Obama's Entire Account Of bin Laden's Death Is One Big Lie

cool story...

here's NBC now confirming the Hersh assertions

Pakistanis Knew Where Bin Laden Was Say US Sources - NBC News

No one ever denied the Pakistanis knew where Bin Laden was. IN fact, given he was living a block from their military academy, it would be hard for them NOT to know he was living there. It's like Hitler living down the block from West Point.

ah, yes they did deny it.... You said you read the story. ... Did you skip over that part? Or just didn't comprehend?

The administration absolutely denied Pakistan knew, and also denied they helped in the logistics of the raid.

Boy, this report sure has both sides (left and right) of the "U.S. does no wrong and never lies" establishment scrambling for damage control. Where's the playbook? First, we have to smear Hersh... We then shift to outcry over anonymous sourcing (as if Manning isn't in a cage, and Snowden isn't the most wanted man on Earth)... Then we'll play logic games re: "well, if we wanted to do that, couldn't we have just...?"

You can set your watch by the pushback schematics.

It was always amusing watching pro-war chickenhawks on the right put aside their Obama hatred for one week as they bought - hook, line, sinker - the official narrative of the raid. Some people always work backwards from a conclusion that soothes their sensibilities, evidence and logic be damned.

It's been fairly obvious this was one big canard from the first night of the hasty W.H. news conference . No body, no images, ... no human shield, ... no resistance,.. .no actionable intel gathered... no mail couriers, ... no knowledge by Pakistan. ... Instead, the man was a "delusional invalid" incapable of wiping himself. Yeah, our mighty SEALs obliterated a cripple. Forget apprehension, where real actionable intel might have been gleaned. No, the target had to be torn to pieces, then "cleaned" and "washed" and dumped in the ocean.You know, after all traditions of Islamic law were recognized. You know, via the as yet unnamed Arabic speaking Imam the navy had on board the Carl Vinson. Cool story, Team Obama, Freedom Force.

How do you know the right bought the Initial narrative? crystal ball?
blowhard

So, numbnuts come here and slam the author, who is credible, because... hey.... it protects their boy.

The left has to much skin in the game to abandon Obama now. They must at all cost support his daily failings and overall complete failure of his duties. Obama is a liar. What more needs debated? And this is another example of how he outed the Seal Team and disgraced the office of POTUS

-Geaux

And now since the story is more broadly distributed, lets review this latest update with a since of urgency shall we?. :badgrin:

-Geaux
======

If anyone expected the Obama administration to admit that, as Seymour Hersch alleged last night, it had openly lied and fabricated the entire account of Osama bin Laden killing - perhaps the most defining narrative of Obama's entire first term, we have some bad news: it won't.

Instead, as AP reports, the White House has decided to continue its reality challenged ways and has dismissed as "untrue" Hersh's entire 10K plus word report on what really happened in Abbattobad.

It gets better: according to that paragon of honesty, White House spokesman, Josh Earnest, Hersh's piece in the London Review of Books is "riddled with inaccuracies and outright falsehoods."

It was not immediately clear if Earnest referred the press corp to some fabricated YouTube clip as evidence it wasn't lying about lying.

Earnest noted former CIA deputy director Michael Morell's reaction to the article — that he stopped reading because every sentence was wrong.

White House Denies It Fabricated bin Laden Killing Says Hersh Report Riddled With Inaccuracies And Falsehoods Zero Hedge

Why is it not shocking to hear that Obama lied

Who would of thunk?

-Geaux
------------------------------------

The last time famed US investigative journalist Seymour Hersh made news in the global media was with his massive, 5000-word expose from April of 2014 "The Red Line and the Rat Line" revealing the true motives behind the Syrian near-war of 2013 including what we had said from the very beginning: the very professionally created YouTube clips showing the consequences of what was said to have been an Assad poison gas attack, were nothing but a fake (subsequent reports identified the propaganda source as Rami Abdul Rahman of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, whose entire operation has been funded by an unidentified European country.)

Needless to say, the White House did not respond to Hersh's requests for comment.

Among the many allegations of Hersh's report are that:

• bin Laden had been a prisoner of the Pakistan intelligence at the Abbottabad compound since 2006 (something revealed previously in "Osama bin Laden 'protected by Pakistan in return for Saudi cash")
  • that the two most senior Pakistani military leaders knew of the raid in advance and had made sure that the two helicopters delivering the Seals to Abbottabad could cross Pakistani airspace without triggering any alarms;
  • that the CIA did not learn of bin Laden’s whereabouts by tracking his couriers, as the White House has claimed since May 2011, but from a former senior Pakistani intelligence officer who betrayed the secret in return for much of the $25 million reward offered by the US,
  • and that, while Obama did order the raid and the Seal team did carry it out, many other aspects of the administration’s account were false.
Hersh notes that the Obama administration originally agreed to announce bin Laden had been killed in a drone strike rather than shot during an active Special Forces mission:

... a carefully constructed cover story would be issued: Obama would announce that DNA analysis confirmed that bin Laden had been killed in a drone raid in the Hindu Kush, on Afghanistan’s side of the border. The Americans who planned the mission assured Kayani and Pasha that their co-operation would never be made public. It was understood by all that if the Pakistani role became known, there would be violent protests – bin Laden was considered a hero by many Pakistanis – and Pasha and Kayani and their families would be in danger, and the Pakistani army publicly disgraced.

It was clear to all by this point, the retired official said, that bin Laden would not survive: ‘Pasha told us at a meeting in April that he could not risk leaving bin Laden in the compound now that we know he’s there. Too many people in the Pakistani chain of command know about the mission. He and Kayani had to tell the whole story to the directors of the air defence command and to a few local commanders.

At the end bin Laden was murdered, plain and simple:

‘Of course the guys knew the target was bin Laden and he was there under Pakistani control,’ the retired official said. ‘Otherwise, they would not have done the mission without air cover. It was clearly and absolutely a premeditated murder.’ A former Seal commander, who has led and participated in dozens of similar missions over the past decade, assured me that ‘we were not going to keep bin Laden alive – to allow the terrorist to live. By law, we know what we’re doing inside Pakistan is a homicide. We’ve come to grips with that. Each one of us, when we do these missions, say to ourselves, “Let’s face it. We’re going to commit a murder.”’ The White House’s initial account claimed that bin Laden had been brandishing a weapon; the story was aimed at deflecting those who questioned the legality of the US administration’s targeted assassination programme. The US has consistently maintained, despite widely reported remarks by people involved with the mission, that bin Laden would have been taken alive if he had immediately surrendered.

Seymour Hersh Obama s Entire Account Of bin Laden s Death Is One Big Lie This Is What Really Happened Zero Hedge
So, what does that allegedly make Rob O'Neill and Bissonette? Were they or are they liars?

The point is either YOU are a liar or Hersh is a liar, but if Obama is a liar then Hersh is telling the truth and YOU are the liar.

Okay ya lost me there.....I have no idea what happened or who's lying. All I'm saying is I'm familiar with that sort of operation, although it was long long ago, not much has changed other than the equipment. I have no idea why a leftist author would turn on Barry....maybe he didn't get invited to the correspondent's dinner. I thought Obama's actions throughout the episode were despicable....he deserves no credit, he tried to red-light the operation, Panetta and Valerie Jarret overruled him. bin-Laden is dead....I believe that much.....the details aren't significant to me....he's been replaced.

how convenient... a climate exists whereby whistleblowers' lives are utterly destroyed, and you're unimpressed when they're not willing to identify themselves... it's the perfect circular logic trap for fascism apology.

he not only quotes them, he vets them, applies their statements against the public record, and corroborates them with others... it's what world-class investigative journalists do. Ask your dad. Hersh is pretty well-known, for a long time now.

Hersh is long known to be a nut and a crank.

Yes, he vetted them. And we are just going to have to take his word for it.

LIke Woodward and Berstein "vetted" Deep Throat and he was a brave whistle-blower. Oh, wait, no, he was an embittered bureaucrat who was upset he didn't get promoted.

And how Dan Rather vetted the source of the Bush National Guard Documents. Oh, wait, no, turns out the guy was a crank who was upset the Texas Guard wouldn't pay his medical bills.

I think I want actual proof of credibility before I accept ridiculous claims.

OBL died at Torah Bora years before the raid where we are told he died.
We chased a ghost for years and will probably never be told the truth. It's too embarrassing.

So I read the Hersh article from beginning to end this morning and here's what I think. I pretty much believe it other than what went on inside the compound. I don't believe there was an ISI officer in the compound. I believe O'Neill was the one who double-tapped ol binny. I believe the SEALS had to ditch their guns and gear to make weight on the remaining Blackhawk. I believe the ISI had killed the power to the compound and put their military on stand-down during the raid. I don't believe and have never believed OBL ended up on the Vincent and was buried at sea....that's preposterous. I frankly don't give a shit what they did with his remains. I believe Gates is the only one in the Obozo admin. to reject their horseshit narrative created by Barry having to race to a microphone with the news. The whole thread of their version of events is predicated on that piece of shit trying to get reelected.....no wonder when the results were in that election night he brayed "I DID IT"...yeah, he did it alright..and the hoax that is his presidency continues.

how convenient... a climate exists whereby whistleblowers' lives are utterly destroyed, and you're unimpressed when they're not willing to identify themselves... it's the perfect circular logic trap for fascism apology.

he not only quotes them, he vets them, applies their statements against the public record, and corroborates them with others... it's what world-class investigative journalists do. Ask your dad. Hersh is pretty well-known, for a long time now.

Hersh is long known to be a nut and a crank.

Yes, he vetted them. And we are just going to have to take his word for it.

LIke Woodward and Berstein "vetted" Deep Throat and he was a brave whistle-blower. Oh, wait, no, he was an embittered bureaucrat who was upset he didn't get promoted.

And how Dan Rather vetted the source of the Bush National Guard Documents. Oh, wait, no, turns out the guy was a crank who was upset the Texas Guard wouldn't pay his medical bills.

I think I want actual proof of credibility before I accept ridiculous claims.

Spoken like a true fascist. It isn't enough that a person has an opposing position you have to claim such a person, who disagrees with you is a crank, crazy, or whatever. What a case of extreme hubris and narcissism.

So I read the Hersh article from beginning to end this morning and here's what I think. I pretty much believe it other than what went on inside the compound. I don't believe there was an ISI officer in the compound. I believe O'Neill was the one who double-tapped ol binny. I believe the SEALS had to ditch their guns and gear to make weight on the remaining Blackhawk. I believe the ISI had killed the power to the compound and put their military on stand-down during the raid. I don't believe and have never believed OBL ended up on the Vincent and was buried at sea....that's preposterous. I frankly don't give a shit what they did with his remains. I believe Gates is the only one in the Obozo admin. to reject their horseshit narrative created by Barry having to race to a microphone with the news. The whole thread of their version of events is predicated on that piece of shit trying to get reelected.....no wonder when the results were in that election night he brayed "I DID IT"...yeah, he did it alright..and the hoax that is his presidency continues.

Yep he did alright.... and without grease

-Geaux

More from NBC we should see

-Geaux
----------

NBC Confirms Obama Lied About Bin Laden Raid

Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist Samuel Hersh claimed yesterday that the Obama administration lied to the American people about certain aspects aspects of the 2011 raid that killed Osama Bin Laden. According to Hersh, the United States did not act alone when Navy SEALs were sent to capture or kill the world’s most wanted terrorist. The real story, according to the report, is that members of Pakistani intelligence services were privy to the raid months before it happened and that it was a “walk-in” Pakistani intelligence officer who gave up the location of Bin Laden rather than a CIA operation that tracked him down by following various couriers. Further, it has been claimed that Bin Laden was not buried at sea the way the Obama administration said, but rather, his limbs were simply thrown from the helicopter after the mission (suggesting that some portion of his body, perhaps his head, were retained for posterity’s sake).

It’s a markedly different story than the one President Obama told on the night he announced Bin Laden’s death. In that nationally televised speech the President took credit for ordering the raid and made it clear it was a unilateral action involving only American assets.

The Obama administration has spent the last 24 hours working to discredit the story. Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren said the report from Hersh was “largely a fabrication” with “too many inaccuracies.” The White House says the Hersh’s investigation is riddled with inaccuracies.

But according to NBC News, which has reportedly been conducting their own investigation for the last several years, Hersh’s claims aren’t that inaccurate after all.

Two intelligence sources tell NBC News that the year before the U.S. raid that killed Osama bin Laden, a “walk in” asset from Pakistani intelligence told the CIA where the most wanted man in the world was hiding – and these two sources plus a third say that the Pakistani government knew where bin Laden was hiding all along.

NBC Confirms Obama Lied About Bin Laden Raid Zero Hedge

Jr. lied about wanting to get OBL.

Obama is the one that actually got him.

Sorry, but this Hersch dude sounds like yet another conservative trying to make a buck by defending Jr. and Co, and lying about what happened to make them look better.

Nope..................I think that we've already gotten OBL, and it happened like the government said.

Too many people were involved to effectively cover it up.

Memo to mods-

Its time to move my thread back to 'current events' where it started and before you caved into the demand of the clown faces here at USMB

Not a conspiracy at all

-Geaux

Spoken like a true fascist. It isn't enough that a person has an opposing position you have to claim such a person, who disagrees with you is a crank, crazy, or whatever. What a case of extreme hubris and narcissism.

Actually, Hersh has been a crank for a decade. He's been pedeling all sorts of conspiracy theories since 2004.

The many problems with Seymour Hersh s Osama bin Laden conspiracy theory - Vox

In recent years, however, Hersh has appeared increasingly to have gone off the rails. His stories, often alleging vast and shadowy conspiracies, have made startling — and often internally inconsistent — accusations, based on little or no proof beyond a handful of anonymous "officials."

The first hints came in the latter years of the Bush administration, when Hersh reported repeatedly that the US was on the verging of striking Iran. These included reports stating that the US might even bomb Iran with a nuclear warhead, and later that the administration had considered using US special forces disguised as Iranians to launch a "false flag" attack as a premise for war.

These reports seemed a bit far-fetched, particularly since Hersh kept predicting a strike that never came. And, troublingly, they were often sourced to perhaps one or two anonymous "consultants" or "former officials" who were said to "have knowledge" of high-level discussions.

The moment when a lot of journalists started to question whether Hersh had veered from investigative reporting into something else came in January 2011. That month, he spoke at Georgetown University's branch campus in Qatar, where he gave a bizarre and rambling address alleging that top military and special forces leaders "are all members of, or at least supporters of, Knights of Malta ... many of them are members of Opus Dei." He suggested that they belong to a network first formed by former Vice President Dick Cheney that is steering US foreign policy toward an agenda of bringing Christianity to the Middle East.

Actually, Hersh has been a crank for a decade. He's been pedeling all sorts of conspiracy theories since 2004.
The many problems with Seymour Hersh s Osama bin Laden conspiracy theory - Vox.

It's a strange day when I find myself in agreement with a loony leftist but Hersh has indeed been Twilight Zoning for many years. I caught his latest routine on - of all things - "Democracy Now!" and he looked and sounded like he was selling something he himself had cooked.

Forum List

Back