Obama Voters, The Real Failures

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The prescient Michael Goodwin writes that Obama's ship is sinking....but with every nail he hammers into this coffin....remember that voters had a choice, and judged this ship seaworthy.

1."...rising clamor over the beheading of two Americans, and rapidly sinking polls, forced President Obama to reassure the nation last week he had a plan... [but] most military analysts believe the expanded airstrikes will not be a sufficient match for the size and weaponry of the terrorist army.

2. They miss the point. The disjointed speech wasn’t really about terrorism and launching a new war. It was about saving Obama’s presidency.... it may already be too late to save the SS Obama.

3. The whole second term has been a string of disasters, with the toxic brew of his Obamacare lies, middling economic growth and violent global breakdown casting doubt on the president’s stewardship. Six years into his tenure, nothing is going as promised.

4. ...the magic of his rhetoric is long gone, and not just because the public has tuned him out.
They’ve tuned him out because they’ve made up their minds about him. They no longer trust him and don’t think he’s a good leader.

5. ...findings turned up in a tsunami of recent polls that amount to a public vote of no confidence. They shook up the White House so much that the plan to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants was put on hold to try to protect Democratic candidates from voter wrath in November.

6. ...but it doesn’t change the basic calculation. The president’s problem is that he has been wrong about virtually every major issue.

7. His worldview, his politics, his prejudices, his habits — they’ve been a mismatch for the country and its needs. He has been a dud even in the one area where he seemed a lock to make things better, racial relations. Only 10 percent believe race relations have improved under him, while 35 percent said they are worse.....

8. Barack Obama was not ready to be president, and still isn’t. It is a fantasy to believe he’ll master the art in his final two years.
The lasting image will be his yukking it up on the golf course minutes after giving a perfunctory speech on the beheading of James Foley. It revealed him as hollow, both to America and the world, and there is no way to un-see the emptiness.

9. Obama’s fecklessness is so unique that our adversaries and enemies surely realize they will never face a weaker president.

10. Throw in the fact that Europe largely has scrapped its military might to pay for its welfare states, and the entire West is a diminished, confused opponent, ripe for the taking."
Obama s ship is sinking New York Post

Perhaps the first vote can be chalked up to best hopes....but the second election was a one question IQ test....and everyone who looked at this failure and pulled the Democrat lever....well....those are the real failures, and responsible for what we face today.

Let's hope that the failures who put this windbag back in office haven't doomed all of us!

Okay, reality check.

Obama ordered airstrikes because that doesn't get us involved.

Right now, people are all upset that ISIL is executing journalists.

Will they still be upset in a year? Nope.

So why commit to something you'll be defending in a year?

I'm still happy my country wasn't handed over to the Evil Mormon Cult. You should be, too.

I like the way that the US is suppose to be in control of the whole world and it's our fault when they do something wrong..But we are not suppose to do the old axiom of other great powers of their time and invade and occupy any country they wanted...

Okay, reality check.

I'm still happy my country wasn't handed over to the Evil Mormon Cult. You should be, too.

What?

Did the Koch Brother hack your account to make you look like an idiot?

Okay, reality check.

What?

Did the Koch Brother hack your account to make you look like an idiot?

Doesn't put boots on the ground or rely on a 10 year commitment. He can stop the bombing on a moment's notice. And he probably will when people stop caring.

The prescient Michael Goodwin writes that Obama's ship is sinking....but with every nail he hammers into this coffin....remember that voters had a choice, and judged this ship seaworthy.

1."...rising clamor over the beheading of two Americans, and rapidly sinking polls, forced President Obama to reassure the nation last week he had a plan... [but] most military analysts believe the expanded airstrikes will not be a sufficient match for the size and weaponry of the terrorist army.

2. They miss the point. The disjointed speech wasn’t really about terrorism and launching a new war. It was about saving Obama’s presidency.... it may already be too late to save the SS Obama.

3. The whole second term has been a string of disasters, with the toxic brew of his Obamacare lies, middling economic growth and violent global breakdown casting doubt on the president’s stewardship. Six years into his tenure, nothing is going as promised.

4. ...the magic of his rhetoric is long gone, and not just because the public has tuned him out.
They’ve tuned him out because they’ve made up their minds about him. They no longer trust him and don’t think he’s a good leader.

5. ...findings turned up in a tsunami of recent polls that amount to a public vote of no confidence. They shook up the White House so much that the plan to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants was put on hold to try to protect Democratic candidates from voter wrath in November.

6. ...but it doesn’t change the basic calculation. The president’s problem is that he has been wrong about virtually every major issue.

7. His worldview, his politics, his prejudices, his habits — they’ve been a mismatch for the country and its needs. He has been a dud even in the one area where he seemed a lock to make things better, racial relations. Only 10 percent believe race relations have improved under him, while 35 percent said they are worse.....

8. Barack Obama was not ready to be president, and still isn’t. It is a fantasy to believe he’ll master the art in his final two years.
The lasting image will be his yukking it up on the golf course minutes after giving a perfunctory speech on the beheading of James Foley. It revealed him as hollow, both to America and the world, and there is no way to un-see the emptiness.

9. Obama’s fecklessness is so unique that our adversaries and enemies surely realize they will never face a weaker president.

10. Throw in the fact that Europe largely has scrapped its military might to pay for its welfare states, and the entire West is a diminished, confused opponent, ripe for the taking."
Obama s ship is sinking New York Post

Perhaps the first vote can be chalked up to best hopes....but the second election was a one question IQ test....and everyone who looked at this failure and pulled the Democrat lever....well....those are the real failures, and responsible for what we face today.

Let's hope that the failures who put this windbag back in office haven't doomed all of us!

Ok....lets end the name calling and childish "everything he does is wrong" claims and talk issues.

With ISIS what woukd you do?

Perhaps the greater questions is what would you have done in Iraq? Remember, no name calling.

If I took over in 08 I would have looked sad about it but would have said since we needed at least one all purpose base there for the next 40 years just like Germany and the Western Pacific. Would have been a hard sell but I would have said the war is over, we are coming out if you misbehave. And damnit if it doesnt look lime we are coming out again.

If I became President tomorrowow I would be probably doing almost the exact same thing but hopefully sounding better about it. Guess saying I'm opening up a base now to help Iraq might even go over better with the ISIS threat.

Damn that base would be a missile and artillery magnet.

Oh well. Thats what I would do. What is your idea?

Ah good ole intervention and Blow-back. Things the right want nothing to hear about because then they would have to accept blame in the current mess we are in. Easier to just Blame the current Potus and wipe their hands of it.

Ah good ole intervention and Blow-back. Things the right want nothing to hear about because then they would have to accept blame in the current mess we are in. Easier to just Blame the current Potus and wipe their hands of it.

Are you kidding? These threads are still showing catastrophic butt hurt from losing to a black man...

Are you kidding? These threads are still showing catastrophic butt hurt from losing to a black man...
i try not to use the "blackman" angle because then they start crying about how someone is being racist and it gives them ammo to play the victim card. I mean they will use that card regardless, but im not going to give them another excuse.

Besides PC doesnt take me for someone who hates the fact they lost to blackman, more so she is just a walking talking piece for the right, a wannabe intellectual.

i try not to use the "blackman" angle because then they start crying about how someone is being racist and it gives them ammo to play the victim card. I mean they will use that card regardless, but im not going to give them another excuse.

Besides PC doesnt take me for someone who hates the fact they lost to blackman, more so she is just a walking talking piece for the right, a wannabe intellectual.
OK, Hilary lost to a blackish man. So what?

Still better now than in 2008...
Nope.
This country was literally better off the day Bush left office than today or any time since. Yes, there was a cyclical downturn. It was bottoming out and we would have seen strong growth by Summer 2009 had Obama not decided to play saviour. The other numbers are all too well known to post yet again.

It's intriguing that some people cannot see the difference between two American journalists needlessly, tragically dying in Iraq

and 4000+ American troops suffering the same fate.

Still better now than in 2008...

Of course that is false.

And so simple to prove....watch:

"Incomes Have Dropped Twice as Much During the 'Recovery' as During the Recession
New estimates derived from the Census Bureau's Current Population Survey by Sentier Research indicate that the real (inflation-adjusted) median annual household income in America has fallen by 4.4 percent during the "recovery," after having fallen by 1.8 during the recession. During the recession, the median American household income fell by $1,002 (from $55,480 to $54,478). During the recovery—that is, from the officially defined end of the recession (in June 2009) to the most recent month for which figures are available (June 2013)—the median American household income has fallen by $2,380 (from $54,478 to $52,098). So the typical American household is making almost $2,400 less per year (in constant 2013 dollars) than it was four years ago, when the Obama "recovery" began."
Incomes Have Dropped Twice as Much During the Recovery as During the Recession The Weekly Standard

A recession hit and it Oblama fault? I think you may have forgotten the true intent of recessions by the rich, it allows them to take what other people worked to accomplish. The rich hates the middle class and the poor, they laugh at our predicament and the huge settlement amounts that banks/financial inst. are having to pay only showed their true intent..The next intent of recessions is to devalue the dollar and make labor cheaper... The rich are not reinvesting in main street America, instead the hide their profits in offshore accounts..

But if you like $4.50 a gallon gas of 2008, by all means continue to hold on to that crappy year...

Forum List

Back