion" are offended by "merry christmas" it is ALSO JUST AS TRUE that MANY people who WANT/DEMAND religion are ALSO OFFENDED at those of us who say "happy holidays"

the whole "war on christmas" that has been waged for the past 5-10 years by oreilly (and so many others) is because oreilly (and others) are OFFENDED by people who choose to NOT celebrate the christian version of christmas but, rather, a more secular one.

if you would just say "merry christmas"
and let those of us who do not believe in god say "happy holidays" (without YOU getting OFFENDED) then there would be peace on earth and good will toward men

Last edited:
Why would people who don't believe in God celebrate a christian event anyway isn't that being hypocritical.

we do NOT celebrate the CHRISTIAN part of the holiday.

but we do enjoy celebrating holidays with families...

and..since everyone else is celebrating dec 25 (for whatever reason) it is much easier for ALL of us to celebrate it in our own way...

don't you agree that it is good for people (even non-christians) to enjoy special days with their families?

there is only one part

"there is only one part"

i see that you do NOT know your christmas history.....

i'm not surprised...

you probably don't even know that god condones and endorses slavery...

dec 25 was originally a pagan holiday/celebration that had NOTHING to do with christianity...

the tree, of course, was a pagan symbol...

it was only in the last 150 years of so that christians STOLE the tree from pagans..
(why would you want to STEAL and use a pagan symbol for christianity?)

Christmas History in America

i"n the early 17th century, a wave of religious reform changed the way Christmas was celebrated early american christmas - winter holiday in Europe. When Oliver Cromwell and his Puritan forces took over England in 1645, they vowed to rid England of decadence and, as part of their effort, cancelled Christmas. By popular demand, Charles II was restored to the throne and, with him, came the return of the popular holiday.

The pilgrims, English separatists that came to America in 1620, were even more orthodox in their Puritan beliefs than Cromwell. As a result, Christmas was not a holiday in early America. From 1659 to 1681, the celebration of Christmas was actually outlawed in Boston. Anyone exhibiting the Christmas spirit was fined five shillings.

After the American Revolution, English customs fell out of favor, including Christmas. In fact, Congress was in session on December 25, 1789, the first Christmas under America’s new constitution. Christmas wasn’t declared a federal holiday until June 26, 1870. "

Last edited:
We can't say Merry Christmas, it's Happy Holidays. We can't call it a Christmas tree. It's now called a Holiday tree because it might offend someone. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas Merry Christmas Merry Christmas to anyone this offends go back where you came from . dont come to my country expecting me to change to please you cause it ain't gonna happen. Americans should stick up for thier own country so if your an American show it. Repost this all over the web.

You can't? Who is stopping you?

I prefer Christmahanakwanzika myself.

We can't say Merry Christmas, it's Happy Holidays. We can't call it a Christmas tree. It's now called a Holiday tree because it might offend someone.

I have NEVER heard anyone, not even my Jewish Inlaws refer to it as a "holiday" tree.

Thank you, Merry Christmas to you, too. And Quaza, too if that floats your seasonal boat.

Like anybody gives fuck what holiday you or I are celebrating?

Yeah, that's what I'm, doing.

What are you doing?

Beating up strawman.

Very impressive.

Repost this all over the web.

Not likely.

Being a whining Christian crybaby isn't my style.

Sounds like you're just being a whining crybaby.

I'm sorry, but the OP was a full blown whine fest.

I'm just saying if you don't like what i say don't listen to and quit whining because i said it. If you want to worship the devil you won't hear me cry about it.

who's whining? did you think you'd only hear from the echo chamber? that's goofy.

it seems if we want to talk about who is doing the complaining (and i won't be disrespectful to you and call it whining), then it would be you.

just sayin'

Christmas definition: A Christian feast commemorating the birth of Jesus. the calender is marked DEC.25 as Christmas not holiday.
Actually Christmas is a MASS for Christ.....so, you go to Mass, right?

Not offended at all. I try hard not to give people that kind of power over me.

Im going to say Merry Christmas anyway. And i will address my friends of other faiths with their holiday wishes.

Missed it all together, you must be blind to the truth.

Nobody is restricting your rights......you can say Merry Christmas as often as you wish.

If someone says "Happy Holidays" you are free to pout, mope around and sulk all you want

Why do you want to restrict what others are allowed to call the season?

I don't care. I love the look on store clerk's faces when I respond to "Happy Holidays" with "Merry Christmas"

They look really uncomfortable. Very sad.

Why do you lie about a social greeting reaction?

Nobody is restricting your rights......you can say Merry Christmas as often as you wish.

If someone says "Happy Holidays" you are free to pout, mope around and sulk all you want

Why do you want to restrict what others are allowed to call the season?

I don't care. I love the look on store clerk's faces when I respond to "Happy Holidays" with "Merry Christmas"

With me they usually smile and say "Thank-you"

Yeah...when I see those cross greetings like that, I have never, ever seen someone at a store react adversely.

However, I HAVE seen customers use "Merry Christmas", spitting it out like they were saying "Fuck you" to a staff member saying something other than "Merry Christmas".

Why would people who don't believe in God celebrate a christian event anyway isn't that being hypocritical.

It wasn't a Christian event for 300 years after the death of Jesus.....and in the U.S. it wasn't an allowed christian event til about 200 years ago.

And about 90% of what you do to celebrate it is co-opted Pagan winter traditions.

We don't mind you celebrating all these pagan traditions....but don't invite yourself to OUR party and after a time, start demanding that we behave as you want because it's YOUR party.

Last edited:

With me they usually smile and say "Thank-you"

Yeah...when I see those cross greetings like that, I have never, ever seen someone at a store react adversely.

However, I HAVE seen customers use "Merry Christmas", spitting it out like they were saying "Fuck you" to a staff member saying something other than "Merry Christmas".

There are stores where clerks have ben instructed to only say "Happy Holidays"

How do you say Merryc Christmas like Fuck You?

That's ridiculous, hon. You can say merry christmas to anyone you want.

But when I walk into a store, why should someone assume that I DO celebrate Christmas. It is a holiday season for everyone.

Don't you think it would be rude to exclude me? And if I have a choice of equal stores and one bombards me with christmas and the other is respectful of our diversity, don't you think as a customer, i'd choose the more inclusive business?

And as a business owner, wouldn't you want EVERYONE'S business?

WE HAVE A WINNER.

Post of the Week

THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!

You think people would not be offended because someone else decides that they don't want to say it because of that pesky freedom of speech. They want to be all inclusive. You don't own the holidays, quit acting like it.

Merry Christman
Happy Chanakah
Have a rage free Rahmadan
Super Sam Hain day
Carefree Kwanza

psst. Sam Hain is the Gaelic harvest festival that runs From October through Halloween. I think you mean super Yule (or winter solstice).

Forum List

Back