Obama's Auntie?

Look, my Daddy left the old country when he was only 2 years old. I have never laid eyes on some of my relations, and STILL, if I were wealthy and knew some little old lady Auntie of mine was suffering, I'd help her. And believe you me, I ain't no Mother Theresa.

What REALLY blows my mind is that the media has known that this lady exists since 2008 and NO ONE apparently has been hounding Obama about her. Diana Ross took shit for allowing Flo to die in miserable poverty...and Flo was not her FAMILY.

I'm pissed. Why come am I the only one who is?
really? you'd throw your money at someone you don't even know even if there are more deserving causes you actually care about?

I see absolutely zero reason why he has any allegiance with this woman who he's never known and is here illegally. Zero. "because" it not a reason. "because she's step-family" is no better. connections have meaning. relationships have meaning. never seeing someone and then throwing money at them is meaningless.

Look, my Daddy left the old country when he was only 2 years old. I have never laid eyes on some of my relations, and STILL, if I were wealthy and knew some little old lady Auntie of mine was suffering, I'd help her. And believe you me, I ain't no Mother Theresa.

What REALLY blows my mind is that the media has known that this lady exists since 2008 and NO ONE apparently has been hounding Obama about her. Diana Ross took shit for allowing Flo to die in miserable poverty...and Flo was not her FAMILY.

I'm pissed. Why come am I the only one who is?
really? you'd throw your money at someone you don't even know even if there are more deserving causes you actually care about?

I see absolutely zero reason why he has any allegiance with this woman who he's never known and is here illegally. Zero. "because" it not a reason. "because she's step-family" is no better. connections have meaning. relationships have meaning. never seeing someone and then throwing money at them is meaningless.

We see things differently, then, SmarterThanHick. I did not say "give her enough money so she can live like a wealthy woman". I said "enough to live decently". If we still don't see eye to eye, all I can say is...I'm grateful I'm not your long lost Auntie.

BTW, YOU have been supporting this lady because Obama would not. That'd be just fine by you? Personally, I resent it.

Last edited:
We see things differently, then, SmarterThanHick. I did not say "give her enough money so she can live like a wealthy woman". I said "enough to live decently". If we still don't see eye to eye, all I can say is...I'm grateful I'm not your long lost Auntie.

BTW, YOU have been supporting this lady because Obama would not. That'd be just fine by you? Personally, I resent it.

And I would hope I'm your long last Auntie, so I can take your free money. You still have given me no reason why. You completely avoided that question.

And I would hope I'm your long last Auntie, so I can take your free money. You still have given me no reason why. You completely avoided that question.

She is his family. She needs help.

What more needs to be said?

For $1,000 a month, he could have give her a decent standard of living here in Cleveland. He probably spends that much on the freaking DOG. FAMILY used to mean looking after older people and other dependents you are related to, and I have no idea whether he knew his Auntie growing up. Certainly sounds as if he did, but if not, how does that excuse turning his back on her now?

I certainly don't think he was obligated to move her into the White House. We don't have to shelter every family member in need under our own roofs...but if we have the means and they are in extremis, yes, we need to give them some MONEY.

Seems likely to me she came to the US in distress, hoping that Obama would help her. After all, if things had been all good in Kenya she'd still be there. I bet $50 she has reached out to him more than once. Seems VERY likely to me he could have helped her anytime he chose...and he has chosen not to.

I think he's scum. Make all the excuses you like for him. It ain't washing with me.

That's passe. The in thing now is to have uncle be the sole provider with joe taxpayer footing the bill . . . this is how redistribution of wealth works. Sucks to be auntie but hey, it takes a government to keep someone down.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
"because" it not a reason. "because she's step-family" is no better. connections have meaning. relationships have meaning. never seeing someone and then throwing money at them is meaningless.

She is his family. She needs help.

care to try again? what makes her family anyway?

First of all, from what I've read she's Obama's blood. She's his Daddy's sister. Evidentially he has acknowledged this relationship. It isn't like this lady is some con artist, claiming a blood tie that is highly doubtful.

I dunno what to tell ya, SmarterThanHick. Obama is not an Average Joe just trying to get by and if he were, I might be more understanding. But he's wealthy, and what he gives his Auntie will not affect what he is able to do for his children or for Michelle...or even for the freaking DOG.

We don't see this in the same way. I'm good with that. I think everyone reading this thread is clear that you and I do not agree. Is there any need to go on gnawing on this bone?

For $1,000 a month, he could have give her a decent standard of living here in Cleveland. He probably spends that much on the freaking DOG. FAMILY used to mean looking after older people and other dependents you are related to, and I have no idea whether he knew his Auntie growing up. Certainly sounds as if he did, but if not, how does that excuse turning his back on her now?

I certainly don't think he was obligated to move her into the White House. We don't have to shelter every family member in need under our own roofs...but if we have the means and they are in extremis, yes, we need to give them some MONEY.

Seems likely to me she came to the US in distress, hoping that Obama would help her. After all, if things had been all good in Kenya she'd still be there. I bet $50 she has reached out to him more than once. Seems VERY likely to me he could have helped her anytime he chose...and he has chosen not to.

I think he's scum. Make all the excuses you like for him. It ain't washing with me.

That's passe. The in thing now is to have uncle be the sole provider with joe taxpayer footing the bill . . . this is how redistribution of wealth works. Sucks to be auntie but hey, it takes a government to keep someone down.

Why come the Republican Party isn't parading Auntie around to humiliate Obama with his lack of family values? Not to be cynical, but Obama's conduct here is outrageous. They finally have him dead to rights, so why aren't they moving in for the kill?

Can't you just imagine the interviews she could give? "He wouldn't take my calls." "I was terrified to go to the hospital with only Medicaid insurance." "I didn't expect to end up living this way when I emigrated here." Let her get interviewed on "Larry King" and cry her eyes out. Americans will be looking at Mr Wonderful with new eyes.

I think Michael Steele is asleep at the wheel, myself. If I were running the RNC, this lady would be my new best friend.

I don't care about one illegal immigrant applying for and gaining asylum. Even if the court did give her a break because of who her Nephew is. It is actually expected. What is puzzling and bothers me is Obama had to have known she was here in the states. In "Dreams from my father" he refers to her as "Aunti Zeituni", Yet he wants us to believe he didn't know she was in the USA for 8 years and 4 of those illegally.

BYW she received a social security card while she was legal, and got all the welfare and section 8 housing before her Visa expired. Seems no one checked up on her status. After she was illegal.

So he trots her out in his book to pad his resume when it suits him, but then ignores her plight in real life?

I am now truly nauseated.

You got it.

I still suspect they let her here because she is relative with president. That may be unfair to others ...

I don't care about one illegal immigrant applying for and gaining asylum. Even if the court did give her a break because of who her Nephew is. It is actually expected. What is puzzling and bothers me is Obama had to have known she was here in the states. In "Dreams from my father" he refers to her as "Aunti Zeituni", Yet he wants us to believe he didn't know she was in the USA for 8 years and 4 of those illegally.

BYW she received a social security card while she was legal, and got all the welfare and section 8 housing before her Visa expired. Seems no one checked up on her status. After she was illegal.

So he trots her out in his book to pad his resume when it suits him, but then ignores her plight in real life?

Ya think that maybe you don't know the whole story? It's not like he isn't busy. He doesn't strike me as heartless. Perhaps there is more to her circumstance that hasn't come to light. Your idea of immediate family is a bit broader than mine. Something about this smells a rat. If she is publicly trying to embarrass the prez maybe the whole story needs to be revealed.

First of all, from what I've read she's Obama's blood. She's his Daddy's sister. Evidentially he has acknowledged this relationship. It isn't like this lady is some con artist, claiming a blood tie that is highly doubtful.

I dunno what to tell ya, SmarterThanHick. Obama is not an Average Joe just trying to get by and if he were, I might be more understanding. But he's wealthy, and what he gives his Auntie will not affect what he is able to do for his children or for Michelle...or even for the freaking DOG.

We don't see this in the same way. I'm good with that. I think everyone reading this thread is clear that you and I do not agree. Is there any need to go on gnawing on this bone?
yes, it's clear to me that we simply share a different opinion, but I'm trying to figure out WHY you believe she has any significance to him simply because of shared genes. Why does blood relation matter to you? You still haven't answered this. I don't mean to put you on the spot, but I'm looking for logic behind your emotion.

yes, it's clear to me that we simply share a different opinion, but I'm trying to figure out WHY you believe she has any significance to him simply because of shared genes. Why does blood relation matter to you? You still haven't answered this. I don't mean to put you on the spot, but I'm looking for logic behind your emotion.

I'm just as bumfuddled by the replies you have made, SmarterThanHick. My folks died when I was very young, only 5. There was just my brother and I, and my Daddy had a huge family who were here and who had known me. Apparently my Mommy had a big family too, but until lately that's been some deep dark secret. Anyway, the relatives confabbed and decided to dump me and my brother into a Catholic orphanage. See ya. Next time I saw most of them was at my Grandma's funeral, when I was 19.

So if anyone has a reason to turn their back on family, I think I have earned mine. Yet even though I am NOT rich, if some old lady in my family was suffering and I knew where she was, I'd help her. Even the old ladies back in the old country, I'd help them too. If I were wealthy I might hire a private investigator just to find everyone and see if they were all doing okay.

I am mystified as to why we all seem to be good with Obama doing NOTHING to help his own Auntie. Did we revoke family values in this country whilst I slept on Monday night?

You have asked me for logic, and there is none, SmarterThanHick. If family does not mean something to you, apart from those under your own roof, then I cannot explain why it should. I guess I am waaaaaaayyyyyy out of touch with the new "everyone get whatever they can on their own and to hell with anyone else" motif that seems to have taken hold here.

But I ain't budging. Some things are wrong, and this is one of them.

Ya think that maybe you don't know the whole story? It's not like he isn't busy. He doesn't strike me as heartless. Perhaps there is more to her circumstance that hasn't come to light. Your idea of immediate family is a bit broader than mine. Something about this smells a rat. If she is publicly trying to embarrass the prez maybe the whole story needs to be revealed.

If she was collecting $10,000 a pop to interview with a string of "news shows", I might agree. But I know she ain't because NO ONE lives in The Projects in Cleveland one fucking nano-second longer than they have to.

I presume she made the news only because she won her immigration hearing.

And if Obama thinks he has a good excuse for his neglect, let him choke on it. Nothing excuses this kind of heartless neglect, at least not in my book.

Last edited:
You have asked me for logic, and there is none, SmarterThanHick.
I think this sums it up nicely.

If family does not mean something to you, apart from those under your own roof, then I cannot explain why it should.
"Family" means the people I love and share a personal connection to. It is not bound by roofs or blood, but by relationship.

So I understand your perspective: you have abandonment issues and strive to prevent that in others. Perfectly reasonable and admirable. But personal prompts don't mean others ignoring similar issues makes them wrong. It means they don't have the emotion you do.

So I understand your point of view. Do you understand mine? I'm not asking if you agree with it, I'm asking if you have the capacity to understand a viewpoint outside of your own and WHY it is valid but different.

Forum List

Back