Of COurse Obama is Not Responsible for the Economy Improving

...but he is responsible for a 15 trillion dollar deficit.

Not even close and everyone knows it.

Why do people say this when they know its not true.

The Current ReaganBush Debt is:
$14,203,730,505,342.80
which means that in a total of 20 years,
these three presidents have led to the creation of
93.82%
of the entire national debt
in only 8.4746% of the 236 years of the existence of the United States of America.
ReaganBushDebt.org

It is true. Just because he didnt spend the money doesnt mean he isnt in control of it right now. All your doing is trying to shift responsibility to someone else. Obama is derelict in his duty.

NO MORE COMPROMISE.

President Obama didn't put us in debt but its his fault that Ray-Gun and Bushes put us in debt?

As ridiculous as your position is, it could get worse.

When lil bush was prez, the debt wasn't his fault.
While Pres Obama is in office, Bush's and Reagan's spending is Obama's fault.
If a Repub is elected (shudder), their speding will be Obama's fault.

The GObP/Repub/teabags are never responsible for anything they say or do.

And, when they do nothing at all, as in sleeping through the hunt for bin Laden, they LIE and try to take CREDIT for it.

Eric Cantor's utterly disastrous "plan" will require a $7TRILLION increase in the debt ceiling and result in no jobs, no economic growth. How are you going to blame that on President Obama?

I don't blame Obama for the crash.

I blame him for dousing out the fuse on the stimulus. The things he did early in his term might have actually helped the economy improve in a robust manner if he had paid attention to making sure they were working as planned instead of weighing us down with ACA.

Hell.. I, along with a lot of other conservatives, hated Bush's economic policy and plans... complained about it a lot... wanted it to stop... and we know the harm he did to government and the country with it...

BUT... Obama has added somewhere close to 50% additional debt ALL BY HIMSELF in less than 1 term.... his policies have hurt the economy even more, and he has hindered our economic system from fixing itself better and quicker...

But you will continue to have these winger idiots like neddite with their winger propaganda that they will spew (no matter how much it is debunked) over and over again in some feeble attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of others

And guess what? He was responsible for it tanking either.

LibDems: Obama inherited a bad economy and the reason it didn't get better for three years was all Bush's and the GOP's fault. His bailouts were better, his stimulus was the only good one and he had no control over the economy - except now that it's better.

ConservaRepubLitarians: Awww things weren't that bad when Obama took over. And all our problems are Obama's & the Dems fault! Oh, and now that things look better, Obama who had magical control over the economy when it was bad, has nothing to do with it, now that it's getting better.

LibDems: Unions driving the price of labor up every year during the good years, had nothing to do with shipping jobs overseas. Unions are always good a pure 100% of the time. Just ask the Teamsters.

ConservaRepubLitarians: Obama is so all-powerful that companies won't hire even if there is an increase in demand or services because they are so afraid of the man who never actually raised taxes. It's all about taxes! That's why they ship jobs to India (where they pay higher taxes on average than in the USA).

Seriously, do you guys listen to yourselves?

The idiot is back!

I don't recall anyone blaming him for the crash. Only holding him to HIS PROMISE to fix it and NOT make it worse.

Really? So you personally and no Conservs have ever claimed that the reason companies weren't hiring, was because they were afraid of the unfriendly tax environment he supposedly created? Never?

Hmmmm.

Do you understand the difference between saying Obama's policies are preventing a recovery and saying that he caused the problem in the first place?

Really? So you personally and no Conservs have ever claimed that the reason companies weren't hiring, was because they were afraid of the unfriendly tax environment he supposedly created? Never?

Hmmmm.
that's not 'blaming him for the crash'... that's 'blaming him for making it worse'.

Difference.

It's also a moronic argument, noting taxes are at their lowest point in 50 years.

And scheduled to go up across the board in less than a year.

LibDems: Obama inherited a bad economy and the reason it didn't get better for three years was all Bush's and the GOP's fault. His bailouts were better, his stimulus was the only good one and he had no control over the economy - except now that it's better.

ConservaRepubLitarians: Awww things weren't that bad when Obama took over. And all our problems are Obama's & the Dems fault! Oh, and now that things look better, Obama who had magical control over the economy when it was bad, has nothing to do with it, now that it's getting better.

LibDems: Unions driving the price of labor up every year during the good years, had nothing to do with shipping jobs overseas. Unions are always good a pure 100% of the time. Just ask the Teamsters.

ConservaRepubLitarians: Obama is so all-powerful that companies won't hire even if there is an increase in demand or services because they are so afraid of the man who never actually raised taxes. It's all about taxes! That's why they ship jobs to India (where they pay higher taxes on average than in the USA).

His Policies have both helped and Hurt. He has made some good decisions and some bad ones. However the Vast Majority of things he has done that have helped, are short term, and not very Cost Effective.

Where he has really gone wrong is on he Debt. His Short Term fixes have ballooned an already massive Debt, and his new Discretionary spending levels promise to add nearly a Trillion dollars a year in New debt for 10 years, and that's with out Iraq anymore.

That's where he has done massive Damage to our Future Economic Prospects.

I would say about your assessments of how each group thinks. That it's not just Obama Remember the Democrats controlled Both Houses of Congress since 2007, and only just lost the House. Companies are not hiring Because of the over all Situation, not just Obama. America simply is not a good place to do business anymore. Not anyways if that Business requires a lot of Labor.

Last edited:

Considering the multple sessions of brain dead Congress he has had to work with, I would say he has held his own.

Yes and no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pubs caused the Depression, Obama turned it around by 10/2009, with the stimulus. Pubs have obstructed and ruined the recovery since 2/2010.But the economy is improving slowly and if the Pubs stfu we'll be all right....

Last edited:
that's not 'blaming him for the crash'... that's 'blaming him for making it worse'.

Difference.

It's also a moronic argument, noting taxes are at their lowest point in 50 years.

The Whole argument about how High taxes were back then is flawed. It ignores that the whole tax structure in America has changed since then. When Federal Taxes were at those Levels, State and Local Taxes were much lower. And Further back there were no Medicare Taxes, and further back no SS taxes.

You have to look at the total % of their Income people pay in Taxes, and Fees, to Federal, State and Local Governments now as compared to then to get an accurate picture. You will find that No Tax Bracket is actually paying a significantly lower % now than then. They may only may 35% to Federal, but they pay much more in State and Local, and More of their Income is Taxable too, by the time its all said and done they have paid a good 60% in taxes and fees.

Last edited:

Considering the multple sessions of brain dead Congress he has had to work with, I would say he has held his own.

Utter bullshit. He got everything he wanted for the first two years. And during that time UE continued to rise.

He fucked up pure and simple.

Utter bullshit. He got everything he wanted for the first two years. And during that time UE continued to rise.

Baloney. The Congress was silly with power the 1st 2 years and oblivious to the President's agenda. Sort of like the last year or so.

So if the economy stayed in Bush's numbers, Obama would not be held responsible for it?

Come on children. Obama is kicking ass and no matter what, the right will never say "good job sir."

I remember when Bin Laden was killed. Even then, they could not say it. So that proved to me how impossible it is for them to admit when he does well.

Pathetic really.

He got everything he wanted? Are you fucking kidding me?

Please get serious here for a second. Do you understand what "a record number of filibusters" mean and the ramifications of this?

He got everything he wanted? Are you fucking kidding me?

Please get serious here for a second. Do you understand what "a record number of filibusters" mean and the ramifications of this?

yep, the one piece of legislation that a majority of the country and some democrats didn't want, healthcare, got blocked.

He spent ALL HIS TIME AND OUR MONEY passing bullshit legislation and forgot about the economy.

You're unbelievably BRAINWASHED. The UE peaked 10/2009, then went down PERIOD. Pubs blocked everything but the stimulus, Dems only were filibuster-proof from 7/7/2009 until 2/4/2010. You're unbelievable, along with about 50% of the country and the media.:cuckoo:

Meanwhile, back on Earth.

Now, now, don't give Waterthetree a hard time. If things get better for America, that hurts his political position & rightness of opinions. Hell, if America prospers, the GOP may not win an election!
One must keep one's priorities in place. Just watch the GOP during the next week...

Meantime, back on Earth - our firm is bursting at the seams. We have contracts coming out of our ears! :)
Unemployment is continually going down. GDP is up. Car sales are up TEN PERCENT for 2011. Great news for America.

Buy non-perishable food. Buy potable water tablets. Stock up on antibiodics (my vet hooked me up, but you can buy in large quantity in mexico). Get prepared. Only strong leadership with a firm understanding of the economy is going to save the dollar.

LOL! And don't forget the tinfoil hats! That way they can't read your thoughts. I don't need to go to Mexico to buy anti-biotics, we own a place there. Don't have a bomb shelter either. Oh no! But we do have friends all over the world so if we ever get bored of the US, I suppose we have options - assuming the FEMA COffin Rangers don't come get us in the night!

I don't recall anyone blaming him for the crash. Only holding him to HIS PROMISE to fix it and NOT make it worse.

Hmmmm.

Do you understand the difference between saying Obama's policies are preventing a recovery and saying that he caused the problem in the first place?

Ah. The guy who has little substance and lots of petty insults. Yes I'm back. Some of us have to work, employ people, you know stuff like that.

So okay. Which of Obama's policies have "prevented a recovery" and how specifically have they done this?

(Quantum will quickly dodge, change the subject, sling petty insults but when faced with facts or direct wuestions, don't expect substance folks...)

Last edited:

The Whole argument about how High taxes were back then is flawed. It ignores that the whole tax structure in America has changed since then. When Federal Taxes were at those Levels, State and Local Taxes were much lower. And Further back there were no Medicare Taxes, and further back no SS taxes.

You have to look at the total % of their Income people pay in Taxes, and Fees, to Federal, State and Local Governments now as compared to then to get an accurate picture. You will find that No Tax Bracket is actually paying a significantly lower % now than then. They may only may 35% to Federal, but they pay much more in State and Local, and More of their Income is Taxable too, by the time its all said and done they have paid a good 60% in taxes and fees.

I understand that, but, thanks to Obama, even SS is going to go up in 2013.

Forum List

Back