Obamacare just ruined my life

Wait till this hits liberals in the wallet. Their lives may be ruined as well.

In the year of 2015, we can certainly see the effect it has had.

Look! The guy with a ruined life has survived the apocalypse! Way to go, dummy!

Wait.....aren't you supposed to be packing for the academy by now? Preparing for your government controlled health care? You lying fuck, you.

Wait.....aren't you supposed to be packing for the academy by now? Preparing for your government controlled health care? You lying fuck, you.
^ JERK THINKS IT'S FUNNY TO STEAL FOOD OFF CHILDREN'S TABLES THEN DANCE THE HAPPY DANCE OVER THEIR FACES

^ JERK THINKS IT'S FUNNY TO STEAL FOOD OFF CHILDREN'S TABLES THEN DANCE THE HAPPY DANCE OVER THEIR FACES

What r u talking about, dummy?

No I'm not talking about dummy, I'm talking about you and your other pro-redistribution of income friends.

No I'm not talking about dummy, I'm talking about you and your other pro-redistribution of income friends.

You gettin' high this afternoon?

Not yet.

Not yet.

Fooled me. Give me some of what you haven't had yet, then.

My husband and I are definitely senior citizens and he is currently going through a series of treatments for cancer. And we, on a limited fixed income, are experiencing the joys of Obamacare up close and personal.

Before Obamacare we paid a reasonable copay at the doctor's office and we paid it once for the initial visit and not for any follow up visits. Our hospital copay was $200 for inpatient care and the same as the doctor's visit for outpatient care.

Now that Obamacare has kicked in, our copay has increased by 75% and we have to pay it every time we see the doctor, the hospital copay has increased 200% and now applies to outpatient procedures too, several things that were once covered are no longer covered and our monthly premiums have increased 38%.

Both he and I have lost our primary care doctors and he lost his cancer doctor as all left the system rather than deal with Obamacare.

But by golly I have maternity coverage.

Isn't it just wonderful?
BULLSHIT, Obamacare has nothing to do with seniors, seniors use medicare. Nothing has changed with MY medicare and I'm sure none of those changes happened to your medicare either.

Dear edthecynic and Foxfyre
Arguing about whether or not Obama care works
comes across to me like arguing whether spiritual healing as practiced in Christianity works and reduces
costs and complications of health issues (as well as curing the cause of addiction, abuse etc etc)

Ed and Fox REGARDLESS what works how,
What the Constitutional opposition objects to is
why is Govt in charge of regulating this for citizens;
similar to if Christian spiritual healing were to required by Govt for all citizens to fund.

If you can imagine that scenario,
half the people would be arguing to separate this from Govt,
while the other half would be arguing "but it still works the same"

What has CHANGED with ACA is the FORCED RELATIONSHIP.
People are now REQUIRED to either buy insurance or have a growing percentage
of salary/income taken out by federal govt and paid into this system we didn't vote on.

That will continue to be the underlying issue.
The fact requirements were added that are MANDATORY.

That issue can't be resolved by sidetracking and addressing
"whether or not things work the same, different better or worse"

The issue is the RELATIONSHIP with citizens and govt,
and whether or not these programs are VOLUNTARY.

That's always been the underlying issue.
The other issues are symptoms or projections of the root conflict that is being avoided.

As I recall, when Medicare kicked in in 1966, it took about 6 years before the Right finally stopped claiming that America had been taken over by the communists.

{sigh}

Not yet.

Fooled me. Give me some of what you haven't had yet, then.
it gone...

...this was unforseen...
Unforeseen?

Nonsense.

People were warning about this ages ago.

A blind man could have seen it coming a mile away.

...and is a result of pub fear mongering and pub/pub dupe owners...
No.

This is a result of the LIberals who dreamed-up and rammed this shit through Congress, not listening to those earlier common-sense warnings.

We'll just have to wait until it hits you personally, I guess, before we see a change in your own attitude on the subject.

...this was unforseen...
Unforeseen?

Nonsense.

People were warning about this ages ago.

A blind man could have seen it coming a mile away.

...and is a result of pub fear mongering and pub/pub dupe owners...
No.

This is a result of the LIberals who dreamed-up and rammed this shit through Congress, not listening to those earlier common-sense warnings.

We'll just have to wait until it hits you personally, I guess, before we see a change in your own attitude on the subject.
Way to take my quotes so out of context even I have no clue what I was talking about. Just like your lying scumbag bought off greedy heroes...

BREAKING for hater dupes: O-Care is doing great- the ACTUAL costs are in. Except in mindless red states and areas, of course....

Last edited:
I just received a letter from my job stating that no one will be working more than 30 hours a week.

I normally worked 48-52 hours per week generating 10 hours of regular play, and 8-12 hours of overtime time. Each hour I work averages an ADDITIONAL $ 11.25 in tips.

This means each week I will now be losing (20)(11.25) + (10)(10.50) + (10)(16.25) dollars per week.

I will now be losing an average of $ 492.50 per week.

This is nearly $ 2,000 per month.

Almost $24,000 a year ($ 23,640)

I can no longer afford my own private healthcare coverage --- thanks to Obamacare.

I will also have to find a second job, and DROP two classes at Stony Brook University.

So now I will make less money, work more hours, and it will take longer to complete my degree.

My life has been ruined by the parasites.

Obamacare just ruined my life.
Any of that turn out to be factual? If so, find a not fear mongered hater dupe boss....

...Way to take my quotes so out of context even I have no clue what I was talking about...
Your quote was not taken out of context.

It was merely visually isolated in order to zero-in on it.

You were in the middle of dissing Republicans and business owners as being to-blame for our posting colleague's healthcare -related misfortune.

I was in the middle of spraying some metaphorical antiseptic solution on that festering pack of lies.

...Just like your lying scumbag bought off greedy heroes...
What lying scumbag bought-off greedy heroes would those be?

And what the hell does that have to do with the idea that ObamaCare is triggering scores of thousands of such casualties across our national landscape?

...BREAKING for hater dupes: O-Care is doing great- the ACTUAL costs are in. Except in mindless red states and areas, of course....
Is it paying for itself yet?

If "No", then, it's not doing as 'great' as you seem to believe, and it will not prove sustainable.

ACA would have ruined my life, if I had not retired. As VP of underwriting for several HMO's, my profession was to deny coverage for people with pre-existing medical conditions.

Your current company is just as much to blame as ObamaCare.

How is that,this should be a good one.

The company obviously never offered health insurance to their employees. So it is a shitty job at a shitty employer.

That's completely unfounded. Lot's of good jobs don't provide health insurance as part of the compensation package.

Ah. So nice to know that'll never be me. My UNION CONTACT requires a 40 hour work week. It requires health care be provided at a reasonable cost. It does not allow the Company to force me to work OT except in extreme circumstances.

Sound's like you bit off more than you can chew dude. Sorry to hear that but it's your problem, not ours. Obamacare may be crap but it seems you've got bigger problems.

Forum List

Back