Taylor Swift's Releases "Boring Banal" Album

crossbody

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2024
Critics, meanwhile, say that The Tortured Poets Department shows no big growth in terms of musical stylings. Others questioned whether Swift was doing more of the same in terms of the synth-pop sound her longtime collaborator Antonoff is famous for.

Variety says
, “In this album’s most bracing songs, it’s like she brought a knife to a fistfight,” they wrote. “There’s blood on the tracks, good blood.”

Business Insider says, Wasn’t a fan of the sound Antonoff brought to the project with the lead single “Fortnight,” stating “the song immediately sounds like a Midnights B-side: boring, banal, and exactly what I do not want from this album.”

Slate said, the album “doesn’t show much growth lyrically beyond the Folklorestage,” adding that “musically, it mostly carries on in the manner of her past few albums.”

The Telegraph
... -the Telegraph said that though these songs were “less commercially focused” than the previous 16, there is “no discernible drop of quality.”

After doing a massive tour her people may have just thrown an album together and released it too soon. Leaving no time for any quality input or "themed growth"

Factor in the comparison with with Beyonce new album "Cowboy Carter" which shows an abundance of growth, and has new theme, new musical genre, and new cowboy hat/boots dance moves. It's a quality album.

Quality over Quantity for Beyonce

It could be that love overshadowed Taylor's creative side on this one. She has been in the business way too long to do limited.

Critics, meanwhile, say that The Tortured Poets Department shows no big growth in terms of musical stylings. Others questioned whether Swift was doing more of the same in terms of the synth-pop sound her longtime collaborator Antonoff is famous for.

Variety says, “In this album’s most bracing songs, it’s like she brought a knife to a fistfight,” they wrote. “There’s blood on the tracks, good blood.”

Business Insider says, Wasn’t a fan of the sound Antonoff brought to the project with the lead single “Fortnight,” stating “the song immediately sounds like a Midnights B-side: boring, banal, and exactly what I do not want from this album.”

Slate said, the album “doesn’t show much growth lyrically beyond the Folklorestage,” adding that “musically, it mostly carries on in the manner of her past few albums.”

The Telegraph... -the Telegraph said that though these songs were “less commercially focused” than the previous 16, there is “no discernible drop of quality.”

And yet she will make an obscene amount of money off of it.

She is a one trick pony. You can only package “ I suck at relationships” so many ways
I don't think Taylor Swift is a one trick pony, she did change from country to pop in a creative style. This time "love" blurred the lines for her with this album. There is nothing there.

Beyonce album is so much fun, but Taylor Swift brought darkness, more of the same old an ex broke her heart, a catfight with a female (last time Katy Perry this time Kim Kardarshian), etc... same old kid stuff- no growth no fun music, no revolutionary mantra.

Last edited:
I only heard limited excerpts of several songs

I don’t see any range in her voice the songs all seem to be the same
With pop music if you don't "Bring It" they come down real hard on you.

Beyonce song topped the country music charts at #1

Last edited:
I only heard limited excerpts of several songs

I don’t see any range in her voice the songs all seem to be the same

Really? ... what the hell are you listening to that you should be exposed to Taylor Swift music? ... EWWWWWWWWWWWWW ...

I had you pegged as a Deep Purple kind of guy ... set volume to 11 please ...

Really? ... what the hell are you listening to that you should be exposed to Taylor Swift music? ... EWWWWWWWWWWWWW ...

I had you pegged as a Deep Purple kind of guy ... set volume to 11 please ...

It is one of those…What is the fuss all about?

She seems like a good performer, pleasant, her songs seem catchy.

But she is hardly one of the best female vocalists or performers I have seen

It is one of those…What is the fuss all about?

She seems like a good performer, pleasant, her songs seem catchy.

But she is hardly one of the best female vocalists or performers I have seen

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ...........

Rightwinger is a SWIFTY ....

Not a 49er fan then eh? ...

Is that what you found out when you did it?
No on the independent scene you have more freedom to do what you want and not put out an over manufactured album to try and sell as many copies as possible. It’s the difference between doing music for the love of it instead of for the paycheck

Rightwinger is a SWIFTY ....

Not a 49er fan then eh? ...

To be honest, I find her music to be more palatable than most of todays performers
I could sit through a Taylor Swift concert.

I just don’t see anything special about her music.
Her voice is limited, her songs are not groundbreaking, her guitar playing is average.

Forum List

Back