Obama to sign new student aid initiative

Why? So on top of getting raped on interest on CC and other stuff, lets get raped by the private companies over student loans? the gov't wants a college educated workforce, hence why the offering of low interest loans, which even with low interest can lead to a lot of interest being paid.

Because the government is not supposed to be your private lender.... you need a loan, qualify for it with your actions and history being the reasons behind the rates and amounts you can get

Yet another nanny state supporter... who loves the principle of riding on the backs of others and the government

Other than your opinion, where does it say the Government is not supposed to be a private lender?

Nope... don't work like that.. .where does it say that the government IS supposed to be your private lender?.. the constitution was NOT set up to give the government all power with exceptions.. it was set up to have specific powers in a limited governmental role
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

For my two cents.

I really don't feel like subsidizing someones extremely expensive college education. I don't care who they are.

Why does the Govt assume that we taxpayers would like to subsidizing college for all???

My younger brother has three college degrees.

Two in Engineering and one in Business Management

How did my brother get those degrees?? He went inito the military for one hitch. He then went to college. Of course the GI Bill, or whatever its called now, didn't pay for much. My folks assisted him and he HAD JOBS TO PAY FOR THE REST.

If someone want to go to college let em get a job and PAY FOR IT THEMSELVES. Jeeze.

Last edited:
Because the government is not supposed to be your private lender.... you need a loan, qualify for it with your actions and history being the reasons behind the rates and amounts you can get

Yet another nanny state supporter... who loves the principle of riding on the backs of others and the government

Other than your opinion, where does it say the Government is not supposed to be a private lender?

Nope... don't work like that.. .where does it say that the government IS supposed to be your private lender?.. the constitution was NOT set up to give the government all power with exceptions.. it was set up to have specific powers in a limited governmental role
The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

If you believe that the US Government providing Student Loans is unconstitutional, it is well within your rights as a citizen to challenge in court

I wish you good luck

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

If you believe that the US Government providing Student Loans is unconstitutional, it is well within your rights as a citizen to challenge in court

I wish you good luck

Is this another thing that's covered by the "general welfare" clause?

For my two cents.

I really don't feel like subsidizing someones extremely expensive college education. I don't care who they are.

Why does the Govt assume that we taxpayers would like to subsidizing college for all???

How did my brother get those degrees?? He went inito the military for one hitch. He then went to college. Of course the GI Bill, or whatever its called now, didn't pay for much. My folks assisted him and he HAD JOBS TO PAY FOR THE REST.

If someone want to go to college let em get a job and PAY FOR IT THEMSELVES. Jeeze.

Taking a loan and paying interest on that loan is paying your own way.

Are people who have mortgages on their houses freeloaders also? How about people who borrow money to start a small business? Isn't that an investment in their future?

I wish you good luck

Is this another thing that's covered by the "general welfare" clause?

It is constitutional until it is declared unconstitutional. That is why we have courts to decide these things instead of internet message board posters

What's ridiculous is using money stolen from someone because you can't afford it yourself.

"stolen"?. It's called a loan, you pay it back. :cuckoo:

True. But when people default on that loan - and they do- joe taxpayer is left holding the bag.

It is a chance we take as a nation to ensure all have the ability to finance an education.

I have no issue with that.

It is another story when it comes to real property such as real estate. I am agiansyt tax payer funds going to those that lost out on that investment.

Why?

Becuase I do not see any programs in place that call for one sharing the profits with the taxpayer if they profit on the investment.

And I don't agree with the fact that it has been that way... we should be out of that all together... what next, government auto loans? Government 'education' loans so you can go to stripper school?

Why? So on top of getting raped on interest on CC and other stuff, lets get raped by the private companies over student loans? the gov't wants a college educated workforce, hence why the offering of low interest loans, which even with low interest can lead to a lot of interest being paid.

again, loans get paid off. Educated workforce help make this country what it is. Welcome to reality. Gov't is there to protect us and help make the country strong, safe, and prosperous, which their student loan programs help do.

For my two cents.

How is that any different? He got paid to work in the military. On top of that, he gets a hand out for college. to me thats' even worse than getting a loan and having to pay iut off. People who get student loans aren't getting anything for free, they have to pay them off.

What's ridiculous is using money stolen from someone because you can't afford it yourself.

"stolen"?. It's called a loan, you pay it back. :cuckoo:

True. But when people default on that loan - and they do- joe taxpayer is left holding the bag.

and how many dont' default on their loans and help companies flourish? Why do people ignore that when it comes to thing the gov't does. It helps the country be strong, educated workforce, etc.

Forum List

Back