Obama to thank Bush tonight in speech

It doesn't represent bipartisanship on the war vote. It represents a lack of balls on Democratic Congressmen.

The Republicans wrapped the war vote in patriotism and being tough on terrorism and made it clear that they would challenge the Patriotism of any Democrat who voted against the war.

The Democrats showed their typical lack of backbone and caved in. The numbers still show that more Democrats voted against war than voted for it

So you're saying that Democrats lack backbone and won't stand up for what they believe? Yes! I agree! Why do we want these people back in power????

We want Democrats in power because more of them knew the Iraq war was idiocy than did Republicans. Republican support for the idiocy of invading Iraq was almost unanimous.

Wouldn't have passed without that democratic support....

So you're saying that Democrats lack backbone and won't stand up for what they believe? Yes! I agree! Why do we want these people back in power????

We want Democrats in power because more of them knew the Iraq war was idiocy than did Republicans. Republican support for the idiocy of invading Iraq was almost unanimous.

Agree

And the Dems who voted for this fools expedition paid a price in the polls

It cost Hillary the Presidency

So Democrats are stupid and cowardly? Is that what you're saying?

No

I think he is saying that when it came to Iraq, Democrats were selectively stupid and Republicans were unanimously stupid

Gee RW, all of those "lies" and the democrats still voted for the war.
Seems you knew more thasn our congress knew.

Give it a rest RW.

No one lied. They offfered opinon based on intel.

The majority of the Democrats voted against the war. You are just repeating another Republican Lie

Hillary Clinton voting for the War in Iraq cost her the Presidency

:rofl:

sure it did :thup:

I heard that Hillary Clinton lost the Presidential election because she didn't have the balls for the job.

Gee RW, all of those "lies" and the democrats still voted for the war.
Seems you knew more thasn our congress knew.

Give it a rest RW.

No one lied. They offfered opinon based on intel.

The majority of the Democrats voted against the war. You are just repeating another Republican Lie

Hillary Clinton voting for the War in Iraq cost her the Presidency

:rofl:

sure it did :thup:

Early in the Primaries, Obama used Hillary's war vote repeatedly against her in all the debates.

Hillary fell behind quickly and got swamped on Super Tuesday

Agree

And the Dems who voted for this fools expedition paid a price in the polls

It cost Hillary the Presidency

Why are so many of them still in there?

Because Nutwinger makes things up as he goes along. He'll be along shortly to explain how some Dum or other lost his seat in the election solely and completely because of his Iraq War vote.

LOL

Math was never Rabbis best subject........neither was telling the truth

the vote was infinately more bipartisan than healthcare and stimulus.....
In the Senate, 33% more democratrs voted for the war than voted against it

Look. Whatever floats your boat. You want to believe that the President lied and not one Senator or Congressman WHO NOW LIVES WITH BLOOD ON HIS/HER HANDS DUE TO SUCH A LIE refuses to provide proof that would warrant a hearing? Go for it.

Me? I like to apply basic logic to my judgement calling. I do not allow partisan crap and ideological talking points to dictate my decision making and judgement calling.

But that is me.

It doesn't represent bipartisanship on the war vote. It represents a lack of balls on Democratic Congressmen.

The Republicans wrapped the war vote in patriotism and being tough on terrorism and made it clear that they would challenge the Patriotism of any Democrat who voted against the war.

The Democrats showed their typical lack of backbone and caved in. The numbers still show that more Democrats voted against war than voted for it

And likewise, I assume you ALSO believe that the HC vote does not show balls on the part of the republicans. No, instead it shows partisanship on their part.

Right?

In an advanced draft of Obama's speech tonight on the withdrawl of U.S. troops from Iraq Obama is planning on making the following remarks:
Today we are removing all combat troops from Iraq. This was a war I opposed initially, as I opposed the surge that brought us to this point. But the true measure of a leader is admission that he is not infallible. I was wrong to oppose the surge, which has brought us peace with honor, removed a dangerous tyrant from the world stage, and liberated millions of Iraqis. All of this could not have been done without our brave troops on the ground, our military commanders overseeing it, and the wise policy decisions of my predecessor, President Bush."

OK, what do you think the chances of Obama actually saying that are?

I would be shocked if he said that. He can not afford to credit Bush with anything.

I suspect he will try and claim credit for winning a war we would have lost if he had gotten his way.

However I hope I am wrong.

No offense, but I think the primary reason Buish lost a re-election was the Presidential term limits to two terms.

But I may be wrong:eusa_angel:
Surely you jest!

Surely I jest at what? The "I may be wrong" comment? That was in jest, yes.
Bush's job approval rating in 2008 varied from 23% to 28%. You don't get presidential approval ratings much lower than that and you don't get re-elected to office. If he were eligible to hold office again, he wouldn't have run. If he had, his party would certainly not have nominated him.

In an advanced draft of Obama's speech tonight on the withdrawl of U.S. troops from Iraq Obama is planning on making the following remarks:
Today we are removing all combat troops from Iraq. This was a war I opposed initially, as I opposed the surge that brought us to this point. But the true measure of a leader is admission that he is not infallible. I was wrong to oppose the surge, which has brought us peace with honor, removed a dangerous tyrant from the world stage, and liberated millions of Iraqis. All of this could not have been done without our brave troops on the ground, our military commanders overseeing it, and the wise policy decisions of my predecessor, President Bush."

OK, what do you think the chances of Obama actually saying that are?

I would be shocked if he said that. He can not afford to credit Bush with anything.

I suspect he will try and claim credit for winning a war we would have lost if he had gotten his way.

However I hope I am wrong.

You're half right. He didnt credit Bush but he didnt claim victory either. This is the left wing talking point that there can be no victory in Iraq. But who are you going to believe, Obama or your own eyes.
Meanwhile in Afghanistan our troops are getting slaughtered in a hopeless quagmire that looks and sounds like Vietnam. Let's see him spin our defeat there as some kind of victory.
Even leftists are tiring of this clown.

Forum List

Back