Obama's Auntie?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
I never knew this, but....

Obama has an aunt, an illegal alien who emigrated to the US from Kenya. She has been living here illegally...in public housing. In CLEVELAND, and later in Boston.

Lawyers for the lady just won her the right to remain in the US on asylum grounds..

Pardon me, but WHAT THE FUCK? Why is Obama's Auntie living in squalor? Zeituni Onyango is the half-sister of Obama's Kenyan-born dad. She entered the US in 2000, was ordered deported in 2004 and stayed illegally, claiming she fears violence in her homeland.

I don't have an issue with granting asylum to a lady who must be in her 70's. I DO have a HUGE problem with the Leader of The Free World abandoning an elderly relative to public assistance and the misery of public housing.

WHAT THE HELL??????

thumbnail.aspx

None of MY elderly family members are living like that, and I barely have enough to get by myself. I am just gob-smacked by this.

Hey Obama! Send your Auntie to a nice apartment or nursing home and pay the freight, because right now, you appear to me to be a COMPLETE CREEP.

Imagine the threads generated if Obama had pulled strings to get her asylum

That's why he wants amnesty for all the illegal, he loves her cooking!

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, even though you said you were an old school "conservative". I know exactly what you are about.

How is sun city this time of year for ya? Get Off My Lawn!

A more interesting discussion, since it has been established that Obama was unaware of his aunties status, even her presence in the U.S. (I believe this is the case), would be, how much did her relationship to the President influence the court?

Mind you, I am not saying that Obama or anyone in his administration directly or indirectly applied any influence in the matter, I have no way of knowing if they did or didn't. But you can't tell me that the judge was not constantly aware of who her nephew is.

And for the record, I am nonplussed by the outcome of her case. I could not have cared less about it either way.

What happened Maddy? You sleep through the last days of the '08 election?

:lol:

He's known of her since at least November of 2008, though it's hard to imagine he hasn't always known. I'd no more allow a family member -- an older lady -- to live that way than I'd allow her to starve on my doorstep.

I just do NOT get this. It's heartless.

Yea, I just found out about her today, as the news covered the decision to grant her asylum. Maybe my take on this is skewed, being as I am an older lady. But my first thought was Diana Ross, living in wealth, as Flo Ballard struggled to survive in The Projects, dying at age 32.

Some things are just WRONG. ALWAYS WRONG. SHAMEFULLY WRONG.

Obama has an aunt, an illegal alien who emigrated to the US from Kenya. She has been living here illegally...in public housing. In CLEVELAND, and later in Boston.

Lawyers for the lady just won her the right to remain in the US on asylum grounds..

Pardon me, but WHAT THE FUCK? Why is Obama's Auntie living in squalor? Zeituni Onyango is the half-sister of Obama's Kenyan-born dad. She entered the US in 2000, was ordered deported in 2004 and stayed illegally, claiming she fears violence in her homeland.

I don't have an issue with granting asylum to a lady who must be in her 70's. I DO have a HUGE problem with the Leader of The Free World abandoning an elderly relative to public assistance and the misery of public housing.

WHAT THE HELL??????

thumbnail.aspx

None of MY elderly family members are living like that, and I barely have enough to get by myself. I am just gob-smacked by this.

Hey Obama! Send your Auntie to a nice apartment or nursing home and pay the freight, because right now, you appear to me to be a COMPLETE CREEP.

No surprise ending on this ongoing effort....

Ha, I'm as anti-Obama as they come, but I really don't blame him for this one. My family is from Dominica and I probably have 14-15 aunts and uncles if not more and that doesn't include the step ones (in Kenya it's probably the exact same way). I don't care how successful I get, they're not all sustaining themselves in the US off my dime. Not to be cold-hearted or anything.

He's known of her since at least November of 2008, though it's hard to imagine he hasn't always known. I'd no more allow a family member -- an older lady -- to live that way than I'd allow her to starve on my doorstep.

Yea, I just found out about her today, as the news covered the decision to grant her asylum. Maybe my take on this is skewed, being as I am an older lady. But my first thought was Diana Ross, living in wealth, as Flo Ballard struggled to survive in The Projects, dying at age 32.

It's not heartless. It's politically prudent. What would you have him do? If he stepped in on her behalf, he would have been slammed six ways til Sunday. It'd be damn near political suicide. She'd been in the states for years, unbeknownst to him. She'd broken immigration law, specifically a deportation order. Imagine the grief if he had shown any favoritism or tried to intervene on her behalf.

No, he was damned either way, IMO.

Ha, I'm as anti-Obama as they come, but I really don't blame him for this one. My family is from Dominica and I probably have 14-15 aunts and uncles if not more and that doesn't include the step ones (in Kenya it's probably the exact same way). I don't care how successful I get, they're not all sustaining themselves in the US off my dime. Not to be cold-hearted or anything.

I don't quite see Obama and you as similarly-situated, miss. But NO ONE should watch an elderly family member starve if they have wealth. In my view, that is WRONG.

A more interesting discussion, since it has been established that Obama was unaware of his aunties status, even her presence in the U.S. (I believe this is the case), would be, how much did her relationship to the President influence the court?

Mind you, I am not saying that Obama or anyone in his administration directly or indirectly applied any influence in the matter, I have no way of knowing if they did or didn't. But you can't tell me that the judge was not constantly aware of who her nephew is.

And for the record, I am nonplussed by the outcome of her case. I could not have cared less about it either way.

There you have it.....Conspiracy

Didn't take long did it?

WHAT THE HELL??????

thumbnail.aspx

Obama abandoned somebody? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I didn't know relatives of his dead beat dad were owed anything. :eusa_whistle:

Imagine the threads generated if Obama had pulled strings to get her asylum

How would we know if he did or didn't?

Immigration "judges" are not part of the Judicial Branch.

The attorneys who present cases for ICE before an Immigration Judge get paid by the same boss who pays for the very much non-independent ADMINISTRATIVE judges who we call Immigration Judges.

The Immigration Judge who decided this matter may very well have had no other choice in all good conscience other than to grant asylum. But it is not impossible that his (or her) judgment was influenced by the fact that the Asylee was the aunt of his boss.

It's not heartless. It's politically prudent. What would you have him do? If he stepped in on her behalf, he would have been slammed six ways til Sunday. It'd be damn near political suicide. She'd been in the states for years, unbeknownst to him. She'd broken immigration law, specifically a deportation order. Imagine the grief if he had shown any favoritism or tried to intervene on her behalf.

No, he was damned either way, IMO.

Get the lady a plane ticket to a country she can enter legally. Send her enough money so she can live decently. Bring her back here if, and only if, she can emigrate legally.

WTF is so hard about this? I have friends with elderly relatives in Cuba who fly out of Canada with suitcases of money so Granny and Great Auntie don't starve. When did it become okay in this country to turn your back on family in need?

If Obama REALLY believed his only two choices were to aid his Auntie or run for President, he should have resigned the campaign and looked after Auntie. He has probably spent more money supporting his fucking DOG than his Aunt.

It's completely disgraceful. And WTF has the First Lady been doing? Who sleeps with a man so cruel he abandons his own Auntie like this? Hock a few jewels and send that woman some cash, Michelle.

Shame on them both.

usweekly__oPt.jpg

He certainly has the power and means to help her in whatever way he would see fit, even if it was behind the scenes. I wonder if he was led by his conscience or advisors to make that choice.

Forum List

Back