Obama to thank Bush tonight in speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Rabbi, Aug 31, 2010.

1. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    In an advanced draft of Obama's speech tonight on the withdrawl of U.S. troops from Iraq Obama is planning on making the following remarks:
    Today we are removing all combat troops from Iraq. This was a war I opposed initially, as I opposed the surge that brought us to this point. But the true measure of a leader is admission that he is not infallible. I was wrong to oppose the surge, which has brought us peace with honor, removed a dangerous tyrant from the world stage, and liberated millions of Iraqis. All of this could not have been done without our brave troops on the ground, our military commanders overseeing it, and the wise policy decisions of my predecessor, President Bush."

OK, what do you think the chances of Obama actually saying that are?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    If he says it?

He will earn a great deal of respect from me for starters....and likely his poll numbers will skyrocket.

3. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    It would be so out of character for the Charlatan in Chief that I would want an investigation into body snatchers.

4. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    ....For what.....letting bin Laden ESCAPE??!!!! :eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k]YouTube - The Hunt For Bin Laden[/ame]​

5. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    lmao...

Yes, it is out of character for President Obama, but it could prove to be a turnaround in his popularity...for good or bad. we need a leader right now. A true leader admits error and gives credit where credit is due.

Like I said, if he says it, he will get a thumbs up from me from a leadership standpoint.

On the same note.....if he truly wanted bipartisanship, he would not have come off of his vacation and run to the rose garden to announce what horrible people the GOP are as he did yesterday.

Perhaps he would have shown himself as a true leader by simply saying:

"we have a small business bill that needs to be addressed without delay. I have the Democratic majority on board with it and I will do all I can to get the GOP support that this bill so desperately needs."

Yes, I agree that the GOP is currently playing ppolitical games right now, but the dems have done that plenty as well.....we need action, not partisan games...and both sides are playing games right now.

Be a leader Mr. Obama. Stop being a piss ass senator with a girpe. You get more bees with honey than vinegar. That is a basic premise most business owners follow.

Another example of where governing experience of some kind is necessary to be President.

6. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    I'll believe it when I see it.

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,203
    Doesn't matter to me much. But it is nice to see that he isn't blaming Bush for something.

8. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,504
    Why would he want to continue to spread right wing lies?

Do you think he should ressurrect all the tragic mistakes Bush made? Lying about his reason for attacking, falsifying the urgency, failing to put enough troops on the ground, misjudging the reception US troops would receive, misjudging the length of the war, misjudging the political situation in Iraq.....

He should acknowledge Bush's role as CIC ...but the bulk of his acknowledgemant should be of the Troops on the Ground

9. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Pffft.
    The leader of alCIAduh.
    Right cheer.
    You've been duped again.

Attached Files:

10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Which lie is that? That Obama opposed a war that unseated a supporter of terrorism? That Obama opposed a war that liberated millions of Iraqis from tyranny and despotism? That Obama opposed the surge that won this war? That Obama opposed a war that was supported by UN sanctions? That Obama has been wrong in every foreign policy statement he has made to date?
    None of those are lies. They are all the truth But the Left is so blind truth looks like lies and lies look like truth.