Obama's Auntie?

this is plain and simple. Obama doesn't WANT to have ANYTHING to do with ANYONE that might cast a negative light in his direction. So he played dumb..."Uhhhh, I wasn't aware of that..." yeah, right. He was VERY aware...it was his presidential campaign staff's job to know about EVERY LITTLE POSSIBLE GLICH and it's also their job to make sure that it stayed as quiet as possible. So for him to take care of her would be condoning all the things that presidents are supposed to be fighting against. Now that the poitical bullet has been dodged, and the asylum has been granted, he MIGHT...(don't count on it) show some acknowledgment of her, but it would really be surprising to me.

For those of you who are blowing this off pretending like it is nothing out of the ordinary, that really doesn't surprise me either...of course, if it had been a republican president, you would have been all over it.

this is plain and simple. Obama doesn't WANT to have ANYTHING to do with ANYONE that might cast a negative light in his direction. So he played dumb..."Uhhhh, I wasn't aware of that..." yeah, right. He was VERY aware...it was his presidential campaign staff's job to know about EVERY LITTLE POSSIBLE GLICH and it's also their job to make sure that it stayed as quiet as possible. So for him to take care of her would be condoning all the things that presidents are supposed to be fighting against. Now that the poitical bullet has been dodged, and the asylum has been granted, he MIGHT...(don't count on it) show some acknowledgment of her, but it would really be surprising to me.

For those of you who are blowing this off pretending like it is nothing out of the ordinary, that really doesn't surprise me either...of course, if it had been a republican president, you would have been all over it.

when obama faced the republican incumbent, jack ryan, for the illinois senate seat, he raised a hew and cry over ryan's morality. ryan had a sloppy divorce from jeri ryan, the actress that somehow involved titty bars and lap dances.

the records were sealed for the sake of the two small kids. there was a lot of pressure and the right buttons were pressed to get the records unsealed. ryan bailed out for the kid's sake and obama beat the replacement easily. after the fact, he denied having anything to do with the people who got the records as if he hadn't been calling for them from the stump.

i think we have a new standard for smarmy politician

when obama faced the republican incumbent, jack ryan, for the illinois senate seat, he raised a hew and cry over ryan's morality. ryan had a sloppy divorce from jeri ryan, the actress that somehow involved titty bars and lap dances.

the records were sealed for the sake of the two small kids. there was a lot of pressure and the right buttons were pressed to get the records unsealed. ryan bailed out for the kid's sake and obama beat the replacement easily. after the fact, he denied having anything to do with the people who got the records as if he hadn't been calling for them from the stump.

ooooo..."smarmy" great word.

The man has no shame

The man has no shame

ya think smarmy works for rick perry too? who do you think is smarmier? smarmiest?

The man has no shame

ya think smarmy works for rick perry too? who do you think is smarmier? smarmiest?

hmmm...perry is pretty smarmy...but he DID get re-elected...so, I'm not sure he's the smarmiest...

The man has no shame

hmmm...perry is pretty smarmy...but he DID get re-elected...so, I'm not sure he's the smarmiest...

so this latest about the temporary mansion costs? more or less smarmy?

and if he gets re-elected again. does that add to or detract from his smarminess?

oh yeah! let's keep this on topic. gotta compare perry to obama for smarmy. i think what we have is two strains of smarmy: republithug and demorat.

hard to distinguish which is more smarmy
(you like how the word conjugates? i'll be right back --- gotta check the online dictionary)

oh yeah. this from merriam-webster online and i'll be darned if it doesn't fit perry, obama and 99.9% of all politicians

Main Entry: smarmy
Pronunciation: \ˈsmär-mē\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): smarm·i·er; smarm·i·est
Etymology: smarm to gush, slobber
Date: 1924
1 : revealing or marked by a smug, ingratiating, or false earnestness <a tone of smarmy self-satisfaction &#8212; New Yorker>
2 : of low sleazy taste or quality <smarmy eroticism>

&#8212; smarm·i·ly \-m&#601;-l&#275;\ adverb

&#8212; smarm·i·ness \-m&#275;-n&#601;s\ noun

Last edited:

so this latest about the temporary mansion costs? more or less smarmy?

and if he gets re-elected again. does that add to or detract from his smarminess?

oh yeah! let's keep this on topic. gotta compare perry to obama for smarmy. i think what we have is two strains of smarmy: republithug and demorat.

hard to distinguish which is more smarmy
(you like how the word conjugates? i'll be right back --- gotta check the online dictionary)

oh yeah. this from merriam-webster online and i'll be darned if it doesn't fit perry, obama and 99.9% of all politicians

Main Entry: smarmy
Pronunciation: \&#712;smär-m&#275;\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): smarm·i·er; smarm·i·est
Etymology: smarm to gush, slobber
Date: 1924
1 : revealing or marked by a smug, ingratiating, or false earnestness <a tone of smarmy self-satisfaction — New Yorker>
2 : of low sleazy taste or quality <smarmy eroticism>

— smarm·i·ly \-m&#601;-l&#275;\ adverb

— smarm·i·ness \-m&#275;-n&#601;s\ noun

yeah, the latest story on Gv Perry is certainly not a very flattering one. I'm wondering if he has crossed the line of no return with his base...of course, he can't run for Gov again, but where should or could he go from here? I think you'll see some dancing around the issue and soon other guilty parties will be revealed and the finger pointing will be insane. I just can't fathom the idea that he is the only one who has ever been caught with his hand in the wrong coffer. But if he escapes with little to no damage, then his smarmiciousness will be strengthened...

She's a vague relative of a relative of a father that abandoned him when he was 3 or 4.

I mean, it sucks that she's living in poverty, but she's not his "auntie".

Oh come on :rolleyes:... she attended his presidential inauguration for pete's sake, his Senate inauguration in 2004 as well. He's visited her in Kenya. She's visited him in Chicago. She gave money to his campaign, despite the fact that she's living on welfare, which he apparently had to return.

Obama's campaign said Onyango visited the family in Chicago on a tourist visa at Obama's invitation about nine years ago, stopping to visit friends on the East coast before returning to Kenya.

She attended Obama's swearing-in to the US Senate in 2004, but campaign officials said Obama provided no assistance in getting her a tourist visa and he does not know the details of her stay.

(more...)

Barack Obama's 'Auntie Zeituni' made illegal contributions to his campaign - Times Online
Michelle Malkin Partying in D.C.: Illegal alien/deportation fugitive Aunti Zeituni Onyango

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
you sure have a knack for biting off some chewy bits, girl.

i haven't done much digging into douchebag #44 but what i have seen tells me there is a whole lot more not being told than being disclosed.

a little bird is telling me that there was never much relation between obama and his father. as a consequence, his father's relatives aren't going to be high on his list either.

Look, my Daddy left the old country when he was only 2 years old. I have never laid eyes on some of my relations, and STILL, if I were wealthy and knew some little old lady Auntie of mine was suffering, I'd help her. And believe you me, I ain't no Mother Theresa.

What REALLY blows my mind is that the media has known that this lady exists since 2008 and NO ONE apparently has been hounding Obama about her. Diana Ross took shit for allowing Flo to die in miserable poverty...and Flo was not her FAMILY.

I'm pissed. Why come am I the only one who is?

Twice the courts found this womans claims to be unwarranted and twice she was ordered deported out of the United States. President Obama owes this woman nothing. She remained here under false pretenses looking for a free ride and yesterday some flunky judge granted her permission to stay in this Country. This is why judges should be elected to the bench and serve four years at a time. Appointments breed corruption. :neutral:

csbarry, I AGREE. She should have been sent away in 2000, when originally ordered to leave. And I have no doubt she would have left IF Obama had arranged for her to live decently elsewhere. No doubt she could have gone to, oh say, Cuba and Obama could have arranged for her decent housing and care there. Certainly has been done before, and will be again...by men and women who apparently care a bit more for their families than Obama does.

As to whether Auntie stays or goes, I could give a fuck. I'm sure the lawyers that defended her at the last immigration hearing are giving away their time, and if they found relief for her, who CARES? She STILL had to return home to The Projects after it was over. I gots to say, Kenya must really suck if little old ladies would rather live in The Projects in Cleveland than to return there.

Some days, I dream of Africa myself. And I live in the NICE part of Cleveland.

you sure have a knack for biting off some chewy bits, girl.

i haven't done much digging into douchebag #44 but what i have seen tells me there is a whole lot more not being told than being disclosed.

a little bird is telling me that there was never much relation between obama and his father. as a consequence, his father's relatives aren't going to be high on his list either.

Look, my Daddy left the old country when he was only 2 years old. I have never laid eyes on some of my relations, and STILL, if I were wealthy and knew some little old lady Auntie of mine was suffering, I'd help her. And believe you me, I ain't no Mother Theresa.

What REALLY blows my mind is that the media has known that this lady exists since 2008 and NO ONE apparently has been hounding Obama about her. Diana Ross took shit for allowing Flo to die in miserable poverty...and Flo was not her FAMILY.

I'm pissed. Why come am I the only one who is?

is it maybe projection of your own hurt and anger with your own family and the way they treat you or maybe (i hope this more than the first) your family youngers treat you and the rest of the elders right and it pisses you off that our nation's leader doesn't?

you see what murf76 posted? it looks like we should be pissed that they are playing stupid and denying what's going on than the apparent lack of concern obama has for his aunt.

i'm a chicago native --- the dude's whole game stinks and has been stinking from the very first time anybody ran him for office.

It will be interesting to see, now that Obama's aunt is legally in the U.S, whether he will step up and give her some help or if he will continue to allow the U.S taxpayers to take care of his family. My guess is that John Q. Public will continue to provide for Auntie. Also wondering if we'll get an explanation for who paid for Auntie's hip replacement and her other medical costs since we've all been told by Obama and his administration that illegal aliens don't get health care in the U.S. I'd also like to know about her government housing since illegals can't get welfare. Anyone?

The article I read said she's been on public assistance, and living in public housing. It sounds as if she is in Cleveland now. If Obama won't help her, mebbe I can find her lawyers and offer her some help. But to answer your question, if she's been receiving welfare she's almost certainly been receiving Medicaid. It is odd, an Ohio resident and illegal alien on welfare? I wonder if she used forged documents to obtain this aid...things she would not have had to do if Obama had spared her a thought.

But who visited her in the hospital? Who helped her get groceries in after she was sent home from the hospital? Who shoveled her sidewalk in the winter and cut her grass in the summer? I have NO USE for a wealthy man who turns out an older, obviously ill and distressed female relative like this.

Why isn't there more public outrage? We'd all be up in arms if he left his freaking dog on the side of the road. Do older ladies suddenly count less with the American public than dogs do?

SHAME SHAME SHAME.

nitzer_shame.jpeg

She's a vague relative of a relative of a father that abandoned him when he was 3 or 4.

I mean, it sucks that she's living in poverty, but she's not his "auntie".

Lemme see if I follow this logic. Obama's Daddy abandoned him, so that makes it okay for Obama to do his Auntie the same way?

WTF kind of ethics are those?

I don't care about one illegal immigrant applying for and gaining asylum. Even if the court did give her a break because of who her Nephew is. It is actually expected. What is puzzling and bothers me is Obama had to have known she was here in the states. In "Dreams from my father" he refers to her as "Aunti Zeituni", Yet he wants us to believe he didn't know she was in the USA for 8 years and 4 of those illegally.

BYW she received a social security card while she was legal, and got all the welfare and section 8 housing before her Visa expired. Seems no one checked up on her status. After she was illegal.

So he trots her out in his book to pad his resume when it suits him, but then ignores her plight in real life?

I am now truly nauseated.

you expect him to take someone in who he's never really known just because he is distantly related? Why? "Because she's family"? What does "family" mean without relationship? Without personal connection? Without roots?

We're all related to someone in some way. It's not his responsibility to care for someone he doesn't know who is engaging in illegal acts.

For $1,000 a month, he could have give her a decent standard of living here in Cleveland. He probably spends that much on the freaking DOG. FAMILY used to mean looking after older people and other dependents you are related to, and I have no idea whether he knew his Auntie growing up. Certainly sounds as if he did, but if not, how does that excuse turning his back on her now?

I certainly don't think he was obligated to move her into the White House. We don't have to shelter every family member in need under our own roofs...but if we have the means and they are in extremis, yes, we need to give them some MONEY.

Seems likely to me she came to the US in distress, hoping that Obama would help her. After all, if things had been all good in Kenya she'd still be there. I bet $50 she has reached out to him more than once. Seems VERY likely to me he could have helped her anytime he chose...and he has chosen not to.

I think he's scum. Make all the excuses you like for him. It ain't washing with me.

You calling it a strawman is a strawman ....... :eusa_whistle:

It's a strawman because:

1.) How do you know what anyone's opinion of taxes and entitlements?
2.) This thread's topic is "Obama's Auntie". Not "Obama's entitlements".

Not entirely, theDoctorisIn. This lady has been living off the US taxpayer because Obama shirked his duty. How's that a straw argument? Seems like a reasonable criticism to me.

Forum List

Back