Offended Yet?

Why would people who don't believe in God celebrate a christian event anyway isn't that being hypocritical.

Maybe it's just me, but getting all offended over some stranger offering a rote pleasantry in an attempt to be polite and courteous and failing to pick exactly the "right" one just isn't in me.

So say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Have a Nice Day, or whatever the hell else you want. What does it really matter?

We can't say Merry Christmas, it's Happy Holidays. We can't call it a Christmas tree. It's now called a Holiday tree because it might offend someone. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas Merry Christmas Merry Christmas to anyone this offends go back where you came from . dont come to my country expecting me to change to please you cause it ain't gonna happen. Americans should stick up for thier own country so if your an American show it. Repost this all over the web.

and how long have you had this trouble with reality?

to say that you can NOT say merry xmas is NOT true at all

rush limbaugh says that when you say things that aren't true....you are LYING....

you CAN say merry xmas and xmas tree...

and I can say HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I AM an American
my family, I have no doubt, has been in this country longer than YOURS

I do NOT believe in god
I do NOT believe that jesus was the son of god

but I DO enjoy the holiday season!

so...happy holidays to EVERYONE!

and anyone who feels they MUST TELL EVERYONE what they MUST SAY can just move to china

Why would people who don't believe in God celebrate a christian event anyway isn't that being hypocritical.

Speaking as one of those people, I have to say no, I don't thing so. I celebrate mostly because of my wife and, a non-religious believer, and my daughter, still undecided. I celebrate because that's how I was raised, out of habit you might say. I celebrate because it's fun. I celebrate Hanukkah with my Jewish friends. Why? Why not? It's fun, they're fun.

I'm one of those non-believers who finds no offense in the beliefs of others, no fault in their beliefs. Just don't try to convert me and we'll get along splendidly.

Besides, it's not about GOD, it's about Jesus...

And there's a good chance he was an actual cat... Son of GOD? Meh, I doubt it...

Last edited:

we do NOT celebrate the CHRISTIAN part of the holiday.

but we do enjoy celebrating holidays with families...

and..since everyone else is celebrating dec 25 (for whatever reason) it is much easier for ALL of us to celebrate it in our own way...

don't you agree that it is good for people (even non-christians) to enjoy special days with their families?

and..since everyone else is celebrating dec 25 (for whatever reason) it is much easier for ALL of us to celebrate it in our own way...

don't you agree that it is good for people (even non-christians) to enjoy special days with their families?

there is only one part

We can't call it a Christmas tree. It's now called a Holiday tree because it might offend someone.

The Christmas tree is a Pagan symbol and has nothing to do with Jesus Christ.

and dec 25 was a pagan holiday until the christians STOLE it from them

in fact, the pilgrims in Americas did NOT celebrate xmas at all

they actually OPPOSED it...

the real question is....why do christians celebrate xmas on dec 25?

there is only one part

From your point of view there's only one part, froggy. But that's the whole point. Not everybody shares your point of view. Why do you need them to validate your point of view else ye be offended? Particularly when you refuse to even acknowledge theirs.

Bad form, my friend. Why not just let it go and smile?

there is only one part

From your point of view there's only one part, froggy. But that's the whole point. Not everybody shares your point of view. Why do you need them to validate your point of view else ye be offended? Particularly when you refuse to even acknowledge theirs.

But that's what started it anyway people sitting back and being quite, mark my word in the years to come the word Christmas will be taken off the calender and replaced with the word Holiday.

C'mon .. what is so sacrosanct about christmas?

It's sort of a goofy holiday ... like halloween.

Steeped in false tradition .. like Thanksgiving.

Santa?

Flying deers?

C'mon

People can celebrate that goofiness or not however they choose.

C'mon .. what is so sacrosanct about christmas?

It's sort of a goofy holiday ... like halloween.

Steeped in false tradition .. like Thanksgiving.

Santa?

Flying deers?

C'mon

People can celebrate that goofiness or not however they choose.

Woe is ye.

We can't call it a Christmas tree. It's now called a Holiday tree because it might offend someone.

The Christmas tree is a Pagan symbol and has nothing to do with Jesus Christ.

and dec 25 was a pagan holiday until the christians STOLE it from them

in fact, the pilgrims in Americas did NOT celebrate xmas at all

they actually OPPOSED it...

the real question is....why do christians celebrate xmas on dec 25?

Because Mithra, the religion christians copied, celebrated the solstice on that day.

Christians decided to celebrate Jesus birth on that day .. just as the Council of Nicea took a vote and decided to proclaim Jesus the son of a god.

there is only one part

But that's what started it anyway people sitting back and being quite, mark my word in the years to come the word Christmas will be taken off the calender and replaced with the word Holiday.

No, what started it was the mouthy extremes getting all fired up and harassing store clerks and others who were just trying to be polite. You know I love ya froggy but that's exactly what you're doing here. Fueling the fire and making a mountain out of a molehill.

Most people simply don't make an issue of it....because it isn't one. A store clerk saying "Happy Holidays" to me isn't going to change my beliefs or the way I celebrate Christmas. I don't need that validation, and I'm certainly not going to jump down their throat over it when they're just trying to be, I dunno, how about "Nice". And somebody who doesn't celebrate Christmas isn't being forced into anything when some stranger says "Merry Christmas", and the vast majority will simply smile and nod and go home to do their thing too.

So why do you and people who feel the way you do need others to continually validate your specific beliefs, even strangers who don't have a clue what those beliefs are?

Our only problem seems to be with the muzzy's and I could give a flying f**k what they want. It's time to tell them if they don't like our society don't come here.

Forum List

Back