Obama to thank Bush tonight in speech

In Iraq, a ruthless dictator cultivated weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them. He gave support to terrorists, had an established relationship with al Qaeda, and his regime is no more." –Vice President Dick Cheney, Nov. 7, 2003

And the best of all.........

"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." —President Bush, discussing the Iraq war with Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson, after Robertson told him he should prepare the American people for casualties

Gee RW, all of those "lies" and the democrats still voted for the war.
Seems you knew more thasn our congress knew.

Give it a rest RW.

No one lied. They offfered opinon based on intel.

Give it a rest RW.

The majority of the Democrats voted against the war. You are just repeating another Republican Lie

Hillary Clinton voting for the War in Iraq cost her the Presidency

In an advanced draft of Obama's speech tonight on the withdrawl of U.S. troops from Iraq Obama is planning on making the following remarks:
Today we are removing all combat troops from Iraq. This was a war I opposed initially, as I opposed the surge that brought us to this point. But the true measure of a leader is admission that he is not infallible. I was wrong to oppose the surge, which has brought us peace with honor, removed a dangerous tyrant from the world stage, and liberated millions of Iraqis. All of this could not have been done without our brave troops on the ground, our military commanders overseeing it, and the wise policy decisions of my predecessor, President Bush."

OK, what do you think the chances of Obama actually saying that are?

it's really well written, but it won't make tonite's telepromter

Give it a rest RW.

The majority of the Democrats voted against the war. You are just repeating another Republican Lie

Hillary Clinton voting for the War in Iraq cost her the Presidency

29 democratic senators voted for it an 21 aginst it.
81 in the house were for it and 126 against.

I am not sure what I lied about. There were a total of 110 democrats that voted for the war.

What is the "republican lie" that I repeated?

Well, you said "the Democrats still voted for the war" which, at first glance, you'd assume you meant that as a party they supported it............when only 42% voted in favor, 58% against.

Anyways, this is a cheese thread.

Well, you said "the Democrats still voted for the war" which, at first glance, you'd assume you meant that as a party they supported it............when only 42% voted in favor, 58% against.

Poorly written by me.
I was actually referring oiginally to the senate......which I see and have always seen as the more important house of the two.
I actually see it as more pertinant to my family's well being than the WH.

Poorly written by me.
I was actually referring oiginally to the senate......which I see and have always seen as the more important house of the two.

I prefer the Haskills myself, although the Beavers were cool. lol. (edit: whoa, Cleavers)

Have a good afternoon man!~

Poorly written by me.

I prefer the Haskills myself, although the Beavers were cool. lol. (edit: whoa, Cleavers)

Have a good afternoon man!~

You too GT.

Democrats overwhelmingly voted for the war. You and Nutwinger can carp and crap all you want the war got far more bipartisan Congressional support than Obamacare did.

He isn't going to say what I wrote. He is going to talk about he is fulfilling his campaign pledge by ending hostilities. That is what makes him an unfit leader and a fraud.

Democrats overwhelmingly voted for the war. You and Nutwinger can carp and crap all you want the war got far more bipartisan Congressional support than Obamacare did.

He isn't going to say what I wrote. He is going to talk about he is fulfilling his campaign pledge by ending hostilities. That is what makes him an unfit leader and a fraud.

LOL

Math was never Rabbis best subject........neither was telling the truth

LOL

the vote was infinately more bipartisan than healthcare and stimulus.....
In the Senate, 33% more democratrs voted for the war than voted against it

Look. Whatever floats your boat. You want to believe that the President lied and not one Senator or Congressman WHO NOW LIVES WITH BLOOD ON HIS/HER HANDS DUE TO SUCH A LIE refuses to provide proof that would warrant a hearing? Go for it.

Me? I like to apply basic logic to my judgement calling. I do not allow partisan crap and ideological talking points to dictate my decision making and judgement calling.

But that is me.

Me? I like to apply basic logic to my judgement calling. I do not allow partisan crap and ideological talking points to dictate my decision making and judgement calling.

But that is me.

Basic logic does not exist in the funhouse world of Nutwinger and his ilk. No amount of evidence will ever persuade them that Bush did not lie, that the Democrats were not all opposed to the war even as the voted for it, that Saddam was not a sponsor of terrorism and a threat to peace, that the U.S. won the war with minimal casualties and expense, and that the results of the surge vindicated Bush's strategy, a win that Obama will take credit for tonight.

LOL

Look. Whatever floats your boat. You want to believe that the President lied and not one Senator or Congressman WHO NOW LIVES WITH BLOOD ON HIS/HER HANDS DUE TO SUCH A LIE refuses to provide proof that would warrant a hearing? Go for it.

But that is me.

It doesn't represent bipartisanship on the war vote. It represents a lack of balls on Democratic Congressmen.

The Republicans wrapped the war vote in patriotism and being tough on terrorism and made it clear that they would challenge the Patriotism of any Democrat who voted against the war.

The Democrats showed their typical lack of backbone and caved in. The numbers still show that more Democrats voted against war than voted for it

LOL

But that is me.

It doesn't represent bipartisanship on the war vote. It represents a lack of balls on Democratic Congressmen.

The Republicans wrapped the war vote in patriotism and being tough on terrorism and made it clear that they would challenge the Patriotism of any Democrat who voted against the war.

The Democrats showed their typical lack of backbone and caved in. The numbers still show that more Democrats voted against war than voted for it

So you're saying that Democrats lack backbone and won't stand up for what they believe? Yes! I agree! Why do we want these people back in power????

In an advanced draft of Obama's speech tonight on the withdrawl of U.S. troops from Iraq Obama is planning on making the following remarks:
Today we are removing all combat troops from Iraq. This was a war I opposed initially, as I opposed the surge that brought us to this point. But the true measure of a leader is admission that he is not infallible. I was wrong to oppose the surge, which has brought us peace with honor, removed a dangerous tyrant from the world stage, and liberated millions of Iraqis. All of this could not have been done without our brave troops on the ground, our military commanders overseeing it, and the wise policy decisions of my predecessor, President Bush."

OK, what do you think the chances of Obama actually saying that are?

The idiocy of Bush is what got 4000+ Americans killed for NOTHING. He should thank Bush for what?

But that is me.

So you're saying that Democrats lack backbone and won't stand up for what they believe? Yes! I agree! Why do we want these people back in power????

We want Democrats in power because more of them knew the Iraq war was idiocy than did Republicans. Republican support for the idiocy of invading Iraq was almost unanimous.

But that is me.

Absolutely..

When it came to the Iraq war vote, some Democrats took the easy way out, were afraid to be labeled soft on terrorism and unpatriotic and voted in favor of one of the largest political and military blunders in US History.

Thankfully, most paid a price for their il-considered vote

Last edited:

We want Democrats in power because more of them knew the Iraq war was idiocy than did Republicans. Republican support for the idiocy of invading Iraq was almost unanimous.

So Democrats are stupid and cowardly? Is that what you're saying?

Forum List

Back