Obama to sign new student aid initiative

Unless of course you choose an Obama aproved job and then you get any remaining debt forgiven after just 10 years. I'd like to know though, how it can be considered constitutional for the government to forgive some loans and yet not others?

Loan Forgiveness has been a long time, probably longer than Obama has been alive. Zoom and I were discussing it earlier in this thread and I even posted a link to the page of what specifically can get the loan be forgiven and how.

Never called you a deadbeat.. what I complain about is ones like you who think you are owed an 'easy' loan at a 'decent' rate just because you want it for school... sorry, Charlie... wrong answer

Where the fuck did I say I am owed an easy loan at a decent rate because I want it for school? Find the fucking post or apologize asshole.

I said that it's difficult for college students to get large loans on decent interest rates, yes.

And what has a college student done to 'deserve' a large loan at 'decent' interest rates?? You get those things thru your credit history, earning power, etc...

Boo Hoo.. it's difficult to get the loan you want (I.E. it is not easy and you don't like it)

Would you have preferred that I state that you wanted a 'not difficult' loan at a decent rate because you want it for school?

If you have the history to qualify for the amount you want at a decent market rate... more power to you.. if you don't, I do not want government trying to step in and make it 'easier' for you in your personal responsibility for the want of your adult education... you find it difficult? get a job and income history first and go back to college, it will be easier after that

LOL...you and A15 need to read up on what semantics is....its not playing semantics to take your actual words for face value....i did in fact ask you to explain how i misunderstood your words, your explanation was in direct contrast to your unambigious express words in a previous post (that i posted twice and you still can't explain yourself). that is not semantics at all. your words were not ambigious. you do this all the time, just like A15. you guys make bullshit statements and then when someone points out your error you whine about semantics because you can't actually explain away your statements because they are clear.

the ONLY thing this legislation did was cut out the middle man, thus purportedly giving more for pell grants and capping repayment at 10% of your income. it did nothing to alter private student loans.

Wait a minute, how does this thread have anything to do with A15? :eusa_eh:

I think someone still is a bit peeved over previous events.

you and him are the only tools that whine about semantics

and once again we have dogbert dodging the issues and bringing up past events...try to live in the present dogbert

I said that it's difficult for college students to get large loans on decent interest rates, yes.

And what has a college student done to 'deserve' a large loan at 'decent' interest rates?? You get those things thru your credit history, earning power, etc...

Boo Hoo.. it's difficult to get the loan you want (I.E. it is not easy and you don't like it)

Would you have preferred that I state that you wanted a 'not difficult' loan at a decent rate because you want it for school?

If you have the history to qualify for the amount you want at a decent market rate... more power to you.. if you don't, I do not want government trying to step in and make it 'easier' for you in your personal responsibility for the want of your adult education... you find it difficult? get a job and income history first and go back to college, it will be easier after that

Stating reality is not saying I am owed anything. You are whacked out of your mind if you seriously think I am saying I am owed anything. YOU owe me a apology.

and once again we have dogbert dodging the issues and bringing up past events...try to live in the present dogbert

I found it odd you made the majority of your post one long rant against A15 and myself, instead of the actual topic. Especially considering A15 is not even involved in this thread.

I'm not bringing up past events that occurred say yesterday, I'm bringing up the last post you just made. Only one of us stuck in the past is yourself.

Let it go Yurt, Let it go.

I found it odd you made the majority of your post one long rant against A15 and myself, instead of the actual topic. Especially considering A15 is not even involved in this thread.

I'm not bringing up past events that occurred say yesterday, I'm bringing up the last post you just made. Only one of us stuck in the past is yourself.

Let it go Yurt, Let it go.

you're the one who brought up the past. my post was about you whining about semantics. only you and A15 whine about semantics and are so terribly wrong. has nothign to do with the past, but with you incorrectly whining about semantics. instead of addressing semantics (which YOU brought up) you delved into the past and lied that i was still upset about something.

YOU owe me an apology.

you're the one who brought up the past. my post was about you whining about semantics. only you and A15 whine about semantics and are so terribly wrong. has nothign to do with the past, but with you incorrectly whining about semantics. instead of addressing semantics (which YOU brought up) you delved into the past and lied that i was still upset about something.

YOU owe me an apology.

Again, you bring up A15. Why? Why even bring up A15 in the first place when he's not even involved in this thread in such a negative manner? You weren't obviously trying to make a playful joke. :eusa_think:

I owe you nothing Yurt. You owe yourself a apology for the way you are treating yourself over this.

Stating reality is not saying I am owed anything. You are whacked out of your mind if you seriously think I am saying I am owed anything. YOU owe me a apology.

But yet you wish to support a program of government guaranteed student loans??

Yeah... I don't owe you shit, just as the government don't owe you shit, just as the rest of the world don't owe you shit

You'll continue whining about your tuition and state fair shares and 'difficulty' in getting loans and whatever else.... and we're quite sure what you will support in government for you to get what you want at the expense of the government and taxpayers

Yeah... I don't owe you shit, just as the government don't owe you shit, just as the rest of the world don't owe you shit

You'll continue whining about your tuition and state fair shares and 'difficulty' in getting loans and whatever else.... and we're quite sure what you will support in government for you to get what you want at the expense of the government and taxpayers

You know, I tried to remember what you remind me of. Then I remembered.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/07/phil-gramms-whi.html

In an interview with the Washington Times, former Texas Sen. Phil Gramm termed the current economic slowdown "a mental recession."

He added: "We may have a recession; we haven't had one yet."

And then he showed why his own presidential bid in 1996 quickly crashed and burned, calling the United States "a nation of whiners."

You still owe me a apology.

Yes Dave, we know. Only the already wealthy should be able to afford to go to school, get medical care, dental care, afford to survive, etc. They are not owed a living wage or anything else that would make these things remotely possible, are not owed job security or a piece of the profits that they labor for - AND let's not forget; corporations are the golden kings who should be able to do whatever they want no matter the damage to this country and her citizens. We know how you want it... WE KNOW! What a beautiful country you guys are working toward.

Unless of course you choose an Obama aproved job and then you get any remaining debt forgiven after just 10 years. I'd like to know though, how it can be considered constitutional for the government to forgive some loans and yet not others?

Loan Forgiveness has been a long time, probably longer than Obama has been alive. Zoom and I were discussing it earlier in this thread and I even posted a link to the page of what specifically can get the loan be forgiven and how.

So what makes you think it's fair that a teacher gets their debt forgiven after 10 years and an interior designer would have to pay for 20 years?

You know, I tried to remember what you remind me of. Then I remembered.

Phil Gramm's 'whiners' comment causes John McCain a headache | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

In an interview with the Washington Times, former Texas Sen. Phil Gramm termed the current economic slowdown "a mental recession."

He added: "We may have a recession; we haven't had one yet."

And then he showed why his own presidential bid in 1996 quickly crashed and burned, calling the United States "a nation of whiners."

You still owe me a apology.

you've made what you want rather clear.. and you've stated your support of things repeatedly to show who you expect them from

It is you who should apologize to yourself for these wants without doing what is necessary to have those things offered to you

You want state fair shares
You want 'less difficult' loans
You want them at lower rates
You want an apology

One thing we never heard you state that you want is merely the freedom to earn these things for yourself without crawling over the backs of others and government to get them

It is exactly you and those like you who have me shred resumes with college degrees as the primary focus, in favor of those who have paid their dues living in the real world... matter of fact, in honor of you, I'll throw away another from the pile on my desk right now and move forward in setting up an interview for a non-degreed person who has been working at a tier 1 level in the industry.. and if he lands one of the jobs, he'll actually qualify for some tuition reimbursement

YOU owe me an apology.

Again, you bring up A15. Why? Why even bring up A15 in the first place when he's not even involved in this thread in such a negative manner? You weren't obviously trying to make a playful joke. :eusa_think:

I owe you nothing Yurt. You owe yourself a apology for the way you are treating yourself over this.

you owe me an apology for lying about what i said. now man up and give it, just as you expect others to apologize to you.

So what makes you think it's fair that a teacher gets their debt forgiven after 10 years and an interior designer would have to pay for 20 years?

excellent question

And because it's difficult, mommy government has to come and provide it for you?? There are other ways... tuition reimbursement from a job... co-op programs... taking time off of school while you actually save for your needed monies for paying for it..

I got a decent interest rate on my education loans because I did what I had to do, worked, and paid a whopping 5% or so on a HELOC instead of getting some student loan... used tuition reimbursement, GI Bill, and my own savings for all the classes I took... and it was a great incentive to do it right because it was my money and my ass on the line

Okay asshole, what the fuck do you not understand about the concept of a loan? Stop calling me a damn deadbeat, because I'm going to pay it back in full.

My ass is still on the line, and it's still my money I'm going to have to pay back eventually.

Do you get a Pell grant?

I was wondering this too, which is why I asked about it earlier.

If debt is forgiven (for whatever reason) someone has to pay for it. It doesn't just go away.

Last edited:
Hey, has your school hiked costs? My daughter's increased $1500 or so from her freshman to her sophomore year (this year) and is increasing about as much for the remainder of her schooling . . . and beyond. Do you live at school?

Hiked? Well I go to a Public School, so it's not too bad as say some private institutions. I'd say tuition will be around $7,000 next semester. Hiked up about $250-$300. Which isn't bad in comparison.

However, in the last 5 years, tuition has gone like 75% at the school. It's due to the states not paying their share, therefore leaving a gap that the school has to cover by raising prices.

I don't live at school either, so I escape easier.

I didn't leave the thread, my daughter called. Uncanny, eh? :lol:

Private school is waaaaaay too freaking expensive if you ask me. :eek: She is in the process of picking out next year's classes and getting her dorm room and all. I just told her that her senior year (she'll be a junior in the fall) she may very well have to commute (about an hour) because I don't know that we can afford it.

What do you mean by the states not paying their share?

I didn't leave the thread, my daughter called. Uncanny, eh? :lol:

Private school is waaaaaay too freaking expensive if you ask me. :eek: She is in the process of picking out next year's classes and getting her dorm room and all. I just told her that her senior year (she'll be a junior in the fall) she may very well have to commute (about an hour) because I don't know that we can afford it.

What do you mean by the states not paying their share?

Perfect timing. :lol:

Private school is "way too freaking expensive" as you like to say. Especially for a undergraduate degree. I could see maybe going to one for a graduate degree but that's a way down the road. :lol:

Dorm room costs can be ridiculous, and I'm saving money by living at home.

As by the states not paying their share, I'll explain.

Each school that is public is given a budget by the state. When that budget is cut (I remember reading that Georgia had $300 million in budget cuts between 35 schools) the difference needs to be made. This is where rising tuition costs come in.

In my opinion, at some point, the costs of tuition and fees will heavily outweigh what the state is giving. This will result in people's kids essentially going to a quasi-private public college.

Hey, has your school hiked costs? My daughter's increased $1500 or so from her freshman to her sophomore year (this year) and is increasing about as much for the remainder of her schooling . . . and beyond. Do you live at school?

Hiked? Well I go to a Public School, so it's not too bad as say some private institutions. I'd say tuition will be around $7,000 next semester. Hiked up about $250-$300. Which isn't bad in comparison.

However, in the last 5 years, tuition has gone like 75% at the school. It's due to the states not paying their share, therefore leaving a gap that the school has to cover by raising prices.

I don't live at school either, so I escape easier.

Do you attend school? Do you absorb any of what is taught? From reading the above it is hard to believe that you attend and absorb. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back