Obama's reasoning........

I was more-so touching on everyone's opinions over the effort aside from the Constitution. (alot of criticism on his timing / criticism if we even *should* be involved, etc). <--those things, IMO, are opined about without a full story and to me, it's futile. Same as I've come to know that it was under Bush. Same as it will be for the next guy.

Hopefully the checks and balances work in these cases, where those with Security Clearances of a high magnitude act as overseers of their peers. One can hope.

So, are you opining that Libya MIGHT have been a serious threat to the United States?
I don't think he was. I think he was saying we don't know what Obama knows, and likely never will.

And he's right.

And I agree. However, as a thinking person, I need to understand things. Libya posed no clear and present danger to the CONUS as they have no long range missile systems. With that being said, what makes Obama think this is a fight that we need to be in?

So, are you opining that Libya MIGHT have been a serious threat to the United States?
I don't think he was. I think he was saying we don't know what Obama knows, and likely never will.

And he's right.

And I agree. However, as a thinking person, I need to understand things. Libya posed no clear and present danger to the CONUS as they have no long range missile systems. With that being said, what makes Obama think this is a fight that we need to be in?

Take out a Map.

Mark down all Foreign US Military Bases.

Add one in Libya.

Notice how they all circle China?

Just a theory, but all we can have is theories. No sense in criticism founded on guess-work.

And he's right.

Take out a Map.

Add one in Libya.

Just a theory, but all we can have is theories. No sense in criticism founded on guess-work.

Wow....alrighty then. Because God knows our defense budget isn't bloated enough as it is. We NEED one more military base on foreign soil to support....

And he's right.

Take out a Map.

Add one in Libya.

Are you referring to China interests in the area?

Take out a Map.

Add one in Libya.

Wow....alrighty then. Because God knows our defense budget isn't bloated enough as it is. We NEED one more military base on foreign soil to support....

Then again, you don't know the extent of the damage if we didn't have these bases, weren't a classified "Superpower," and were at a losing advantage to most World positions/Wars/other bases/etc.

You JUST DON'T KNOW.

A side note, though. Touching again on the Defense Budget.

If the Billions we budget for defense (ALREADY) don't account for, you know, fighting WARS (they obviously don't since the Wars are adding to the Deficit thus weren't budgeted for)......................................then where does all of the Defense money GO, exactly, if not to prop the Military up for war? I wondered that last night before banging my wife.

Take out a Map.

Add one in Libya.

Are you referring to China interests in the area?

I'm not pretending at all to be a Military guru.

Take out a Map.

Add one in Libya.

Then again, you don't know the extent of the damage if we didn't have these bases, weren't a classified "Superpower," and were at a losing advantage to most World positions/Wars/other bases/etc.

You JUST DON'T KNOW.

If the Billions we budget for defense (ALREADY) don't account for, you know, fighting WARS (they obviously don't since the Wars are adding to the Deficit thus weren't budgeted for)......................................then where does all of the Defense money GO, exactly, if not to prop the Military up for war? I wondered that last night before banging my wife.

It is wasted on military contractors. Fraud, waste and abuse mostly. Since I already knew this, I got to bang your wife first....:lol:

"This is not an outcome the U.S. or any of our partners sought," Obama said from Brazil, where he is starting a five-day visit to Latin America. "We cannot stand idly by when a tyrant tells his people there will be no mercy...
...as long as it's not Iran."

I have no issue with hitting Libya - the world is better off w/o Klodhoppy.

However, the predictable selectiveness and the double-standards coming from the WH (and the bigoted, partisan supporters of The Obama) is astounding.

You JUST DON'T KNOW.

It is wasted on military contractors. Fraud, waste and abuse mostly. Since I already knew this, I got to bang your wife first....:lol:

giggle snort /no.

:cool:

You JUST DON'T KNOW.

It just doesn't make sense to me that we DO HAVE a Military Budget, but it doesn't include the cost of, you know, fighting actual wars. Odd

Can someone tell me where the Constitution allows such an offensive first strike?
The Constitution gives the CinC the power to command the military.
This power is not necessarily tied to a declaration of war by Congress, nor is it constitutionally limited to retalliation for acts committed against the US by another state.

You JUST DON'T KNOW.

It just doesn't make sense to me that we DO HAVE a Military Budget, but it doesn't include the cost of, you know, fighting actual wars. Odd

It makes sense to me. First of all, who WANTS to budget for a war breaking out. And for all of the years that a war did NOT break out, where would that tax revenue go? You don't really think our government would give OUR money back to us, do you?

So where are those BOOOOOOOOOOOSH haters today? I haven't seen a single denouncement of this action by anyone who claims to support Obama?
I am not an Obama fan. But Bush committed us to a full-scale invasion of Iraq by methodically fabricating artificial threats about so-called "weapons of mass destruction" which he had good cause to know did not exist. So how does what Obama is doing in Libya, the singular purpose of which is to prevent the retaliatory massacre of thousands (millions?) of Libyan dissidents, compare in any way with Bush's criminal military aggression in Iraq?

Have you been so effectively brainwashed by the Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity propaganda machine that you're actually blinded to such obvious truth? Or are you so cynical a right-wing chauvinist that you're willing to propagate such an obvious lie?

You JUST DON'T KNOW.

Perhaps our lovely leaders will create another beautiful dept from generations past: The War Dept, and that can be funded for our numerous ongoing wars.

Damn, this country is in deep shit.

And he's right.

Because U.S. policy became one of replacing him. While Obama dithered, Ghaddafi re-exerted control and looked liek he was going to win. That would have been unacceptable, after the U.S. told him he had to leave. So now he is in the position of supporting military action against Ghaddafi.
Are you ready to admit that Obama has screwed up big time here? That had he acted differently, as many said he should have at the time, he could have avoided all this?

So where are those BOOOOOOOOOOOSH haters today? I haven't seen a single denouncement of this action by anyone who claims to support Obama?
I am not an Obama fan. But Bush committed us to a full-scale invasion of Iraq by methodically fabricating artificial threats about so-called "weapons of mass destruction" which he had good cause to know did not exist. So how does what Obama is doing in Libya, the singular purpose of which is to prevent the retaliatory massacre of thousands (millions?) of Libyan dissidents, compare in any way with Bush's criminal military aggression in Iraq?

Have you been so effectively brainwashed by the Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity propaganda machine that you're actually blinded to such obvious truth? Or are you so cynical a right-wing chauvinist that you're willing to propagate such an obvious lie?

Are you a fucking MORAN? I despise Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Palin et al. Obama has started us down a very slippery slope. First it's missile strikes, then if the regime is toppled, someone (US, usually) has to go in a restabilize what we destabilized. Wake up!!

And he's right.

Because U.S. policy became one of replacing him. While Obama dithered, Ghaddafi re-exerted control and looked liek he was going to win. That would have been unacceptable, after the U.S. told him he had to leave. So now he is in the position of supporting military action against Ghaddafi.
Are you ready to admit that Obama has screwed up big time here? That had he acted differently, as many said he should have at the time, he could have avoided all this?

Anybody who doesn't that what Obama has done here as a mistake, it either too partisan or too stupid to be reasoned with.

It makes sense to me. First of all, who WANTS to budget for a war breaking out. And for all of the years that a war did NOT break out, where would that tax revenue go? You don't really think our government would give OUR money back to us, do you?

By the same token, we've fought quite a few wars now as a Nation, and it seems a bit silly to increase Deficits each time we do so as opposed to properly planning ahead in some sort of interest building account in anticipation of a revenue surplus thus tax breaks.

And now for today's episode of "As The Worms Turn":

Nothing is quite as amusing as seeing the Left become completely unhinged over the Real Obama.

Barack Obama do you believe in anything or you just want to be in power at the expense of everybody? Shame on you, I cannot believe these words will ever come from my mouth. But you should be shame of yourself.

Barack Obama has finally betrayed the last people that believed in him. . . . Africans…

…
And all those Kossacks who are cheering you are nothing but Hypocrites because invasion is an Invasion being it Iraq or Afghanistan. When has the US ever followed the French?

My God you are the President of the United States. Why do you let your own employees push you around? Libya is in a state of Civil war. It is unlike the even in Egypt or Tunisia.

I was one those who headed your campaign here in Harris County, Texas. I supported you when you betrayed me on Health Care Public Option, Guantanamo Bay, Tax Cut for the Rich, as pragmatic but this, you have zero justification.

The PJ Tatler » Left wheel of Obama bandwagon falls off

And nothing is more vengeful than a True Believer Scorned. 2012 is going to be Very Interesting.

Forum List

Back