ODC protesters hit by car that sped up to hit them

The cops who were there say otherwise.

By Saturday, police and protesters were still giving divergent accounts of what occurred when more than 500 people gathered to protest a dinner held by Americans for Prosperity, a conservative free-market group affiliated with the tea party movement. Video clips showed tense shouting and shoving at the doors, which left two older women dazed on the ground.

Protesters chanted, beat drums and massed near Seventh and K streets NW, attempting to shut down the intersection and block moving cars, police said. They said that around 10 p.m., one driver tried to navigate a gap in the crowd, but three pedestrians moved in front of the vehicle and were hit.

“They jumped in front of the car,” said Officer Araz Alali, a spokesman for the department.

Members of the Occupy D.C. media team disputed that the protesters jumped in front of the car and claimed that the driver deliberately sped up before hitting the protesters. They said tensions escalated when police let the driver of the car — who was not cited — proceed.

Steve Hartwell, 23, said he watched as police cleared the way for the driver to depart and became angry. He stood at the bumper of the car and made an obscene finger gesture at the driver. He was then detained by police.

“I felt hands on my back, and they had me on the ground really quickly,” Hartwell said. “They were letting the guy go . . . I was really [ticked] off, and I went for it and let them know.” Hartwell, a former Henrico County, Va., resident, quit his construction job to move to the District to join the Occupy movement.

They were being jerkasses and tried to provoke an incident. If the elderly ladies who had been driving actually had sped up, the cops would have arrested them for attempted murder.

This is going to be the excuse when they decide to jump some elderly person and beat the crap out of them. they are looking for an excuse to become ever more vile and violent.

I wouldn't have blamed them if they had run them over!
Why are these protestors terrorizing the common people who have NOTHING to do with these protests? Those people really worry me :(

Terrible. Terrible.

Well, reading your own link it seems there's a different story about what happened. It helps to read your links before you use them.

“They jumped in front of the car,” said Officer Araz Alali, a spokesman for the department.

Members of the Occupy D.C. media team disputed that the protesters jumped in front of the car and claimed that the driver deliberately sped up before hitting the protesters. They said tensions escalated when police let the driver of the car — who was not cited — proceed.

Steve Hartwell, 23, said he watched as police cleared the way for the driver to depart and became angry. He stood at the bumper of the car and made an obscene finger gesture at the driver. He was then detained by police.

“I felt hands on my back, and they had me on the ground really quickly,” Hartwell said. “They were letting the guy go . . . I was really [ticked] off, and I went for it and let them know.” Hartwell, a former Henrico County, Va., resident, quit his construction job to move to the District to join the Occupy movement.

Police said that the pedestrians who were hit were cited for walking against a do-not-walk sign and that later three were arrested for failure to obey an officer.

If you want to make your point by breaking the law and being jerks expect more of this to happen.

Last edited:

Police said that the pedestrians who were hit were cited for walking against a do-not-walk sign and that later three were arrested for failure to obey an officer.

Police said the three who were struck were not seriously injured. Hartwell was among the three arrested and paid a $100 fine

For being hit by a speeding car, there weren't any serious injuries.

Hey, here's an idea: Don't stand in the fucking street.

I'm beginning to see a pattern of increasing stupidity among the Fleabaggers, Apparently their desperate whining for attention isn't succeeding.

A protestor who was interviewed said he quit his job to attend the ODC movement. Brilliant move. Unless of course, he was being paid by Acorn groups to be a nuisance the rally. Maybe they paid more than the construction job.

True story: When I was driving through Glastonbury, just after the famous music festival, on a glorious Monday morning, with the top down.... some dude jumped out in front of my car too. I too sped up. He moved - fast. LMAO. I then spotted two police officers parked at the side of the road, both leaning on their car watching. I slowed down, they applauded, I laughed, they laughed and I drove on.

Lesson: do not jump out in front of me. If you die, I will not care. LMAO

YAY for running people over! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

No, apparently they were NOT "run over," otherwise they would have sustained SERIOUS INJURIES.

Try to keep up.

Although, in the future, I would suggest Fleabaggers place their heads directly under the wheels of oncoming traffic.

Hartwell, a former Henrico County, Va., resident, quit his construction job to move to the District to join the Occupy movement.

Jesus H. Christ! So people are now quitting their jobs to join this bowel movement!

Forum List

Back