Obama to thank Bush tonight in speech

I think they're very good that he will.

He ran on an anti-surge platform to get the anti-war votes.

But he also said that he would ratchet down the number of troops, too.

So Bush II did the heavy lifting (surged troop levels) and that, in part, cost him relection.

Then Obama comes in and the surge (which I opposed, too incidently) seems to have had enough positive effect that Obama could start down the road of moving troops out of Iraq.

But since so many of his supporters remember that he came out against the surge, I suspect he's got to admit that he opposed it in the run up to election.

Now, how many US troops are going to remain in Iraq?

50,000 isn't it?

Not exactly a complete withdrawl, but we're expected to think that the troops there won't be on any combat missions.

No, they won't be on combats missions. They're "advisors"

But they'll be targeted, so I expect that they'll still get killed.

No offense, but I think the primary reason Buish lost a re-election was the Presidential term limits to two terms.

But I may be wrong:eusa_angel:
Surely you jest!

Surely I jest at what? The "I may be wrong" comment? That was in jest, yes.

In an advanced draft of Obama's speech tonight on the withdrawl of U.S. troops from Iraq Obama is planning on making the following remarks:
Today we are removing all combat troops from Iraq. This was a war I opposed initially, as I opposed the surge that brought us to this point. But the true measure of a leader is admission that he is not infallible. I was wrong to oppose the surge, which has brought us peace with honor, removed a dangerous tyrant from the world stage, and liberated millions of Iraqis. All of this could not have been done without our brave troops on the ground, our military commanders overseeing it, and the wise policy decisions of my predecessor, President Bush."

OK, what do you think the chances of Obama actually saying that are?

LOL!!!!!! That's a good one!!!!! Never happen!

He is going to talk about how he said he would pull the troops out of Iraq and he did it.... Never mind it was the same time line as President Bush...

In an advanced draft of Obama's speech tonight on the withdrawl of U.S. troops from Iraq Obama is planning on making the following remarks:
Today we are removing all combat troops from Iraq. This was a war I opposed initially, as I opposed the surge that brought us to this point. But the true measure of a leader is admission that he is not infallible. I was wrong to oppose the surge, which has brought us peace with honor, removed a dangerous tyrant from the world stage, and liberated millions of Iraqis. All of this could not have been done without our brave troops on the ground, our military commanders overseeing it, and the wise policy decisions of my predecessor, President Bush."

LOL!!!!!! That's a good one!!!!! Never happen!

He is going to talk about how he said he would pull the troops out of Iraq and he did it.... Never mind it was the same time line as President Bush...

Supposedly this is actually what he is going to say:
Unfortunately, if the Weekly Address President Obama delivered from his rented vacation home on Martha's Vineyard is any indication, none of that will happen. Instead of uniting the country behind our effort in Iraq, this is how President Obama chose to open his remarks: "As a candidate for this office, I pledged I would end this war. As President, that is what I am doing. We have brought home more than 90,000 troops since I took office." The President's love affair with first person singular pronouns aside, this is just plain false. Throughout the campaign, candidate Obama promised the progressive movement that he would "immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq," specifically calling for the removal of "one to two combat brigades each month."
This from Morning Bell from Heritage.org.
Note the repetition of "I". NOte the self-serving and self exculpating tone. This is really what I expect from the Charlatan-in-Chief.

Let's have a thread discussing this after the speech, since you're not even going to source this rumor.

Why would he want to continue to spread right wing lies?

Do you think he should ressurrect all the tragic mistakes Bush made? Lying about his reason for attacking, falsifying the urgency, failing to put enough troops on the ground, misjudging the reception US troops would receive, misjudging the length of the war, misjudging the political situation in Iraq.....

He should acknowledge Bush's role as CIC ...but the bulk of his acknowledgemant should be of the Troops on the Ground

Which lie is that? That Obama opposed a war that unseated a supporter of terrorism? That Obama opposed a war that liberated millions of Iraqis from tyranny and despotism? That Obama opposed the surge that won this war? That Obama opposed a war that was supported by UN sanctions? That Obama has been wrong in every foreign policy statement he has made to date?
None of those are lies. They are all the truth But the Left is so blind truth looks like lies and lies look like truth.

How about the LIE that if we did not invade immediately that we faced a potential "mushroom cloud"??

How about the LIE that Saddam Hussein was somehow connected to 9-11?

How about the LIE that Iraq was an immediate threat ?

How about the botched invasion?

How about the "they will treat us as liberators" nonsense?

How about the "Mission Accomplished" three months into a seven year war?

Let's have a thread discussing this after the speech, since you're not even going to source this rumor.

Its no rumor...its just another one of Rabbis lies

Do you think he should ressurrect all the tragic mistakes Bush made? Lying about his reason for attacking, falsifying the urgency, failing to put enough troops on the ground, misjudging the reception US troops would receive, misjudging the length of the war, misjudging the political situation in Iraq.....

He should acknowledge Bush's role as CIC ...but the bulk of his acknowledgemant should be of the Troops on the Ground

Which lie is that? That Obama opposed a war that unseated a supporter of terrorism? That Obama opposed a war that liberated millions of Iraqis from tyranny and despotism? That Obama opposed the surge that won this war? That Obama opposed a war that was supported by UN sanctions? That Obama has been wrong in every foreign policy statement he has made to date?
None of those are lies. They are all the truth But the Left is so blind truth looks like lies and lies look like truth.

How about the LIE that if we did not invade immediately that we faced a potential "mushroom cloud"??

We're not discussing left-wing lies. You can start another thread on those if you want.

The war will pay for itself ....

I think it's more likely he'll blame hurricane Earl on Bush...

LOL @ "the war will pay for itself"

WTF were the scoundrels in the Bush Admin smoking?

49izadw.gif

Obama should remind us of this gem....

"I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." --Vice President Dick Cheney, on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005

"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet the Press," March 16, 2003

Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." –President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003

"It's hard to conceive that it would take more forces to provide stability in post-Saddam Iraq than it would take to conduct the war itself and to secure the surrender of Saddam’s security forces and his army. Hard to imagine." –Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, testifying before the House Budget Committee prior to the Iraq war, Feb. 27, 2003

More lies...

We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat." –Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, when asked about weapons of mass destruction in an ABC News interview, March 30, 2003

It's a slam-dunk case!" –CIA Director George Tenet, discussing WMD and the case for war during a meeting in the Oval Office, Dec. 21, 2002

The truth is that for reasons that have a lot to do with the U.S. government bureaucracy, we settled on the one issue that everyone could agree on, which was weapons of mass destruction, as the core reason." --Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, "Vanity Fair" interview, May 28, 2003

We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud." –National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, on Iraq's nuclear capabilities and the Bush administration's case for war, Sept. 8, 2002

"I don't know anybody that I can think of who has contended that the Iraqis had nuclear weapons." –Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, June 24, 2003

"We know he's been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons, and we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet The Press" March 16, 2003

Forum List

Back