News networks trying to sell Bail-out?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I'm listening to Fox & CNN on XM, and one would think that the Earth will surely plummet into Sun if this bailout doesn't pass. I've never been much of a conspiracy theorist but this is like that scene from "V is for Vendetta".

240px-Sutler2.jpg

Show them why we need a bail-out !!!"

Am I being too paranoid or not paranoid enough?

Last edited:
I was thinking sort of along the same lines...except I don't see CNN really selling it too hard. But of course I started thinking exactly how much they have at stake...and what WOULD happen to CNN and the rest if the market collapses?

I'm listening to Fox & CNN on XM, and one would think that the Earth will surely plummet into Sun if this bailout doesn't pass. I've never been much of a conspiracy theorist but this is like a scene from "V is for Vendetta".

The whole thing seems like a scene from "V for Vendetta."

It also has come to affect the stock market if anyone saw the numbers today, I was watching when it began to freefall when the people on Wall Street realized this wasn't going to pass.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dY4WlxO6i0]YouTube - The Owners of the Country[/ame]

The late George Carlin is 110% correct on his take of things.

George Carlin was NOT an economic guru, dude. Really. Nor was he the Messiah. He isn't the ultimate authority on every single topic in the world.

You really need to get over him. He's dead. Find another idol.

I'm listening to Fox & CNN on XM, and one would think that the Earth will surely plummet into Sun if this bailout doesn't pass. I've never been much of a conspiracy theorist but this is like that scene from "V is for Vendetta".

Follow the money, dude. Who's talking? Who pays their salary? Any vested interest in a bail out from them?

Always follow the leash back to the wallet.

We are in for a power tussle around here...

-Joe

George Carlin was NOT an economic guru, dude. Really. Nor was he the Messiah. He isn't the ultimate authority on every single topic in the world.

Did I say he was an economic guru? No

Did I say he was the messiah? No (Ironically he was an atheist)

Did I say he was the ultimate authority on every topic? No

But tell me where the hell he is wrong here MichelleAnn? Does he say something in this video that hurts your little psycho feelings?

Also notice how he predicts about Social Security and Wall Street.

I'm not wrong, but we all know you hate for me to be right.

He was however, incredibly observant, and he never hesitated to call 'bullshit' on either side of the aisle.

R.I.P. Mr. Carlin.

-Joe

Last edited:
He was however, incredibly observant and he never hesitated to call 'bullshit' on both sides of the aisle.

R.I.P. Mr. Carlin.

-Joe

Couldn't agree more Joe.

If you watch the video, he is 110% right about what happens especially around 5 mins into it about what is going on currently.

How telling.

As I asked MichelleAnn, look at the video holeinthehead and tell me where he's wrong.

He is 110% right and even predicted what is going to happen.

This is what the OP was wondering if he was paranoid about. He isn't paranoid.

CNN apparently had their "economist" on there talking about anyone who opposes the bailout doesn't know anything about economics.

I'd say, probably not paranoid enough.

I heard both networks say three times "We've heard some businesses have had trouble borrowing the money to make payroll" and that scare tactic pushed me over the edge.

Did I say he was an economic guru? No

Did I say he was the messiah? No (Ironically he was an atheist)

Did I say he was the ultimate authority on every topic? No

But tell me where the hell he is wrong here MichelleAnn? Does he say something in this video that hurts your little psycho feelings?

Also notice how he predicts about Social Security and Wall Street.

I'm not wrong, but we all know you hate for me to be right.

When have you been right?

I heard both networks say three times "We've heard some businesses have had trouble borrowing the money to make payroll" and that scare tactic pushed me over the edge.

They tell people the same thing over and over because eventually most people will choose to accept the myth.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic." - John F. Kennedy

What did you think of the video I posted Missourian?

Here is the bottom line. For me anway. All of the Congresscritters said today that they had no idea,, repeat no idea that passing this bill would even fix the problem but some were willing to try. That's just a roll of the dice. Either way we are screwed.

Here is the bottom line. For me anway. All of the Congresscritters said today that they had no idea,, repeat no idea that passing this bill would even fix the problem but some were willing to try. That's just a roll of the dice. Either way we are screwed.

Right on sister (or brother) right on.

Seriously, it almost hurts anymore to turn on the frigging news!

Right on sister (or brother) right on.

Seriously, it almost hurts anymore to turn on the frigging news!

Well Echo, they expect us to be like your avatar picture.

I lost all trust and respect for the media when they followed what Fox News did during the 2000 election like little sheep.

That's exactly what I've been noticing, and the scariest thing about the crisis- nobody knows what to do. Nobody's got the slightest clue how to deal with this, and everyone's trying to come up with the quickest solution possible. Nobody knows what not passing that bill is gonna do, and if it had been passed, there's no telling what the consequence would've been. The candidates gave pretty reserved support for it yesterday- probably because they had no idea what to do either.

Forum List

Back