Obama's Double Dip Recession - OIL SKYROCKETING PRICES!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GHook93, Feb 28, 2011.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    American Thinker: Obama Nixes Safe Drilling

With the Middle East and North Africa unrest, price of gas will get to $5 a gallon, because the annual price increase during the summer months. During the summer months it will get to $6 a gallon. Make no mistake, this will be catrosphic to our economy. We will exceed 10% unemployment.

The Dimcrats will says it the Middle East uproar and they will ignore the fact that Obama has put a hold on all domestic off-shoring for AMERICAN companies only. Oil drilling technology got better, but he refuses to allow drilling in CO, ANWR and other places!

For the environazi propaganda, we have more oil here and off our shores than in Saudi Arabia, Venezuela or Iran. We have as much oil as Canada and Russia. However, the nutjobs environazis refuse to allow us to tap into it!

We should all be very scared!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    It's interesting that we pay high fuel prices based on what someone thinks might happen in the future

3. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Yes this is becoming very disturbing for Americans. Gas Prices really are skyrocketing. I'm sure the usual suspects will play it off like it's no big deal now that their guys are in power. These same usual suspects completely freaked out over high gas prices when the other side had power though. Yea I'm pretty sure their reaction is going to be quite different this time around. In a nutshell for the Wingers & MSM...High Gas Prices = All the President's Fault when a Republican is in Power/No big deal and definitely someone else's fault when a Democrat is in Power. Same ole same ole in the end.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  4. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,858
    This is a campaign promise that Obama has actually kept. He did say that Energy Prices Would Sky Rocket.

Such inflation is a cruel tax on working people, who should, of course, take comfort in the fact that it will help even more expensive Green Energy appear a bit more palatable to justify Obama giving it tons of government hand-outs.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Oh what a load of horse hocky.

No when the prices were spiking under Bush II he was not responsible and now that it is spiking under Obama he is also not responsible.

Honestly don't you folks every get tired of telling us what the LEFT thinks?

Of course not and we all know why, too, don't we?

Because if you right wing tools didn't insinate a load of nonsense into the mouths of the people who you hate you would not have a god damned thing to say.

Grow up

6. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    so what exactly do you see Obama doing to relieve the problem....?

7. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Oh no the Left never blamed DA BOOOOOOOSH for nothin. Huh say Whaaaa?? Where were you? Well i was there and i assure you the Left and MSM did blame Bush for high Gas Prices. Now this same Left will give their guy a free pass and maybe even blame DA BOOOOOOOSH and Palin. Seriously,nothing would surprise me with those Wingers. You can live in denial if you want to but i stand by my earlier comment.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  8. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,858

Gas prices were less than $1.90 when Obama took office - looks like the spike during the BOOOSSSHHHHH era was resolved.

9. skeptic

skeptic BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Double dip is such a happy phrase, just like bubbles and froth are such cheerful terms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    When did he campaign on that? If he did then anyone who voted for him is dumber than we give them credit for. I have posted many times I hope we see the rise of the electric car starting this year and we start to end our addiction to foreign oil.

HOWEVER, I never would want oil to increase to achieve that end. Oil increases before we have an alternative (and ethanol is not an alternative its a false prophet) are going to kill us! $5 and $6 gas prices will destroy any recovery that might or might not be started!