Obama up by 8......

Let me attempt to educate you. First, the government has a right to tax us in order to protect our well being, no taxes no police, no taxes no army.
It is true that companies making more DO in fact expand. They have more money, so they expand OVERSEAS, outsourcing jobs at lower cost to themselves and pocket the profits. Some American comanies, like Haliburtan, actually mover overseas OUT of America, taking their business out of the country entirely.

No offence, but English is not your first language...am i right?

No offence, but English is not your first language...am i right?

It is amazing how often people intend offence when they say they mean not to. But English is, in fact, my first language. Stuck up British people think they know everything. I hope you are not all that way.

It is amazing how often people intend offence when they say they mean not to. But English is, in fact, my first language. Stuck up British people think they know everything. I hope you are not all that way.

Oh sorry. In that case, I would love to hear your second language!

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

:spam:
You do realize it's a bit sad to see you the only one who's laughing at your own jokes?

Your like the kid in the corner who likes to start fires to get attention and make lame jokes that are about a year late to be made.
:spam:

I realize that you wanted to post something cogent, concise and to the point, but the best you could do is to scrawl out this insipid, off topic retort...

Now if you've some evidence that Gram advanced 'last minute' legislation wherein the Federal government could not regulate derivatives, post it. You might also post evidence wherein the ideological left protested such legislation, where such protests were advanced to the judiciary for review or otherwise publically lamented by the high holy Advocates of Social Science... Now what we're going to find is that Senator Gram did not submit legislation which prevents oversight of securities, as such has been described.

Let the record reflect that this member's position was challenged and where they could have readily posted information in support of that position; a position in which they implied they were in possession of certain facts, they opted instead to avoid advancing supporting factual evidence; which we can readily assume was a function of their assertion being founded upon little more than hearsay and what’s more, we can be sure that it is hearsay of a rather dubious variety...

what's your third language?
you're obviously fluent in English and assholespeak.
esperanto, perhaps, mickey?

I think his first language is British, second is bullshit, third is English. Wow, three thats pretty good.

I so look forward to your posts, Michael.
They always contribute so much to the issue being discussed.

I also look foreward to them because it makes me feel good every time I use facts to shoot down a baseless argument.

JennyFever said:
Disaster and misery that were caused by every Neocon's former hero, W. Now that the country is a shambles and W is a lame duck, you're all ready to turn your backs on him.

I'm sorry to say it, BUT THE OPINIONS OF YOU NEOCONS ARE WORTHLESS. YOU ARE THE FOOLS WHO ELECTED W TWICE AND DEFENDED HIM FOR THE LAST 7 1/2 YEARS.

=PubliusInfinitum]
Hey genius... would you takea moment and provide for the board the list of GW Bush economic policies which you can crrelate to the meltdown of the mortgage business?

(Now I advance this query to this member purely to prove that she is absolutely without anything approaching a valid basis to set this farce... It's a means to prove her a fool and to further prove why these idiots shoudl never be allowed within the city limits of any town which has a voting booth. The fact is she will NOT post a single economic policy which was advanced by GW Bush that has ANY potential to be correlated to the current melt-down of the mortgage and equity markets.)

JennyFever said:
It's called trickle down economics, introduced by Reagan, and it doesn't work.

Publius Infinitum said:
ROFLMNAO... This is just TOO EASY! It's analogous to blungening baby seals, only without all the effort...

Four things here Sis...

First, Reagan didn't 'introduce trickle down economics...' In fact, there is no species of economic reasoning which bears such a title.

Second, the subject of your ignorance is merely the natural order... of economics.

Third, President Reagan is not President GW Bush...

Fourth, You stated quite emphatically "Disaster and misery that were caused by every Neocon's former hero, W." this implied that you were in possession of facts which lead you to conclude that Bush economic policy was responsible for the present economic 'crisis'... You were directly challenged to present this board with those facts and a basis in reasoning which correlated those facts to the above referenced conclusion; what's more it was noted in the footnote of that challenge that it was a certainty that you, in fact, had no valid basis for that conclusion and that your response would prove you to be a fool...

Congrats Sis! YOU - WENT - ALL - THE - WAY! You're now a certified FOOL...

Trickle Down Economics (Wikipedia)
"Today "trickle-down economics" is most closely identified with the economic policies known as Reaganomics or supply-side economics. "

George W. Bush believes in trickle down economics and the free market, just as Reagan did. Are you telling me that this theory is something I made up? That it hasn't been practiced by W for the last 7+ years? That the economic crisis has nothing to do with the economic policies of the current administration?

Basically, it comes down to whether you believe in the Friedman school of economic thought...trickle down, or supply side economics, if you prefer.
This school of thought endorses tax cuts for the wealthy, with the belief that the wealth will trickle down.

I believe in the Keynesian school of economic thought, and improving the economy by increasing demand. This is accomplished by tax cuts for the middle and lower classes.

ROFL... Sweet MOTHER! That is hysterical!~

So this is the 3rd opportunity wherein you've proven that you have absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE OF A SINGLE FISCAL POLICY ADVANCED BY GW BUSH that can be correlated to the melt-down of the mortgage market... This DESPITE YOU HAVING BEEN DIRECTLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY CHALLENGED TO DO JUST THAT in response to your emphatic assertion that you're in direct possession of such facts...

What's more, you've regailed us with what the Oracle 'Wikipedia' has to say about you previous failure and not one world of it even speaks to the issue.

Supply side economics did not cause the mortgage markets to collapse; even as you've erroneously described it, it does not follow that decreasing tax liability to the wealthy would somehow correlate to the social engineering policies advanced by the Advocates of Social Science requiring that the government foolishly advanced guarantees for mortgages underwritten to poorly qualified applicants; which caused a massive over-valuation of the value of real-estate, inevitably inflating the values beyond the means of the market to service, sell and buy real estate which eventually crippled the market's cash flow.

Now again sweetness... WHAT SPECIFIC FISCAL POLICY ADVANCED BY GW BUSH can you site wherein you can correlate THAT SPECIFIC POLICY TO THE MELT-DOWN OF THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY.

Now here is an example of what I mean... of course my example specifically shows GW Bush calling for significant INCREASES in oversight of Fanny and Freddy; taking oversight of these two primary players in this melt-down AWAY from congress... and the ideological left steadfastly REFUSING...

New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae - New York Times

Patterico's Pontifications said:
The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.

Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.

The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to set one of the two capital-reserve requirements for the companies. It would exercise authority over any new lines of business. And it would determine whether the two are adequately managing the risks of their ballooning portfolios.

Of course, the plan was opposed — by Democrats, including Barney Frank:

Among the groups denouncing the proposal today were the National Association of Home Builders and Congressional Democrats who fear that tighter regulation of the companies could sharply reduce their commitment to financing low-income and affordable housing.

”These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ”The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.”

Representative Melvin L. Watt, Democrat of North Carolina, agreed.

”I don’t see much other than a shell game going on here, moving something from one agency to another and in the process weakening the bargaining power of poorer families and their ability to get affordable housing,” Mr. Watt said.

Remind me why we care what Barney Frank thinks again?

P.S. Another reminder. Who said this?

For years I have been concerned about the regulatory structure that governs Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac…and the sheer magnitude of these companies and the role they play in the housing market…If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie and Freddie pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.

http://www.advisor-alliance.com/docs/Peter Wallison 2008 AMAA Summer conference.pdf

That’s John McCain from 2005, speaking in support of legislation to control Fannie and Freddie.

Barack Obama was concerned as well — concerned, that is, to make sure he was collecting as much money as possible from Fannie and Freddie. He did well, too, becoming the second top recipient in the Senate of Fannie and Freddie contributions from 1989-2008. That’s fast work, since he’s been a Senator for only 4 years.

Yes, I know Republicans controlled Congress during this time. But this election is between McCain, who tried to do something, and Obama, who took money from Fannie and Freddie. As Ed Morrissey noted in the post linked above, the 2005 legislation never made it out of committee — and “Chris Dodd, then the ranking member of the Banking Committee and now its chair, was in the middle of receiving preferential loan treatment from Countrywide Mortgage, one of the companies gaming the system in the credit crisis.”

Last edited:
She hasn't thrown a single fact, she threw a wiki-link to a slang term.

Nor has she shown how the economic theories of supply-side economics are responsible.

Your circle jerk does nothing to change that fact...or rather lack thereof.

Trickle down economics by Reagan, Bush 41, and now Bush 43 are the reason why we've had this:

$1222125783917.jpg

If it isn't obvious to you that Bush 43 is following trickle down economics then I don't know what to tell you.

I will not quote you in order to save space. Please inform us of a couple of Bush's fiscal policy in operation while he had the Republican majority in Congress his first 6 years.

Trickle down economics by Reagan, Bush 41, and now Bush 43 are the reason why we've had this:

If it isn't obvious to you that Bush 43 is following trickle down economics then I don't know what to tell you.

You idolize a movie about a terrorist.

You quote dead comedians

You post cartoons.

Then you have the gall to say if we don't see what you see WE'RE the ones who have a problem with facts?

View attachment 5972

Well I'll say this, delusion seems to be your strong suit.

NOW WHAT SPECIFIC FISCAL POLICY ADVANCED BY GW BUSH CAN YOU SHOW TO BE DIRECTLY CORRELATED TO THE MELT-DOWN OF THE MORTGAGE MARKETS?

It's not hard sis... you claim to know that Bush is a staunch supply sider; you claim ,by implication that Supply Side economics is responsible for the melt-down and by default, this requires that you be in direct possession of a reasoned basis, wherein you know of SPECIFIC SUPPLY SIDE POLICY THAT YOU CAN SHOW STEP FOR STEP HOW THAT SPECIFIC POLICY LEAD TO THE MELT-DOWN OF THE MORTGAGE MARKET...

All I'm asking you gals to do, is to show us your math... Present your facts and reasoning...

Here's a tip: "SUPPLY SIDE ECONOMICS CAUSED IT!" is not a fact, and it is absent a basis in reasoning... thus what it is, is a baseless assertion. Now baseless assertions are absent any discernable value. While such may be your opinion, it is worthless...

So please... POST YOUR FACTS AND REASONING IN HOW A SPECIFIC GW BUSH FISCAL POLICY LEAD TO THIS FINANCIAL CATASTROPHE... or just concede by... :anj_stfu:

You idolize a movie about a terrorist.

You quote dead comedians

You post cartoons.

Then you have the gall to say if we don't see what you see WE'RE the ones who have a problem with facts?

I don't idolize a movie about a terrorist. If you knew anything, the original V for Vendetta was a battle between Anarchism and Facism. If it came down to it, I'd pick Anarchism.

I post cartoons to get a point across, which it does here for example.

I quote dead comedians like Groucho Marx and George Carlin because they knew bullshit when they saw it and told it like it was.

I was still asking you to prove that video I posted the other day wrong. Still haven't done that. :eusa_whistle:

And now to once again quote Groucho Marx:

"Go, and never darken my towels again."

P.S: Nice job avoiding answering the question I posed and the picture. But obvious topic changer is obvious.

Answer my questions ;)

Well I'll say this, delusion seems to be your strong suit.

NOW WHAT SPECIFIC FISCAL POLICY ADVANCED BY GW BUSH CAN YOU SHOW TO BE DIRECTLY CORRELATED TO THE MELT-DOWN OF THE MORTGAGE MARKETS?

It's not hard sis... you claim to know that Bush is a staunch supply sider; you claim ,by implication that Supply Side economics is responsible for the melt-down and by default, this requires that you be in direct possession of a reasoned basis, wherein you know of SPECIFIC SUPPLY SIDE POLICY THAT YOU CAN SHOW STEP FOR STEP HOW THAT SPECIFIC POLICY LEAD TO THE MELT-DOWN OF THE MORTGAGE MARKET...

All I'm asking you gals to do, is to show us your math... Present your facts and reasoning...

Here's a tip: "SUPPLY SIDE ECONOMICS CAUSED IT!" is not a fact, and it is absent a basis in reasoning... thus what it is, is a baseless assertion. Now baseless assertions are absent any discernable value. While such may be your opinion, it is worthless...

So please... POST YOUR FACTS AND REASONING IN HOW A SPECIFIC GW BUSH FISCAL POLICY LEAD TO THIS FINANCIAL CATASTROPHE... or just concede by... :anj_stfu:

Psst, putting stuff in caps doesn't make what you say anymore important then what it was before; which was not at all.

All I stated was that Reagan, Bush 41, and Bush 43 all follow the idea of Reagan economics or Trickle down economics. They all believed that if the rich get tax cuts and more money that it will trickle down to the middle and lower class.

Problem is, that's a myth and always has been a myth.

Hmm isn't it irrelavant as to who did what? What will rehashing history do for us now. Now is the time to focus on how to fix where we are and who do we want to do the fixing. Saying that McCain is a clone of Bush is absurd. That would be like saying Obama is a copy of Carter or Clinton because they are Dems. McCain actually voted against his own party on more then one occasion. Has Obama voted against his party? That would be a big ole NO.

Do not vote against a party vote for the man and what they stand for. What their records show. Look at the walk not the talk.

Here is something for you to chew on

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age
of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'
From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made
wary a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you
were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name
names.'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose
fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man,
son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the
attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damning one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political
winds shift in an ugly direction.'

CANNOT have someone with this type of mentality running our GREAT nation!!

I don't care whether you a Democrat or a Conservative. We CANNOT turn
ourselves over to this type of character in a President. PLEASE help spread
the word

Yeah this is what I want in a President a racist.

|

Hmm isn't it irrelavant as to who did what? What will rehashing history do for us now. Now is the time to focus on how to fix where we are and who do we want to do the fixing. Saying that McCain is a clone of Bush is absurd. That would be like saying Obama is a copy of Carter or Clinton because they are Dems. McCain actually voted against his own party on more then one occasion. Has Obama voted against his party? That would be a big ole NO.

Do not vote against a party vote for the man and what they stand for. What their records show. Look at the walk not the talk.

Here is something for you to chew on

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age
of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'
From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made
wary a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you
were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name
names.'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose
fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man,
son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the
attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damning one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political
winds shift in an ugly direction.'

CANNOT have someone with this type of mentality running our GREAT nation!!

I don't care whether you a Democrat or a Conservative. We CANNOT turn
ourselves over to this type of character in a President. PLEASE help spread
the word

Yeah this is what I want in a President a racist.

|

Obvious spammer is obvious.

Spammer huh never heard that one for the truth. Is that all you got?

You took all of that out of context. If it were such a big deal, then all the right wing media would be over this 24/7 until November 4.

However, they're not so this is old news and bullshit.

Enter another two quarters and feel free to try and play this game again though.

Forum List

Back