BREAKING: U.S. Forces Attacked in Iraq as Biden Was Preparing to Speak From the Oval Office

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

BREAKING:

U.S. Forces Attacked in Iraq as Biden Was Preparing to Speak From the Oval Office

19 Oct 2023 ~~ By Nick Arama

Joe Biden spoke on Thursday night about wanting to give billions in aid to Israel, Ukraine, and the Palestinians in Gaza. As we noted, that was a mess. And while he was calling out a lot of people, he didn't manage to call out in the speech his own Democrats like Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) when he was talking about people being hateful.
But what the speech revealed was how much his foreign policy has gone out of control and endangered the U.S. and the world. There likely wouldn't have been a war in either place, at least not in the same way, but for bad moves and weakness.
Even as he was preparing for those remarks, U.S. forces were being attacked in Iraq.

Baghdad, Oct 20 (Reuters) - Rockets have hit a military base hosting U.S. forces near Baghdad's international airport, Iraqi police said on Thursday.— Idrees Ali (@idreesali114) October 20, 2023
Drones and rockets targeted on Thursday evening the Ain al-Asad air base, which hosts U.S. and other international forces in western Iraq, and multiple blasts were heard inside the base, two security sources said.
The Iraqi military said it closed the area around the base and started a search operation. It was not clear yet whether the attacks caused casualties or damages, said the sources.
Rockets have hit another military base hosting U.S. forces near Baghdad's international airport, Iraqi police said on Thursday, without providing further details.
On Wednesday, there were two drone attacks, one of which caused minor injuries to some troops.
Iraqi forces aligned with Iran have threatened the U.S. if Israel ramps up action in Gaza.
It appears they missed Biden's "don't, don't, don't" warning about not taking advantage of the situation with the Israeli-Hamas war.

Commentary:
US troops in Iraq fought off two drone attacks in one day, a sign that the fighting between Israel and Hamas could expand elsewhere in the region.
Maybe if Joe gives Iran two more pallet loads of cash flown in during the night the Ayatollah and Mullahs will be nice to us...
Hospital, Check. Mosque, Check. School, Coming up next. Standard play book by Hamas. They know their ass kissers of the biased Quisling media and the rest of the toadies probably have the storyline ready to go.
Meanwhile our bases in Iraq and our Navy is under attack.

Entirely predictable , but surely the key question is whether US actions have been just been usual naive and stupid , or, whether it is considered deep policy knowing that this type of reaction was a certainty and will presumably break out in many spots with increasing ferocity .

Interesting that posting has stopped dead on just about the most iportant matter on the planet -- certainly last Friday when it begun .
That is ---- to what exctent was the total Israeli stand down a direct invitation to escalation and the likely inevitability of ME conflagration ?

Seemingly nobody really cares ,.. So back to scrubbing clean the outside decking .

The relationship between the US and Israel is bringing the world closer to WWIII than any point in history; it's time to hit reset.

Biden is worried about wider war in the Middle East. Here’s how it could happen.

"It’s especially tough to contain the violence because the sparks are flying in many different places.

"If tensions don’t lower soon, 'the whole region will be affected,' predicted one Arab diplomat, granted anonymity for the same reason. 'No one will be spared.'

"Here are some of those potential flashpoints..."

Entirely predictable , but surely the key question is whether US actions have been just been usual naive and stupid , or, whether it is considered deep policy knowing that this type of reaction was a certainty and will presumably break out in many spots with increasing ferocity .
Israel should have gone in and wiped out Hamas from Gaza 2 weeks ago. Perhaps Joe said something to Israel if they did. Now, because Americans elected a buzzard for President and didn't overturn the Senate to Republicans, it will just get worse and worse.

Israel should have gone in and wiped out Hamas from Gaza 2 weeks ago. Perhaps Joe said something to Israel if they did. Now, because Americans elected a buzzard for President and didn't overturn the Senate to Republicans, it will just get worse and worse.

What could possibly turn you into a killer? Are you that damaged?

What could possibly turn you into a killer? Are you that damaged?
Killer? Hamas attacked Israel and murdered 1400 people. Israel has the right and duty to respond and end Hamas. That's by killing them all. That's not murder. That's a part of the war Hamas started. Why are you so damaged to be an anti-Semite and want to kill Jews all over the world?

"U.S. Forces Attacked in Iraq as Biden Was Preparing to Speak"

It seems to me that if a solution to eliminating tension in the whole Middle East were to be effectively dealt with then inter-Arab/Iranian/Turkish fighting would be anti-productive.

Striking the US forces in and around the area must certainly be the most productive way of clearing the Middle East and finding a way to peace. I even think (note I said "think" ..... not "believe") that Israel might not need to be attacked unless it is in direct support of American installations. I say that because without American war machinery, Israel would be inclined (eventually) to make vast concessions to the Palestinians. In the end, I do believe that this will be seriously considered but it will require much planning and joint Middle East strategy. :eusa_think:

~~~~~~~
Much easier said than done, especially when Hamas uses schools, Mosques and Hospitals to hide behind, and store their weaponry along with the entrances to their tunnels. They even use UN facilities as we later discobered.

~~~~~~~
... Hamas ..... even use UN facilities as we later discobered.
Why not? We discobered long ago that the Zionist Nazis use a gazillion facilities, weapons, and money from the United Snakes. It's only fair that Hamas gets some help too. People should be able to defend themselves. After all, Palestine was stolen by the Zionist Nazis. Hamas was Democratically elected to get their land back. More power to the Palestinians and if Hamas is the only way to do it ......... go for it! :thewave:

~~~~~~~
Much easier said than done, especially when Hamas uses schools, Mosques and Hospitals to hide behind, and store their weaponry along with the entrances to their tunnels. They even use UN facilities as we later discobered.
Hey, just destroy the U.N. Facilities since they are the problem too.

I agree that the U.N. is the problem too but maybe not for the same reason you think. I say dismantle NATO, the EU, and the U.N. altogether. They are no longer of any good use at all.
I think everybody who really knows what is going on agrees with that sentiment.
But implementation is the problem .

Sheeple believe they are fine institutions, dedicated to making life more tolerable and tolerant .
To convince them otherwise would be near impossible as you would be deemed an insane Conspiracy fool .
A bit like convincing a sceptic that Aliens are imaginary unless they actually stand in front of us all holding bouquets of gifts and sweetly smiling .

Example , people really believed that our EU was for fostering better co-operation and progress for the individual and the total group -- jobs, travel ,protection , prices etc .
BUT
Perfect solutions and bonuses in this area are for the blind , deaf and stupid who believe everything they are promised .
imho

I think everybody who really knows what is going on agrees with that sentiment.
I wish that were true.
But implementation is the problem .
Enormously.
Sheeple believe they are fine institutions, dedicated to making life more tolerable and tolerant .
To convince them otherwise would be near impossible as you would be deemed an insane Conspiracy fool .
A bit like convincing a sceptic that Aliens are imaginary unless they actually stand in front of us all holding bouquets of gifts and sweetly smiling .

Example , people really believed that our EU was for fostering better co-operation and progress for the individual and the total group -- jobs, travel ,protection , prices etc .
BUT
Perfect solutions and bonuses in this area are for the blind , deaf and stupid who believe everything they are promised .
imho
At some time during my life (77 years and counting), I thought NATO, the EU, and (particularly) the UN were worthy & upstanding organizations. That applied to Zionism as well. With time, however, I went from thinking they were blunderers, eventually suspecting they were being coerced, and finally today I see them as full-out criminal entities unto themselves.

Forum List

Back