Obamacare.......the good stuff.

I didn't look at the chart but I KNOW that costs are rising and I hear that wait times for surgery is also rising L.L. .

[chuckle] yeah , thanxs L.L. !! Didn't look at the charts because I am only interested in pointing out the failure of 'obamacare' and increased costs and longer waiting times are failures compared to what Americans used to have .

almost fergot , but hey obamacare would be alright with me except for the MANDATE to buy L.L. !!

almost fergot , but hey obamacare would be alright with me except for the MANDATE to buy L.L. !!

The mandate is simply making Americans take personal responsibility for their health insurance. You can choose not to buy it. If you do, you'll be billed an small amount that will be used to fund your care....and that of your children.....should the need arise and you ain't got the dough.

When something has proven to be effective across the globe......and we have actual verifiable results that point to the fact that single payer health care systems are better.....it's an easy call.

One of the more striking things for me is all the energy people put into arguing the CBO projections five years ago. Were they being too optimistic, underestimating the true cost of the ACA? Were they being too pessimistic about the law's potential to curb rising costs, overestimating how much it would actually cost?

Thread after thread, argument after argument. For years.

And then the data started coming, the actual situation became increasingly clear and it seems like that barely made a splash. Yet the news is huge.

Future Obamacare Costs Keep Falling
Overall, the health-care law will now cost 29% less for the 2015-19 period than was first forecast by the CBO when the law was signed in March 2010. Back then, the CBO and the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation estimated that for the last five years of their 10-year projection, Obamacare would cost $710 billion. Now, they expect it will cost $506 billion for the same period.

I'd like to know when, historically, ANY GOV'T PROGRAM cost less than was projected?

That was part of my point: the ACA is quickly becoming the best example. And yet that fact gets surprisingly little attention.

It cost about ~20-25% less in FY14 than it was projected to five years ago. It's on track to cost 30% less over the rest of the decade than was projected.

All while the Medicare savings it needed to offset new spending are coming in well above what was expected five years ago.

I always had health Insurance so the 'mandate' doesn't have anything at all to do with ME having health insvrance LL .

well , that's their problem, not mine . First , there is the MANDATE and then obamacare has rising costs and like I said wait times for services are rising LL .

well , that's their problem, not mine . First , there is the MANDATE and then obamacare has rising costs and like I said wait times for services are rising LL .

It is our problem. We end up paying for them. Don't you know that?

What rising costs? Wait times are increasing? Where?

hey , read my posts , the simple MANDATE by Government is enough reason to oppose 'obammacare . As far as the costs and wait times , its been reported in he news , various places but the main problem is the MANDATE !! I oppose simply because of the MANDATE LL !!

I didn't look at the chart but I KNOW that costs are rising and I hear that wait times for surgery is also rising L.L. .
anecdotal evidence much? :eusa_eh: :eusa_hand:

iMKmQIl.png

I'm only interested in my personal individual experience 'DOT' , your experience while it may be interesting is really None of my business or concern !!

The mandate is simply making Americans take personal responsibility for their health insurance. You can choose not to buy it. If you do, you'll be billed an small amount that will be used to fund your care....and that of your children.....should the need arise and you ain't got the dough.

When something has proven to be effective across the globe......and we have actual verifiable results that point to the fact that single payer health care systems are better.....it's an easy call.
While I don't agree with your logic, I do agree with the single payer solution.

Dose make any sense?

not to me Muhamed , to me an individual should buy his own insurance with his own money if he even wants to by insurance as its a personal choice and not governments place to decree .

Forum List

Back