Obamacare just ruined my life

"by every measure except one" By every measure but one, water kill you when you drink it. Sulfuric acid is a liquid.... water is a liquid. Sulfuric acid is a solvent... Water is a solvent. By every measure but one, water is poisonous. Oh, except that one measure that it isn't.

By definition, a ponzi scheme is fraudulent. "by every measure except one" Yeah, by the only one that counts. SSI is not fraudulent. It is not illegal. It is not a ponzi scheme. It is a mandated social insurance program.

I think we should get paid for educating children here.

Yes, I should get paid for educating you. Unfortunately, your perfomance on learning is below par.

Your performance on jerking off your own feelings is very high though, you get an "A" for being a jerk off.

Ooooooo, strict disciplinarian.:eek:

btw, I think you got my post wrong. I was not talking about you. I was talking about the person you quoted.

Last edited:
The problem as I see it that is going on here in this banter is this. Years ago some effort was made to convince the public that the way to save SS was kill it and privatize it. Part of this effort including planting false ideas in peoples understanding of SS and what it is. People were infuenced into thinking of it in terms of an "investment" and convinced that they could do better by investing privately. Made sense as long as the insurance aspect was left out and it was pointed out that a person could loose huge amounts in the stock market. Once the investment aspect was discredited that dog stopped hunting.
The phrase Ponzi Scheme was used as a scare tactic. People were led to believe the government was involved in some fraudulent and crimminal activity and just collecting your money out of every paycheck, using a little to pay reciepients and squandering or stealing the rest. "The money won't be there when it is your turn to collect" was the mantra. The SS Reserve was nothing more than worthless IOU's was the implication. This was debunked and discredited too. The so called worthless IOU's were owed and quarenteed by the government in the form of Treasury Notes. Only the default of the USA on it's debt's would result in participants of the program not being paid.
Hence, we are just rehashing a propaganda campaign that died and was buried a decade ago with a guy that for whatever reason, just refuses to accept reality and seems to get somewhat angry and insulting when facts and reality are put in front of him.

The problem as I see it that is going on here in this banter is this. Years ago some effort was made to convince the public that the way to save SS was kill it and privatize it. Part of this effort including planting false ideas in peoples understanding of SS and what it is. People were infuenced into thinking of it in terms of an "investment" and convinced that they could do better by investing privately. Made sense as long as the insurance aspect was left out and it was pointed out that a person could loose huge amounts in the stock market. Once the investment aspect was discredited that dog stopped hunting.
The phrase Ponzi Scheme was used as a scare tactic. People were led to believe the government was involved in some fraudulent and crimminal activity and just collecting your money out of every paycheck, using a little to pay reciepients and squandering or stealing the rest. "The money won't be there when it is your turn to collect" was the mantra. The SS Reserve was nothing more than worthless IOU's was the implication. This was debunked and discredited too. The so called worthless IOU's were owed and quarenteed by the government in the form of Treasury Notes. Only the default of the USA on it's debt's would result in participants of the program not being paid.
Hence, we are just rehashing a propaganda campaign that died and was buried a decade ago with a guy that for whatever reason, just refuses to accept reality and seems to get somewhat angry and insulting when facts and reality are put in front of him.

ROFL you must be one of those koolaid drunks that believe the 17trillion+ debt and 50+ trillion in unfunded SS/Medicare promises are just a drop in the bucket to be kicked along to your children.

DESPICABLE. I spit on your shoes.

Last edited:

That's what republicans have always done. They don't run for something. They run against something.

They are trying to do it with obama care but people have wised up to their demonetization of their opponent's successes.

Last edited:
your kids still too young to work.?

One is an ER nurse at a trauma one center, might get married off soon. One son in college studying for his BSEE. One son in HS will probably be the valedictorian. The boys have part time jobs.
so what you is is a half truth.

Perhaps. I've deposited millions in taxes during my "high" earning years. Most of which I would have preferred go to deserving charities and my children. Instead of just sending my boy away at college food money I send him away with bunch of frozen chicken that I get on sale for 1-2 bucks a pound, bulk rice, frozen veggies etc. every couple weeks. Teaching him the value of money, and it's nice to have him come home once in a while when he runs short :)

I suppose you can make mountains out of mole hills if you try hard enough.

Last edited:
Charities are bullshit? My children don't deserve what I want to give them? Or Taxes are bullshit?

If you mean high taxes are bullshit.. I agree. They are bullshit.
wrong! your story reeks of bullshit.
Which part dirt bag. Man up. Stop hiding behind broad accusations. Be specific.
I thought it was highly specific.
unless you won the lottery or were a trust fund baby or invented a game changing product ,big in showbiz (well not the last one I was in the biz for 30 years and I'd have recognized you)
how could you afford millions in taxes ?

wrong! your story reeks of bullshit.
Which part dirt bag. Man up. Stop hiding behind broad accusations. Be specific.
I thought it was highly specific.
unless you won the lottery or were a trust fund baby or invented a game changing product ,big in showbiz (well not the last one I was in the biz for 30 years and I'd have recognized you)
how could you afford millions in taxes ?

I can't afford millions in taxes that's my point.

10years over 100k, 5years over 150k, 5years over 200k, 5years over 250k / Corporate Income tax, Personal Income tax, SS, Med, Sales tax, Real Estate Tax... all add up to about 50%. Do the math.

I'm a computer software guy... Don't know anything about the Hollywood scene. I'm done working hard to pay high taxes now, gonna coast from here on in.

Funny you mentioned inventions... I'm the primary inventor on a few hundred patents.

Last edited:
Wrong. The amount of money you get from SS is already adjusted based on the amount put in. I'm not talking about complicating it. I'm talking about removing the injustice of capping the adjustment to returns for earning 69k income vs cap for the amount put in which is currently set to cap at 113k. I find it disgusting that the middle class who make between 69 and 113k are being singled out for this injustice.

" The amount of money you get from SS is already adjusted based on the amount put in. ".

I never said it wasn't. You cannot read. You make up shit to argue about.

It isn't an injustice. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it an injustice. SSI does what it can with the money that it collects. It cannot pay out more than it collected and maintains a trust fund to manage things over the long term.

In my opinion, SSI should be reduced for every dollar you collect from other personal retirement funds, like a 401K.

You said "Who told you that laws and taxes are suppose to be adjusted precisely to you personally? It would be nice, but it would also be ridiculously inefficient. We would end up paying many factors more to manage such a thing." In response I explained that this is already the case. Then you cry you never said it wasn't. Are you retarded? Never mind that is clear from your declaration that you don't deserve SS checks if you have a 401k plan. My god what the hell is wrong with you retarded 7-Eleven clerks.

Having a tax bracket isn't adjusting for you personally. You know what "personally" means, don't you?

Forum List

Back