Obama's coalition is starting to crumble.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yota5, Mar 21, 2011.

1. yota5

yota5 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +85
    "BRUSSELS (AP) - Sharp divisions prevented NATO from adopting a plan Monday for military airstrikes against Libya, as Turkish opposition blocked the alliance from approving a strategy. And European unity was further called into question at the European Union Monday, as Germany questioned the wisdom of the operation altogether.

The UN-backed airstrikes mounted so far against Moammar Gadhafi's force by Britain, France and the United States outside of their NATO roles also drew scathing criticism from Russia, a nation with which the alliance would like close strategic cooperation.

"The Security Council resolution is flawed, it allows everything and is reminiscent of a medieval call for a crusade," said Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. "In fact, it allows intervention in a sovereign state."

A day after Turkey declined to support a military plan for the alliance to enforce a Libya no-fly zone, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said support was possible but only if NATO's operation does not turn into an occupation.

Support from the Arab League was critical to obtaining U.N. approval for international action to protect Libyan civilians. But after the international operation began, the league chief Amr Moussa was quoted as telling reporters in Cairo that it should not have included attacks on Libyan targets on the ground."

My Way News - Divisions strain NATO push for Libyan airstrikes

Well the muslim, and European communities sucked us in again haven't they. I think that the important thing to remember with muslims peace isn't the end game. Peace is only a break between wars. Let them kill each other, and only respond when their actions threaten America.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,963
    I don't understand. The state run pro (democrat) war media is reporting that on day three the no fly zone has been a success. They wouldn't lie to us would they?

3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    It's not Obama's coalition. Seriously, must people be so fucking stupid?

4. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Not stupid. Partisan. The difference is partisans KNOW exactly what they are spinning and why.

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Ummmm, no. It is a success. Hardly a big deal... it's not like Libya had much to throw at the coalition.

6. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,353
    France....taking the lead.....laughing convulsively.

7. yota5

yota5 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Even Obama, said that he put this coalition together at the urgings of Sec. State Clinton. If this is not his coalition then who's is it? Currently the US has command and control in this operation. That means that Obama, is CinC. According to Sec. Def Gates, the US wants to pass this authority on in the next few days. So far there have been no takers. How about it California Girl, do you have evidence to the contrary? By the way do you really have to swear to make your point?

Remember liberals always blame conservatives for their own indiscretions.

8. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    We had the Tomohawks and the refueling tankers. We had to be in charge at the outset. This action was asked for by the Arab league. The whining about ground strikes is ridiculous. Where do they think the anti aircraft missiles are kept?..in the clouds? I'm beginning to think you are an idiot.

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    he can't help being what he is.

that's what braindead hacks do.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    I'd hardly say the Coalition is startng to crumble. The coalition isn't nato itself. It's roughly the UK, France, and Germany I think (Cant remember if the Germans are involved).

I still have mixed feelings about this conflict. But I support the troops. I think this will be the first stage of a change of international relations for decades to come. I'm just not sure if it's going to be good for us or not.