Obama's Involvement In Bin Laden Takedown Was Simply A Nod

As Condoleezza Rice explained, Bush set the stage for taking out Bin Laden.

We do wish to thank Oblunder for not fucking it up!

Condoleeza Rice.

Yikes.

Okay, SniperFire, here's the thing: Partisan bullshit spinning is not easy. It must be practiced and learned. And you're just not very good at it yet.

See, pointing out the hypocrisy of partisan bullshit spinning is kind of fun, regardless of which side is trying it. But sometimes you say really dumb stuff that is easily attacked, discounted and/or exposed, and after a while it becomes too easy and tedious to the point where it's not fun. So here's a thought:

I have no doubt you spend a lot of time with Fox & Rush & Hannity & Beck. Great. Since you clearly need to improve your partisan bullshit spinning technique, spend some time on MSNBC to see how the lefties do it. Perhaps some balance would be instructive, because they're pretty good at the partisan bullshit spinning, too.

Practice on your friends during a break at paramilitary/commie survival training. Ask them to try to spot the holes in your bullshit partisan spinning. I admit these people probably aren't going to have the intellectual capacity to see it, but try. Then stop strangers on the street for a better test.

I'm just trying to help here. I admit it's kind of selfish, your stuff just makes me shake my head. Too transparent, too simplistic, no fun. It's always good to improve one's skills!

Last edited:
What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission

Admiral-Special-ops-may-expand-role-6QV5MP4-x-large.jpg

Obama simply gave the go-ahead and was prepared to throw Adm William H. McRaven under the bus if anything when wrong. What was labelled a gusty call turns out to be barely a nod from a President that at the same moment was prepared to cast blame on the man put in charge of the mission using him in typical Obama fashion as a fall-guy.

How many of you even know who this guy is? Well, if proper credit had been given you would have known a lot about the man who took control of the mission and saw it through to it's successful conclusion. He should have been the one to make the announcement that Bin Laden was ether killed or captured.

During Desert Storm we became familiar with Gen Norman Schwartzkopf giving regular mission statements. George H. W. Bush allowed the General to take some of the glory. This is what good leaders do. Obama would have none of it. Instead he rushed in front of the cameras and hogged all of the glory for himself. The real heroes were essentially an after-thought. It would have been quite a different story if the mission had imploded and been a disaster similar to the failed Desert One debacle that took place just over 32 years ago in the desert sands of Tabas, Iran.

President Obama made the right call to give the green light to the mission. But he did it in a way that he could shift the blame if things went wrong. Typical Obama. And typical of him to claim full credit for it, when he didn’t do anything but give a vague nod, while putting his top military officials at risk of taking the hit in case of a bad turn. What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission

This now famous photo in the White House war-room was simply a publicity photo taken during the wrap up of the mission. Notice Obama almost hiding because the final word on the mission was still pending. Everyone who was anyone showed up for this photo-op which surely would not have been released had the mission gone bad.

Screen%20Shot%2020120426%20at%20105809%20AM.png

Links
http://patdollard.s3.amazonaws.com/...ecial-ops-may-expand-role-6QV5MP4-x-large.jpg
http://timeswampland.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/memo.jpg
William H. McRaven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Eagle Claw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Had the mission failed, it would not have mattered who controled the mission at operational level. The President would have gotten full credit for the failure, just as President Carter did for the failure during his Presidency. You know this, as does every other poster on the subject. The simple fact is that assholes like you simply cannot stand it that President Obama did what Bushie couldn't do.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Bush had seven years to set the stage for himself. He didn't do it. Why should one think that he had anything to do with what occured well into President Obama's term?

One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a one, two, three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."

more mudwhistle fantasizing that he's smarter than the US President.

When it comes to small unit military tactics......I am.

I've been trained on it for years.

It's not something you can learn just by reading a book. You have to put a plan into action before you can discover what works and what doesn't. I've done enough missions, enough mission planning, I've been in plenty of isolations, and enough brief-backs to say I probably know the subject better than he does.

LOL. And I just saw a little pink pig fly by the window. Lordy, lordy, the keyboard warriors are out in force today. What a pile.:lol:

Had Bush been the one, the GOP would still be screaming from the mountaintops, pounding their chest, shouting "Bush! Bush! USA! USA!". I'd love to see a denial of THAT. The President is like the quarterback; he gets the blame and the credit. Too bad.

His face would have been on Mount Rushmore. Look at the treatment Reagan gets from the right.

He was an unmitigated disaster as a President.

Reagan was a fantastic President; was precisely the right man at the right time.

Reagan committed treason and lied to the country. He also broke the law. Aside from that his deregulation bonanza and funding of the muj had severe consequences for this country.

But he had great hair, was very charming..and quick witted. I suppose that counts for something.

Last edited:

Killing Bin Laden was basically propaganda. He was out of the loop. An old man no-longer in control, rendered an after-thought in the current war on terror.

Sure, it was good to take him down. I would have preferred they get him alive.

Oh Bullshit. Aside from the fact he was still involved in ongoing operations he was a middle finger to the United States and a rallying cry for terrorists.

Killing Bin Laden was basically propaganda. He was out of the loop.

Really? You are a piece of shit. 3000 plus innocent American and others lives taken, but the guy who planned it was "out of the loop". Fuck you. You are an asshole.

Is there anything you wouldn't say if you thought it would make Obama look bad.

Condi Rice? You mean this Condi Rice?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIpEwGmSsmM]Condoleezza Rice asserts 'Bin Laden Determined To Attack' wasn't a warning. thumpandwhip.com - YouTube[/ame]

The same Condi Rice that wanted to focus America's attention on Russia and China?

That Condi Rice?

:lol:

Killing Bin Laden was basically propaganda. He was out of the loop.

Really? You are a piece of shit. 3000 plus innocent American and others lives taken, but the guy who planned it was "out of the loop". Fuck you. You are an asshole.

Is there anything you wouldn't say if you thought it would make Obama look bad.

Here in NYC..it was a party!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_56ox_Zw9w]Time Square party for Osama Bin Laden death - New York 10 - YouTube[/ame]

Amazing how the sour grapes from the OP led him to dishonor William H. McRaven by attempting to use his excellent service as a political tool.

Killing Bin Laden was basically propaganda. He was out of the loop. An old man no-longer in control, rendered an after-thought in the current war on terror.

Oh Bullshit. Aside from the fact he was still involved in ongoing operations he was a middle finger to the United States and a rallying cry for terrorists.

He's more a rallying cry for ignorant libs now. Obama's single greatest accomplishment. An accomplishment he falsely claimed to be a foreign policy success.

He doesn't even know the difference.

He's more a rallying cry for ignorant libs now. Obama's single greatest accomplishment. An accomplishment he falsely claimed to be a foreign policy success.

He doesn't even know the difference.

For someone who's "trained in special forces" you seem to know very little about how the covert world works.

Amazingly little.

One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a one, two, three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."

Speaking of sour-grapes, remember all the screeching that went on when Bush landed on that carrier, when our troops killed Saddam's sons and actually provided proof, when he finally captured Saddam???? Bet you felt it was criminal.

Don't talk about sour-grapes. You're not speaking from a position of strength I assure you.

Forum List

Back