An entire family was murdered in New Orleans and the national media didn't bat an eye

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
Funny how the SCLM chooses its stories. A whole family gets shot to death in New Orleans and they don't even notice.

Mother, her two children and sister in grisly slaying mourned by family members | - NOLA.com

I guess this family just didn't have that "All American" look that the media likes so much.

jamare-rossjpg-a918f3c89810e834_small.jpg

joseph-davisjpg-83ec0cfeed83cdb2_small.jpg

angel-davisjpg-913d6ad13c0765c8_small.jpg

malika-davisjpg-32496c43c26c1107_small.jpg

Poor folks couldn't even pay for the funeral.
Relatives of four members of a New Orleans family murdered last week in their 9th Ward home are struggling to pay for the funeral, which is scheduled Friday.
Murdered New Orleans family to be buried Friday, at funeral relatives cannot afford | - NOLA.com

If this story had been national news, even just for 30 seconds, wonder how many good people would have donated money to these folks to help them with their funeral expenses. Tons would have.

Funny how the SCLM chooses its stories. A whole family gets shot to death in New Orleans and they don't even notice.

Mother, her two children and sister in grisly slaying mourned by family members | - NOLA.com

I guess this family just didn't have that "All American" look that the media likes so much.

Relatives of four members of a New Orleans family murdered last week in their 9th Ward home are struggling to pay for the funeral, which is scheduled Friday.
Murdered New Orleans family to be buried Friday, at funeral relatives cannot afford | - NOLA.com

If this story had been national news, even just for 30 seconds, wonder how many good people would have donated money to these folks to help them with their funeral expenses. Tons would have.

Whiney baby

Er..the media wrote the article about them?

My guess is a black relative committed the crime. The media's not interested unless there are racial overtones. If a white guy had killed this family, it would be plastered all over the place.

Also sometimes the media isn't all over DV stories. They're so common, and it's rather pointless to make a huge thing out of them over and over and over again.

Spiderman, that is tragic. And you are right, the media 99% of the time like to focus on the pretty white girls murder more than something like this.

But,,,,,this type of thing is common everywhere. We had a guy kill 7 people in a house a few years ago here in Indy, did it make national news? No. How about the 3 that were murdered 2 days ago about 10 miles from where I live, did you hear about that too?

Face it, stories like what you are talking about stay local.

And we know why, the tragic deaths of pretty white girls sells better than something like what happened to these poor kids.

It is terrible, Spiderman Tuba. It happens here in Cleveland as well. I'd imagine it happens everywhere.

Are there survivors? I'd rather donate to a trust fund for them than to defray funeral expenses...just a personal preference. If you have some links, let us know, please.

Spiderman, that is tragic. And you are right, the media 99% of the time like to focus on the pretty white girls murder more than something like this.

But,,,,,this type of thing is common everywhere. We had a guy kill 7 people in a house a few years ago here in Indy, did it make national news?

Actually it was on America's Most Wanted. The victims were Hispanic though, right? Not all American enough.

If 7 white people had been murdered in the Country Club you can bet it'd be everywhere.

Anytime kids get murdered it's tragic because all they did was to see something they shouldn't have.

Er..the media wrote the article about them?

My guess is a black relative committed the crime. The media's not interested unless there are racial overtones. If a white guy had killed this family, it would be plastered all over the place.

Also sometimes the media isn't all over DV stories. They're so common, and it's rather pointless to make a huge thing out of them over and over and over again.

Actually if the FAMILY was white, it would have been covered more. With the ages of those kids, Nancy Grace would have done a month on this.

Forum List

Back