Obama's Double Dip Recession - OIL SKYROCKETING PRICES!!!

Hey everybody!

I got an idea....Drill baby....DRILL

Conservation is for pussies

I have to agree "Drill Baby Drill" isn't the answer. I actually get a little perturbed when i see people chanting that stuff. It's just way too simplistic and kind of ignorant. I'm ok with more Oil Drilling but it will not solve our dependence problem. We do need other solutions.

Last edited:
Yes this is becoming very disturbing for Americans. Gas Prices really are skyrocketing. I'm sure the usual suspects will play it off like it's no big deal now that their guys are in power. These same usual suspects completely freaked out over high gas prices when the other side had power though. Yea I'm pretty sure their reaction is going to be quite different this time around. In a nutshell for the Wingers & MSM...High Gas Prices = All the President's Fault when a Republican is in Power/No big deal and definitely someone else's fault when a Democrat is in Power. Same ole same ole in the end.

Oh what a load of horse hocky.

No when the prices were spiking under Bush II he was not responsible and now that it is spiking under Obama he is also not responsible.

Honestly don't you folks every get tired of telling us what the LEFT thinks?

Of course not and we all know why, too, don't we?

Because if you right wing tools didn't insinate a load of nonsense into the mouths of the people who you hate you would not have a god damned thing to say.

Grow up

so what exactly do you see Obama doing to relieve the problem....?

Why does Obama have to do anything? Are you against Capitalism and a free market where supply & demand sets pricing? We can't afford anymore government intervention while we are trying to cut the budget of billions. Tighten your belt.

The crazy cons are at it again. Out of one side of their mouth, Obama is a free market-hating communist; out of the other side of their mouth, Obama is to blame when oil prices are driven up in the free market, and should disregard capitalism and magically make oil prices go down. Jesus H Christ, you cons are fucking stupid.

Yes this is becoming very disturbing for Americans. Gas Prices really are skyrocketing. I'm sure the usual suspects will play it off like it's no big deal now that their guys are in power. These same usual suspects completely freaked out over high gas prices when the other side had power though. Yea I'm pretty sure their reaction is going to be quite different this time around. In a nutshell for the Wingers & MSM...High Gas Prices = All the President's Fault when a Republican is in Power/No big deal and definitely someone else's fault when a Democrat is in Power. Same ole same ole in the end.

Oh what a load of horse hocky.

No when the prices were spiking under Bush II he was not responsible and now that it is spiking under Obama he is also not responsible.

Honestly don't you folks every get tired of telling us what the LEFT thinks?

Of course not and we all know why, too, don't we?

Because if you right wing tools didn't insinate a load of nonsense into the mouths of the people who you hate you would not have a god damned thing to say.

Grow up

Gas prices were less than $1.90 when Obama took office - looks like the spike during the BOOOSSSHHHHH era was resolved.

thanks to one of the worst recessions in history.

Your understanding of supply and demand is comically deficient.

The crazy cons are at it again. Out of one side of their mouth, Obama is a free market-hating communist; out of the other side of their mouth, Obama is to blame when oil prices are driven up in the free market, and should disregard capitalism and magically make oil prices go down. Jesus H Christ, you cons are fucking stupid.

Well if its not DA BOOOOOOOSH or Palin's fault? Whose fault is it this time around? You Wingers never had a problem blaming DA BOOOOOOOSH when Gas Prices were high. But now all of a sudden it's "Not the President's fault and he's doing his best." You Wingers are disingenuous little worms. Seriously,it's true. :)

And to think awhile back I was half joking when I said the Right would be hoping for a double dip recession as their only chance to beat Obama in 2012.

Which, btw, is your only hope, so if you had even an iota of common sense you could figure out that President Obama would hardly be engineering the only event that could cost him re-election.

Think, once in a while, Rightwing People. Try being intelligent for a change instead of just being stupid in a way your stupid rightwing pals will pat you on the back for.

Well if its not DA BOOOOOOOSH or Palin's fault? Whose fault is it this time around? You Wingers never had a problem blaming DA BOOOOOOOSH when Gas Prices were high. But now all of a sudden it's "Not the President's fault and he's doing his best." You Wingers are disingenuous little worms. Seriously,it's true. :)

The Iraq war put a premium on the price of oil. You know, as in, unrest in the Middle East?

So, yes, Bush WAS to blame in part for higher oil prices during his terms.

Let me get this straight.

Is the OP saying that American companies are not allowed to drill in U.S. territorial waters,
but foreign companies are?

Really? Is that a fact?

American Thinker: Obama Nixes Safe Drilling

With the Middle East and North Africa unrest, price of gas will get to $5 a gallon, because the annual price increase during the summer months. During the summer months it will get to $6 a gallon. Make no mistake, this will be catrosphic to our economy. We will exceed 10% unemployment.

The Dimcrats will says it the Middle East uproar and they will ignore the fact that Obama has put a hold on all domestic off-shoring for AMERICAN companies only. Oil drilling technology got better, but he refuses to allow drilling in CO, ANWR and other places!

For the environazi propaganda, we have more oil here and off our shores than in Saudi Arabia, Venezuela or Iran. We have as much oil as Canada and Russia. However, the nutjobs environazis refuse to allow us to tap into it!

We should all be very scared!

the unrest in the middle east is obama's fault now?

funny.... i thought it got de-stabilized when we removed saddam from power. silly moi.

instead of continued reliance on fossil fuels, maybe we should be exploring alternative energies?

nah...we'd rather destroy ANWR for a minimal amount of oil that would take 10 years to extract.

silliness.

And I see you have no reasonable response to my post. I'll just disregard your irrelevant ramblings as those of a lunatic.

Hey everybody!

I got an idea....Drill baby....DRILL

Conservation is for pussies

I have to agree "Drill Baby Drill" isn't the answer. I actually get a little perturbed when i see people chanting that stuff. It's just way too simplistic and kind of ignorant. I'm ok with more Oil Drilling but it will not solve our dependence problem. We do need other solutions.

My God----if our country can't do both at the same time we deserve whatever happens to us.

The Iraq war put a premium on the price of oil. You know, as in, unrest in the Middle East?

Oh so it is DA BOOOOOOOSH. I thought so. Maybe it's Palin's fault too huh? You Wingers are hilarious. Thanks for cracking me up. :lol:

Oh so it is DA BOOOOOOOSH. I thought so. Maybe it's Palin's fault too huh? You Wingers are hilarious. Thanks for cracking me up. :lol:

Do you want to dispute that the Iraq war caused higher oil prices?

Is the OP saying that American companies are not allowed to drill in U.S. territorial waters,

Really? Is that a fact?

Actually, yes.

Cuba has been encouraged oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico by Russia and China. Other countries also have oil drilling assets in the Gulf.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8175704.stm

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/17/business/energy-environment/17cnooc.html

And yet, our government continues to hamstring our own energy producers. Go figure.

Last edited:
So here's what we've learned from the usual suspect Wingers here...High gas Prices = BAD and all the President's fault when a Republican is in Power but High Gas Prices = GOOD and definitely not the President's fault when a Democrat is in Power. That about sum things up? SHEESH!

I think they are Marxist commie facists to the core, in kind of a Schizo-pseudo-righty state. LMAO!:lol:

So here's what we've learned from the usual suspect Wingers here...High gas Prices = BAD and all the President's fault when a Republican is in Power but High Gas Prices = GOOD and definitely not the President's fault when a Democrat is in Power. That about sum things up? SHEESH!

Dude Bush started two wars in the ME.

This new development is the people of the ME fighting for democracy.

Do you think the powers that still exsist in the ME want the to world side with the revolutionaries who are seeking freedom or them?

Of course it benifits the ME pwoer brokers to make us get scared about oil prices.

Really? Is that a fact?

Actually, yes.

Cuba has been encouraged oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico by Russia and China. Other countries also have oil drilling assets in the Gulf.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Russia to drill for oil off Cuba

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/17/business/energy-environment/17cnooc.html

And yet, our government continues to hamstring our own energy producers. Go figure.

But are they really or are they still in cahoots with them ? The producers seem to do quite well when things explode in the mid-east. If we would use more of the oil and gas that we have here it would be pretty tough for them to scare speculators into paying more.

It's interesting that we pay high fuel prices based on what someone thinks might happen in the future
Fuel prices are always determined by what certain people think will happen in the future. Speculators think that a shortage will develop so they bid up the price. OPEC thinks demand will increase so they raise the price.

Forum List

Back