Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

What was the "reason" they gave for awarding Obama? being half black?

:lol: If you honestly think that Elvis, then I thought too highly of you. Did you even bother to look up why they gave it to him? Or just bitched about it? :eusa_eh:

Again, you're ignoring my point over this.

Why? Because what was at one point a legitimate award for service to the world has turned into a laughing stock because of corruption. The givers have made it worthless. And that's a tragedy.

Alfred Nobel, the man who endowed the award, invented dynamite, and in the process, accidentally killed 5 people, including his younger brother. Irony has always abounded for the Nobel Prizes.

I'd like to see some evidence of this so-called "corruption" though.
Why did Jorge Luis Borges never win the literature prize? How about Robertson Davies?

Does anyone remember that doctor that swore Terri S. was a coherent responding person...someone nominated him for a Nobel, no one knows why, and for a couple of months it was the most prestigeous award even know to mankind.

Then that faded when Al Gore won it, it went back to being nothing more than toilet paper.

But you're right, Dogbert, it's amazing to watch the rightwing melt down over a meaningless award.:lol:

:lol: If you honestly think that Elvis, then I thought too highly of you. Did you even bother to look up why they gave it to him? Or just bitched about it? :eusa_eh:

Again, you're ignoring my point over this.

I didn't. I just heard about it via text message on the way home. I am trying to guess how he won this award if not for being the first American President of color.

Because the BHO groupies are jizzing their pants over it.

So, we'll laugh at you and remind you that it's nothing. SNL found similar humor in it, too.

Jizz in My Pants

Except the fucktards on the right, perhaps even you are jizzing your pants over it too. Why laugh at me? I think this entire thing from both sides is a complete joke. The fact people put such merit into a award of "peace" created by the inventor of Dynamite in the first place is a joke.
[Emphasis added] I love the English language. The lack of differentiation between a general you and a personal you makes one fill in the vacuum with their own special neurosis. ;)

Last edited:
I don't know who else has won it. But it is CERTAINLY worthless now.

Do you know anything about Alfred Nobel? Look up what he created. You think he created peaceful things? :eusa_eh:

He got it under the affirmative action program. So he wasn't held to the same standard as white candidates, to make up for centuries of discrimination.
See, white candidates actually have to do something. Black candidates merely have to have good intentions and speak well.

Of for the love of God. He won. Good.

But it takes a special brand of dishonesty or myopia to pretend that he "deserved" it.

Jeez.

If anybody can tell me what he did to actually EARN it (based on what he has accomplished in the two or so weeks he was in office at the close of the nominations for a Nobel Prize -- or even based on anything and everythinghe has EVER accomplished in his whole life), I will be SHOCKED.

Prove me wrong.

you don't think dynamite has other uses besides killing?

Doesn't matter if they have other uses besides killing, they have killed too many to count. There is a reason why Nobel was called "The Merchant of Death."

Nobel Prize History - How the First Nobel Prizes Were Awarded

A pacifist at heart and an inventor by nature, Swedish chemist Alfred Nobel invented dynamite. However, the invention that he thought would end all wars was seen by many others as an extremely deadly product. In 1888, when Alfred's brother Ludvig died, a French newspaper mistakenly ran an obituary for Alfred which called him the "merchant of death."

Not wanting to go down in history with such a horrible epitaph, Nobel created a will that soon shocked his relatives and established the now famous Nobel Prizes.

People like him think if they create such dangerous weapons, mankind will stop going to war because of their body count. People like him are naive and blinded by such stupidity.

Richard J. Gatling had the same mindset.

Doesn't matter if they have other uses besides killing, they have killed too many to count. There is a reason why Nobel was called "The Merchant of Death."

Nobel Prize History - How the First Nobel Prizes Were Awarded

A pacifist at heart and an inventor by nature, Swedish chemist Alfred Nobel invented dynamite. However, the invention that he thought would end all wars was seen by many others as an extremely deadly product. In 1888, when Alfred's brother Ludvig died, a French newspaper mistakenly ran an obituary for Alfred which called him the "merchant of death."

Not wanting to go down in history with such a horrible epitaph, Nobel created a will that soon shocked his relatives and established the now famous Nobel Prizes.

People like him think if they create such dangerous weapons, mankind will stop going to war because of their body count. People like him are naive and blinded by such stupidity.

Richard J. Gatling had the same mindset.

I see what you're saying but one could say the same about cars.

Why? Because what was at one point a legitimate award for service to the world has turned into a laughing stock because of corruption. The givers have made it worthless. And that's a tragedy.

Alfred Nobel, the man who endowed the award, invented dynamite, and in the process, accidentally killed 5 people, including his younger brother. Irony has always abounded for the Nobel Prizes.

I'd like to see some evidence of this so-called "corruption" though.
Why did Jorge Luis Borges never win the literature prize? How about Robertson Davies?
Who knows? Who cares? The Nobel Prize committee isn't a governmental body. They can give the award to whoever the fuck they want. IF (and that is quite a stipulation) they didn't give the prize to Borges because of his political views, that's their prerogative.

The Nobel Prize is a joke, but its not "corrupt". Corruption implies bribery. I don't think that is the case, and unless you've got some evidence, then you've make no point.

Does anyone remember that doctor that swore Terri S. was a coherent responding person...someone nominated him for a Nobel, no one knows why, and for a couple of months it was the most prestigeous award even know to mankind

except that doctor lied about it. no one actually nominated him. and even if they did, a nomination isn't worth anything. it's not like a finalist position. a previous laureate can nominate their dog if they want.

And for every person killed there have been about 10,000 who have benefitted from construction and mining, the two major uses for the product.

Cars were not created with the intention to kill. Besides, Nobel lost his brother when he was fucking around with this stuff, he knew how deadly it was. He had to know it would be used in warfare considering how easy it is to use.

Stupidity at it's finest in the hands of men of genius works. May God help us all when that occurs.

Cars were not created with the intention to kill. Besides, Nobel lost his brother when he was fucking around with this stuff, he knew how deadly it was. He had to know it would be used in warfare considering how easy it is to use.

Stupidity at it's finest in the hands of men of genius works. May God help us all when that occurs.

Dynamite wasn't created with the intention to kill either. That's the whole point of the prizes.

And for every person killed there have been about 10,000 who have benefitted from construction and mining, the two major uses for the product.

I'm sure that would make all the parents of dead soldiers who died because of Dynamite feel so much better. :eusa_eh:

I don't know who else has won it. But it is CERTAINLY worthless now.

Do you know anything about Alfred Nobel? Look up what he created. You think he created peaceful things? :eusa_eh:

"for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples"

Peace 2009

he did a lot as president in those 12 days prior to his nomination .....

I'm sure that would make all the parents of dead soldiers who died because of Dynamite feel so much better. :eusa_eh:

Henry Ford and parents of children killed in car accidents. ..

Dynamite wasn't created with the intention to kill either. That's the whole point of the prizes.

Except it wasn't. The whole point of the prizes was to save his legacy. Did you not read the link I just posted earlier? It worked too. People like you remember him for the prizes he has given out instead of the destruction his invention has caused. :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back