Obama's Involvement In Bin Laden Takedown Was Simply A Nod

Had Bush been the one, the GOP would still be screaming from the mountaintops, pounding their chest, shouting "Bush! Bush! USA! USA!". I'd love to see a denial of THAT. The President is like the quarterback; he gets the blame and the credit. Too bad.

Gotta agree.

Barry had the balls to make the call. Bush would have done the same.

Kudo's to Barry for having those balls.

The SEALS did the actual takedown but they couldn't have done it without that nod from the CIC.

Thanks for having the balls to say this. The others are spinning so hard it's windy in here.

Had Bush been the one, the GOP would still be screaming from the mountaintops, pounding their chest, shouting "Bush! Bush! USA! USA!". I'd love to see a denial of THAT. The President is like the quarterback; he gets the blame and the credit. Too bad.

His face would have been on Mount Rushmore. Look at the treatment Reagan gets from the right.

He was an unmitigated disaster as a President.

Reagan was a fantastic President; was precisely the right man at the right time.

The real Reagan........maybe. Not the one that nutters have fabricated over the years. If one can admit the man's faults and assign blame to him for his fuck-ups.........then one can say such a thing. Otherwise.....it is just a story.

Funny.....nutters are fabricating a version of the current POTUS also........one that does not have basis in reality. Wait.......they do that with every President.

Gotta agree.

Barry had the balls to make the call. Bush would have done the same.

Kudo's to Barry for having those balls.

The SEALS did the actual takedown but they couldn't have done it without that nod from the CIC.

Thanks for having the balls to say this. The others are spinning so hard it's windy in here.

Your welcome.

I dont' care for Barry but I give credit where its due. I really don't care which party they belong to.

Doing a great thing is just that.

I don't understand all this "credit" that Obama deserves.
What was to be decided, whether to drop a missile on his ass
or to send ground forces.
This was a no brainer.
Once Bin Laden was found what choice was there to make.
Any President would have done this.

Come on, you're not naive. I'll say it again - had Bush been the one to get him, the Right would be giving him all the credit. He would have been The Hero. That's the way it works. You're not denying that, are you?

I think Bush would have handled it differently.

He wouldn't have floated a statement that he personally picked the size of the unit so in case they couldn't get out by air they would have sufficient numbers to fight their way out of Pakistan.

Obama is no military expert. He doesn't know how to plan a raid nor actions on the objective. He doesn't know the first thing about mission planning nor how to fill out a complex Operations Order. You can't just say, "Get your guns and get on the bird". You have to plan for every contingency.

Last edited:
more mudwhistle fantasizing that he's smarter than the US President.

I doubt Bush would have waited 16 hours to make the decision while the military was tearing out their hair wondering if the delay would turn out to be fatal.

so sad, fuckin nosey nancies pondering really hard any bad light they can shed. such small lives. smh

When it comes to small unit military tactics......I am.

I've been trained on it for years.

It's not something you can learn just by reading a book. You have to put a plan into action before you can discover what works and what doesn't. I've done enough missions, enough mission planning, I've been in plenty of isolations, and enough brief-backs to say I probably know the subject better than he does.

It's not something you can learn just by reading a book. You have to put a plan into action before you can discover what works and what doesn't. I've done enough missions, enough mission planning, I've been in plenty of isolations, and enough brief-backs to say I probably know the subject better than he does.

No, you're not.

You're dumbed down via partisanship and hatred, and you're a tiny shred of a man having to obsessively come on here each day and think of little nancy nit pickin, corny shit to poke at another man's life about. You're the equivalent of Perez Hilton, the fucking celebrity gossip queen.

No, you're not.

You're dumbed down via partisanship and hatred, and you're a tiny shred of a man having to obsessively come on here each day and think of little nancy nit pickin, corny shit to poke at another man's life about. You're the equivalent of Perez Hilton, the fucking celebrity gossip queen.

I'm a retired Green Beret and former Special Forces Detachment "Alpha" member. If I was active-duty I wouldn't have any time to waste on budknockers like you.

Mud, what kind of spring sound does Obama's dick make ev ery morning when you roll out of bed and jump on it?

Had Bush been the one,

The point is, he WAS the one.

Owebama would have killed off the program and tactics Bush put in place.

Um, Obama became President, numbnuts. "Would have" is actually "didn't," so......anything else?

Hey, thanks for the clarification!

This is why I enjoy this board.

Straighting out the pretend 'independents' is part of what we do here!

No, making shit up is ALL you do here. Is there anything else you'd like to give Bush credit for? Saving GM? Health care reform?

Hey guys, come on, you should be THANKING SniperFire! With great care, logic and reason, he has taught us that Bush should be getting the credit for getting bin Laden! Thanks to his meticulous research and intellectual curiosity, the history books will now be able to reflect the truth! Bush got bin Laden! Bush got bin Laden! USA! USA! Where's my Budweiser!

Yay!

You should have taken all that knowledge and ran for President. Then we could see how you would fix the world and save democracy from the Muslims.

But I doubt that the Pres. cares if you have more small unit tactical knowledge than he does. All he needs to do is make a decision. And he did. That is what commanders do; make decisions. They figure they have good enough people around them to plan tactics.

But then you know that. You must not have been the decision maker.

The point is, he WAS the one.

Owebama would have killed off the program and tactics Bush put in place.

Um, Obama became President, numbnuts. "Would have" is actually "didn't," so......anything else?

Straighting out the pretend 'independents' is part of what we do here!

No, making shit up is ALL you do here. Is there anything else you'd like to give Bush credit for? Saving GM? Health care reform?

Hey guys, come on, you should be THANKING SniperFire! With great care, logic and reason, he has taught us that Bush should be getting the credit for getting bin Laden! Thanks to his meticulous research and intellectual curiosity, the history books will now be able to reflect the truth! Bush got bin Laden! Bush got bin Laden! USA! USA! Where's my Budweiser!

Yay!

Bush deserves some credit, but very little. Same with Obama only slightly more. But he still would have jettison blame at the drop of a hat.

(Andrew)Breitbart often appeared as a speaker at Tea Party movement events across the U.S. For example, Breitbart was a keynote speaker at the first National Tea Party Convention at Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville on February 6, 2010. Breitbart later involved himself in a controversy over homophobic and alleged racial slurs being used at a March 20, 2010, rally at the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C., by asserting that slurs were never used, and that "It was a set-up" by Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic Party ..... Breitbart insisted Congressman John Lewis and several other witnesses were forced to lie, concluding that "Nancy Pelosi did a great disservice to a great civil rights icon by thrusting him out there to perform this mischievous task. His reputation is now on the line as a result of her desperation to take down the Tea Party movement."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Breitbart
The whole premise forthis threat is more than a little suspect given that OP has used a highly biased, anti Democratic source - Breitbart.com.

Breitbart.com. is nothing more than a Tea Party Infomercial masquerading as a legitimate news source!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/04/26/Get-bin-laden-memo-CYA

Last edited:

Forum List

Back