Obama's Involvement In Bin Laden Takedown Was Simply A Nod

Yes, his National Security Adviser said it:

Search for the 'smoking gun' - CNN

The point was that the march to war was sexed up by such statements. Which was what I've said all along.

As for going to war in 2003 over the use of WMDs in the 1980's...are you really as insane as you sound?

Insane??? LMAO!!!!

At least I don't base an entire presidency off of getting OBL.

Thats true; Bush didn't get Bin Laden--the man responsible for 3,000 deaths of Americans. Obama did.

Then again, you said we shouldn't have done it which is frankly a surprising stance for a supposed ex-military man. You do remember Osama did order the attack on the Pentagon; right?

I still wonder what in the fuck is wrong with you. No smack there...seriously; what in the fuck is wrong with you?

So Obama and the Democrats want to take a bow and complete recognition for their supposed efforts for going in and killing Bin Laden (it happened under HIS watch), but domestic issues like the economy they want to blame someone else for how THAT one turned out. Is that the big Obama strategy pill they want to have American voters try and swallow?

Last edited:
Insane??? LMAO!!!!

At least I don't base an entire presidency off of getting OBL.

Thats true; Bush didn't get Bin Laden--the man responsible for 3,000 deaths of Americans. Obama did.

Then again, you said we shouldn't have done it which is frankly a surprising stance for a supposed ex-military man. You do remember Osama did order the attack on the Pentagon; right?

I still wonder what in the fuck is wrong with you. No smack there...seriously; what in the fuck is wrong with you?

So Obama and the Democrats want to take a bow and complete recognition for their supposed efforts for going in and killing Bin Laden (it happened under HIS watch), but domestic issues like the economy they want to blame someone else for how THAT one turned out. Is that the big Obama strategy pill they want to have American voters try and swallow?

I don't think they are exactly asking for "complete" recognition but the usual credit that goes along with being at the helm when things happen. Bush Sr. was hobbled and aided by what Reagan did as Clinton was hobbled and aided by what Bush Sr. did, etc...

You'd have to ask Obama and his team about his strategy.

Just like I thought, you're a nobody. You must be in charge of counting and moving pills. :lol:

Oh, we don't oppose killing terrorists but capturing a few for intel purposes goes a long way....otherwise UBL would still be alive.

It was other terrorists at GITMO that eventually gave up UBL's trail.:eusa_whistle:

Old enough--30's.
I'm the logistics/traffic manager for a major medical system.
Do you think it is a mistake to kill terrorist leaders? I don't. Mudwhistle does. To me, that isn't smart--letting the leaders of terrorist organizations live.
And the custom is that whomever is in charge when things happen gets the credit or the blame. Using this bizarre standard, no President/officer should ever get credit for what their military asset does. I disagree.

He gave the order and, like Carter, stood to get the blame if it was a disaster or if the SEALs were taken hostage. So he gets the credit. It's always been that way.

Part of it is ordering pills, no doubt. I wouldn't call me a "nobody" though. I'm the Section Chief for logistics in my organization during an ICS deployment. Not a "nobody" task but; there you go.

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind my asking?

Mudwhistle opposed it. If you have a problem, address it to him.

The tale you tell about the take-down is different than other stories I have heard about how we found him. True; I have heard various other stories about it. However, I doubt that persons detained for 8 years knew anymore about bin laden's precise location than George Bush did--you're making that part up.

KSM was asked where he was. He didn't know......but he knew who was OBL's courier. The guy that was the go-between for OBL.

When they asked him about him he clammed up and told everyone else at GITMO to STFU.

That's when they knew they were on the right track. Word of a guy called "Al Kuwaiti" was being passed around and eventually they found out who he was. Then they followed him to Bin Laden. It took two years to spy on the guy and eventually it led to that compound.

Discovery channel said this was the case......they left out how they found out who he was of course.

Just like I thought, you're a nobody. You must be in charge of counting and moving pills. :lol:

Oh, we don't oppose killing terrorists but capturing a few for intel purposes goes a long way....otherwise UBL would still be alive.

It was other terrorists at GITMO that eventually gave up UBL's trail.:eusa_whistle:

Part of it is ordering pills, no doubt. I wouldn't call me a "nobody" though. I'm the Section Chief for logistics in my organization during an ICS deployment. Not a "nobody" task but; there you go.

The tale you tell about the take-down is different than other stories I have heard about how we found him. True; I have heard various other stories about it. However, I doubt that persons detained for 8 years knew anymore about bin laden's precise location than George Bush did--you're making that part up.

KSM was asked where he was. He didn't know......but he knew who was OBL's courier. The guy that was the go-between for OBL.

When they asked him about him he clammed up and told everyone else at GITMO to STFU.

That's when they knew they were on the right track. Word of a guy called "Al Kuwaiti" was being passed around and eventually they found out who he was. Then they followed him to Bin Laden. It took two years to spy on the guy and eventually it led to that compound.

Discovery channel said this was the case......they left out how they found out who he was of course.

Gee, hardly the scenario the other doofus laid out; is it?

How old you are? What is your job (if you even have one)?

You think you're smart, you're not. :eusa_whistle:

Old enough--30's.
I'm the logistics/traffic manager for a major medical system.
Do you think it is a mistake to kill terrorist leaders? I don't. Mudwhistle does. To me, that isn't smart--letting the leaders of terrorist organizations live.
And the custom is that whomever is in charge when things happen gets the credit or the blame. Using this bizarre standard, no President/officer should ever get credit for what their military asset does. I disagree.

He gave the order and, like Carter, stood to get the blame if it was a disaster or if the SEALs were taken hostage. So he gets the credit. It's always been that way.

Once again you're telling stories.

Killing terrorists is a necessary evil.

Capturing them is even better, because it causes them to have to change their plans. A live terrorist in custody is more of a threat to Al Qaeda than a dead one.

I don't think that killing them is bad at all though.

All of your bitching and whining is based on making shit up about what I believe in.

It's pretty obvious to everyone.....and they think like I do.....that you're a baby.

Last edited:

Okay Mr. Pissy pants.

Bush wanted OBL to run around alive unmolested.

Happy now?????

Okay Mr. Pissy pants.

Happy now?????

She's a DRONE. There is no convincing a programmed DRONE.

Okay Mr. Pissy pants.

Happy now?????

C'mon loser...never said that. He got us involved in Iraq and it detracted but I don't think he wanted OBL walking around unmolested. I think he makes the same call Obama made if he has the chance. I think any president--including Romney makes that call. None of them have any real skin in the game after all which I think is another problem all together.

The difference is you. You would have gladly given Bush the credit that you will not give Obama; even suggesting that the entire thing was made up at some point moving you into the realm of conspiracy theorist on a level with the 9/11 crowd.

The Stimulus established a new baseline for state governments which they cannot meet anymore unless they raise taxes. They got fat off of Stimulus yet they found out it would cost them a dollar for every dime he gave them.

Some of that Stimulus money was wasted on green energy projects. A lot of of it turned into a slush-fund for liberal causes.

The Stimulus money ran out and Obama has been asking for more money and he got it. $3 trillion more.

Obama is taking credit for job growth in the private-sector, but he has nothing to do with those increases. He has cut jobs in the public-sector while paying for union pensions and benefits. Pretty soon he's gonna start bouncing soldiers out of the military, but not till after the election.

So in one breath "Bush had help" killing the economy from Congress--congress is to blame.
In the next breath the "stable" economy is the instrument of the Congress and the President doesn't get any credit.

Nobody ever accused you of being consistent.

Bush has some of the blame simply because he couldn't figure out a way to get a bunch of communists in Congress from screwing up the economy.

He instead decided to focus on the war and let everything else slide. I have to blame him for that.

The Democrats had no intention of working with him. So what we have is a situation where what the Democrats did to Bush is what Obama is claiming the GOP is doing today.

It is patently false.

So, it's cooperation when the GOP comes out in force shortly after Obama is elected and publicly state that their whole intention is to make Obama a one term president?

Everything that Obama has been proposing as of late is stuff that the GOP itself supported as recently as 2 years ago, with some going back as far as 1999.

So, no.................the GOP has done everything they can to block Obama at every step, and sometimes, it has shown them for what they truly are.

It's fun to watch them show their asses on national television.

MSNBC says Obama ended two wars. Ended, not won.

They claim that Afghanistan is over.

All they're talking about is how important taking out OBL was. More important than winning wars and more important than being competent at diplomacy.

Obama can teach us something.

He can teach us how to say "Taleeban" and "Pakeestaan".

He can also teach how to lose wars and make it look acceptable.

You're such a lying little mudwhistle.

Your OP was totally discredited, and you don't have the cojones to even acknowledge that.

Now you come here with some BS as to what was actually stated by MSNBC.

I DEFY YOU TO PROVIDE DIRECT QUOTES FROM MSNBC THAT STATE EXACTLY WHAT YOU CLAIM HERE. If you can't, that makes YOU a liar!

We'll wait.

If Obama keeps it up the SEALs will organize against him.

22 of them were killed shortly after the raid......and they feel that Obama was the cause.

The frustration—or, even anger—within the SEAL community is real, and has been brewing for months, particularly among a politically conservative core of operators. It started immediately after the raid, with questions among the Special Forces and intelligence community of whether the president should have waited to announce the kill to exploit the intelligence cache at Osama’s compound. It simmered after a Chinook helicopter was shot down, killing 30 Americans, 22 of them Navy SEALs from Team Six.

Was it a coincidence, SEALs asked themselves, catastrophe hit Team Six so soon after being named as the team responsible for the killing?

Will The Navy SEALs Swift Boat Obama?

Do your homework, jackass. The Swiftboat dummies were EXPOSED as a bunch of cranks and liars...as one of their chief advocates received an EXACT same medal as Kerry for the mission they claimed didn't exist!

Now you've got these jokers...22 out of how many SEALS? And where was all this animosity when the Shrub claimed major operations were at an end, and then 4,000 dead and over 30,000 wounded and crippled followed? How many SEALS died under the Shrub?

Like I said, you mudwhistling jackass...DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Yes the economy is stable. Must be something to the stimulus items that were passed and signed into law. You may want to tell your fellow Romney backers about how stable the economy is.

Can't have it both ways.

The Stimulus established a new baseline for state governments which they cannot meet anymore unless they raise taxes. They got fat off of Stimulus yet they found out it would cost them a dollar for every dime he gave them.

Some of that Stimulus money was wasted on green energy projects. A lot of of it turned into a slush-fund for liberal causes.

The Stimulus money ran out and Obama has been asking for more money and he got it. $3 trillion more.

Obama is taking credit for job growth in the private-sector, but he has nothing to do with those increases. He has cut jobs in the public-sector while paying for union pensions and benefits. Pretty soon he's gonna start bouncing soldiers out of the military, but not till after the election.

So in one breath "Bush had help" killing the economy from Congress--congress is to blame.
In the next breath the "stable" economy is the instrument of the Congress and the President doesn't get any credit.

Nobody ever accused you of being consistent.

No, he's just a mudwhistling neocon/teabagger to proudly stupid and willfully ignorant to admit when he's wrong...much less realize that he contradicts himself with his own rhetoric.

Mudwhistle's OP was proven flat out wrong, and he didn't even have the guts to acknowledge the facts that did that, let alone concede the point. So now he's rehashing all the FAILED and DISPROVEN mantras that Rove & company trotted out regarding Iraq. Pathetic.

Dumbfuck, the Afghans threatened to attack our Spec ops and CIA if we continued to pursue UBL at Tora Bora. It was decided to prevent fighting the Afghans at that moment, so shut the fuck up about Bush letting him go.

Obamination has spent more time playing golf than working on the UBL tasker, it just fell into his lap once the CIA's work succeeded.

Idiots like you should be locked away for life.

And what...pray fracking tell did th shrub do to "Take Down" Bin Laden?

Oh yeah, the shrub allowed Bin Laden to escape Tora Bora.

The shrub signed a treaty with Pakistan that gave Bin Laden an al_Qeada safe haven.

The shrub disbanded the Bin Laden Working Group.

What did Mr. Obama do?

He gave the order that took down Bin Laden.

Please provide documentation to your assertions. If you can't, then that makes YOU on GoneBezerk neocon/teabagger "dumbfuck".

The shrub signed a treaty with Pakistan that gave Bin Laden an al_Qeada safe haven.

What did Mr. Obama do?

Visualize a football game where there are 3 seconds left on the clock and the final result depends on a field goal kicker. He comes in, makes the field goal and then goes around for a year and brags the HE won the game.

Seems like Mr. Obama's legendary basketball skills are matched or even exceeded by his skills a a field goal kicker.

However his skills as President don't even measure up to his skills as a bowler.

In order for you analogy to have any substance, one would have to IGNORE MAJOR FACTS OF HISTORY.

With regards to Bin Ladin, the Shrub & company REMOVED MAJOR MILITARY RESOURCES IN AFGHANISTAN TO PURSUE AN UNNECESSARY INVASION OF IRAQ BASED ON LIES.

Also, he disbanded the CIA speciall unit set up expressly to get intel on and pursue Bin Ladin.

What followed was 7 year of mounting casualties, threat levels, Bin Ladin videos, attempted attacks thwarted by perpetraitors ineptitude, and a President who tells us Bin Ladin is no longer of concern, and Al Qaeda is in total dissaray.

Then Obama comes into office.....re-establishes the CIA imperative to get Bin Ladin, caucuses for MONTHS with military and intelligence depts. on plans to get him, and then gives the order DESPITE voiced disapproval from folks involved.

Obama succeeded where the Shrub FAILED....and he was gracious enough to phone Bush and thank him for efforts that contributed to his success.

Deal with it.

Dumbfuck, the Afghans threatened to attack our Spec ops and CIA if we continued to pursue UBL at Tora Bora. It was decided to prevent fighting the Afghans at that moment, so shut the fuck up about Bush letting him go.

Obamination has spent more time playing golf than working on the UBL tasker, it just fell into his lap once the CIA's work succeeded.

Idiots like you should be locked away for life.

What did Mr. Obama do?

Please provide documentation to your assertions. If you can't, then that makes YOU on GoneBezerk neocon/teabagger "dumbfuck".

So the Special Operations Forces were intimidated by the Afghan army? Whatever happened to "You're with us or with the Terrorists?"

Probably didn't happen.

If Obama were smart he would have not even allowed the mission to be planned. It was a mission that could cause only harm to Obama. If the mission failed the blame would have been Obama's alone, no one else's. If the mission succeeded it would cause all the: Obama's didn't do it, he only had to nod, explanations. Maybe Bush realized that, and that's why he lost interest and no longer cared?

:confused:

If Obama were smart he would have not even allowed the mission to be planned. It was a mission that could cause only harm to Obama. If the mission failed the blame would have been Obama's alone, no one else's. If the mission succeeded it would cause all the: Obama's didn't do it, he only had to nod, explanations. Maybe Bush realized that, and that's why he lost interest and no longer cared?

:confused:

Why the question marks? Obama didn't plan SHIT. ALL he had to do was be informed and give yes or no to go with it IAW Bushs' PLAN to get OBL...

Are you really that thick in real life?

Forum List

Back