Obama's Auntie?

Shame on you, SmartThanHick. Tossing out snide remarks, in an effort to win some crappy no-account argument on an internet message board? Do you realize just how offensive it is to write to someone you do not know, whose life experience is dramatically different than yours, that "they have abandonment issues"?

I have no such issues. I was born in a time when not every little thing became an issue, and into a place where getting food was somewhat more of a priority than getting psychoanalyzed. When I grew up, people who were not happy were not given some Life Long Pass to be assholes. It has been FIFTY YEARS, SmarterThanHick, and I assure you, I have had peace with what happened to me for at least FORTY of those years.

It seems more likely to me our differing POVs have to do with YOUR need to protect yourself from being taken advantage of by people who have not added to your welfare to date. But I am not especially covetious or defensive or suspicious of everyone else. I don't happen to see little old ladies I'm related to as likely to be leeches trying to suck every dime out of my bank account, cleverly wriggling into poverty just to deprive me of my assets. If someone in my neighborhood needs help and I can aid them, I do that as well. Sometimes I even give money to people I have no hope of EVER meeting.

This is how EVERYONE conducted themselves in the era immediately after WW II, except of course for my family. I gather nowadays, we're supposed to look after no one but ourselves and our own offspring and we're to ignore the suffering of our extended family, no matter how acute it may be.

Pardon me if I don't happen to see this newfangled POV as an improvement in The Human Condition. I still believe in compassion.

Even for long lost Aunties.

My remarks were not meant to be snide in the least, but matter of fact. You claim you don't have abandonment issues, but when asked why you'd support distant family, you immediately jump to a story about your personal abandonment. If it's not an issue, why bring it up? Why get defensive? Why react with "shame on you"? You had a traumatic childhood event which you readily reference in this thread. Do you not see the connection? Are you not in tune with your own emotions to understand the reasoning for that connection, or even why you took insult from someone pointing it out?

But you continue to emotionally react with irrational claims. Why do you gather that we're only supposed to look out for ourselves nowadays? This is a completely unsubstantiated claim. In actuality, American giving reach a record high in 2007. Making poor assumptions about me or society as a whole is just a defense mechanism regarding an action which you yourself have identified as having no logical reason in your mind.

You're trying to justify yourself without having anything concrete to do so with. Fact is, you don't NEED anything. You can just say "I have no reason, but this is what I find necessary", and because of that, you can't shame others for doing differently. Your issue is that you seem completely incapable of even understanding any other stance, even though your own has no reasoning to it.

So he trots her out in his book to pad his resume when it suits him, but then ignores her plight in real life?

I am now truly nauseated.

Ya think that maybe you don't know the whole story? It's not like he isn't busy. He doesn't strike me as heartless. Perhaps there is more to her circumstance that hasn't come to light. Your idea of immediate family is a bit broader than mine. Something about this smells a rat. If she is publicly trying to embarrass the prez maybe the whole story needs to be revealed.

If she was collecting $10,000 a pop to interview with a string of "news shows", I might agree. But I know she ain't because NO ONE lives in The Projects in Cleveland one fucking nano-second longer than they have to.

I presume she made the news only because she won her immigration hearing.

And if Obama thinks he has a good excuse for his neglect, let him choke on it. Nothing excuses this kind of heartless neglect, at least not in my book.

she lives in boston.

Ya think that maybe you don't know the whole story? It's not like he isn't busy. He doesn't strike me as heartless. Perhaps there is more to her circumstance that hasn't come to light. Your idea of immediate family is a bit broader than mine. Something about this smells a rat. If she is publicly trying to embarrass the prez maybe the whole story needs to be revealed.

If she was collecting $10,000 a pop to interview with a string of "news shows", I might agree. But I know she ain't because NO ONE lives in The Projects in Cleveland one fucking nano-second longer than they have to.

I presume she made the news only because she won her immigration hearing.

And if Obama thinks he has a good excuse for his neglect, let him choke on it. Nothing excuses this kind of heartless neglect, at least not in my book.

she lives in boston.

LOL!

Way to gut a stupid rant in the fewest possible number of words.

:lol::lol: :clap2: :lol::lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My remarks were not meant to be snide in the least, but matter of fact. You claim you don't have abandonment issues, but when asked why you'd support distant family, you immediately jump to a story about your personal abandonment. If it's not an issue, why bring it up? Why get defensive? Why react with "shame on you"? You had a traumatic childhood event which you readily reference in this thread. Do you not see the connection? Are you not in tune with your own emotions to understand the reasoning for that connection, or even why you took insult from someone pointing it out?

But you continue to emotionally react with irrational claims. Why do you gather that we're only supposed to look out for ourselves nowadays? This is a completely unsubstantiated claim. In actuality, American giving reach a record high in 2007. Making poor assumptions about me or society as a whole is just a defense mechanism regarding an action which you yourself have identified as having no logical reason in your mind.

You're trying to justify yourself without having anything concrete to do so with. Fact is, you don't NEED anything. You can just say "I have no reason, but this is what I find necessary", and because of that, you can't shame others for doing differently. Your issue is that you seem completely incapable of even understanding any other stance, even though your own has no reasoning to it.

Well, the written word has its limits, SmarterThanHick. If I was unfair to you, I apologize. I did not provide you with my background to trumpet "the value of family". What I had hoped you'd see was this:

So if anyone has a reason to turn their back on family, I think I have earned mine.

I concede such things as Obama has no legal duty (that I know of) to support his Auntie. I have expectations about the publically-observable conduct of my President and in this regard, he is not meeting mine. But I am not suggesting Auntie could sue Obama for support.

I think giving to charity is a wonderful thing, or can be. It is best to find out what you can before you give, as not every charity is exemplary. But that's hardly the point. Gifts to anonymous people in need, whom you will never meet, is not the ONLY sort of "open hand" I expect or want from adults -- including the President.

Here's an illustration of what I mean:

When I ran out for a frappe' tonight at about 10 pm, my neighbor lady was letting her cat in and I said hello, how are you? The short story is she just had surgery, she 's in quite a bit of pain and hasn't filled her pain med script because she cannot afford to. I asked her to call me rather than lie awake all night if she found she was in too much distress to sleep, and I'd run it up to the 24 hour pharmacy for her. I knew I had to work tonight; it's been that sort of week.

Do I "owe" her this? I think I do. She's alone. She's in pain. She needs my help. Eventually, I'll need hers, or someone else will. I just don't think it's all that complicated. You do what you can for those right under your nose...and if you are wealthy, there is much you can do.

You ask WHY Obama should look after his Auntie. I ask WHY he should be excused when he turns away from her, despite her need.

We come at this from two different starting places, and neither of us is going to change our minds. But honorable people (like us) can be found at both ends of the spectrum on this issue.

I'm sorry I ripped into you. I was mistaken, and thought you had ripped into me. I should have known better...that is certainly not your style.

Last edited:
Obongo's aunt needs to be sent back to Kenya like the rest of that worstless family. Obama is the worst president this country has ever had.

O now that's going a bit far, Matthew. What about Nixon?

Nixion never had 12 straight months above 9 percent unemployment. I believe carter had about 4.

So Obama should invade Vietnam again? I don't think you'll find many people my age who'll agree with THAT idea. And without the buying, etc. that War generated, who knows what economy Nixon might have had on his hands. After all, running up the War Machine was more or less the entire POINT of that War.

Face it, Matthew. Nixon is STILL the worst. I hope no President ever sinks that low again.

Even Reagan was better than Nixon.

Last edited:
Imagine the threads generated if Obama had pulled strings to get her asylum

They'd never catch up with Palin or "Bush lied" or "Tea Party" threads. Not even a distant fourth.

You voted for a President that attended a racist church, associated with a domestic terrorist, tossed them both and his white granny under the bus for political expediency and y'all just want to talk about Sarah Palin's clothing costs and what her daughter does behind the woodshed.

Retards.

They'd never catch up with Palin or "Bush lied" or "Tea Party" threads. Not even a distant fourth.

You voted for a President that attended a racist church, associated with a domestic terrorist, tossed them both and his white granny under the bus for political expediency and y'all just want to talk about Sarah Palin's clothing costs and what her daughter does behind the woodshed.

Retards.

There's an intersting twist here. If Obama induced his Auntie to emigrate to the US on a promise he'd help her and then he did not, she could sue him for support and win. It's called Promissory Estoppel.

But she's said to have emigrated to the US in 2000. Obama was just a pissant Illinois State Senator then. I kinda sorta doubt he had enough juice to influence the INS, and he certainly has not had the juice to keep it quiet for a decade if he did.

Retards.

There's an intersting twist here. If Obama induced his Auntie to emigrate to the US on a promise he'd help her and then he did not, she could sue him for support and win. It's called Promissory Estoppel.

But she's said to have emigrated to the US in 2000. Obama was just a pissant Illinois State Senator then. I kinda sorta doubt he had enough juice to influence the INS, and he certainly has not had the juice to keep it quiet for a decade if he did.

His aunt was actually brought up before he was handed the Democratic candidacy against the will of his constituents. I don't remember all of the details, but IIRC, this is favorite aunt.

Aren't you glad you aren't the least favorite?:lol:

Then again, he's trying to reduce us all to squalor .....:eusa_whistle:

Retards.

His aunt was actually brought up before he was handed the Democratic candidacy against the will of his constituents. I don't remember all of the details, but IIRC, this is favorite aunt.

Aren't you glad you aren't the least favorite?:lol:

Then again, he's trying to reduce us all to squalor .....:eusa_whistle:

I am identifying with Auntie who doubtless expected much, quite reasonably, and was unpleasantly surprised to actually get nothing but shit.

"squalor"????.....:eek::eek::eek:

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!

Christ Gunny!! Get a grip! No body can knock you down and out.. You are a U S marine!

You gonna let some "community organizer" come along and make you live in the "squalor"?

I think not!

"squalor"????.....:eek::eek::eek:

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!

Christ Gunny!! Get a grip! No body can knock you down and out.. You are a U S marine!

You gonna let some "community organizer" come along and make you live in the "squalor"?

I think not!

Gunny only said Obama was TRYING, not that he expected him to succeed. After all, Gunny will always have his ginormous salary from USMB to fall back on.

And the USMB residuals are expected to be fantabulous too!

*Winks*

Last edited:
Whats next, a thread on rev. Wright? Or Ayers?

Might as well have one. You fuckwits haven't justified ignoring either one.

WTF is this "Reverend Wright" guy? Yanno google don't work on a proper name that common and I have asked before here on USMB.

I'm beginning to think this is Conservative codespeak for "pass the salt".

I can't believe you don't know the Unreverend Jeremiah (God Damn America) Wright.

Jeremiah Wright - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WTF is this "Reverend Wright" guy? Yanno google don't work on a proper name that common and I have asked before here on USMB.

I can't believe you don't know the Unreverend Jeremiah (God Damn America) Wright.

I can believe it. Madmutt is really quite ignorant.

Thankies for that link, SFC Ollie. I see why Reverend Wright's influence over Obama might disturb people.

Forum List

Back