Obama to call for elimination of all nuclear weapons

You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. This is mindless peacenick pandering, there's no "ambition" anywhere in it... Unless he takes it to the level of "us first" then it's ambition, and annihilation.

Noble though the thought might be.
Say what you want, but cutting back on teh excessive arsenal of nuclear weaponry would reduce the number of missiles pointed around the world, and would also reduce military budgets by tens and maybe hundreds of billions each year, and free up a lot of personnel for other duties. Not this year, but when a drawdown commences. We have so many nukes, we could reduce by half and still outnumber the rest of the wordl.
Trick is, do the reduction so that no terrorists or blackmarketeers get their hands on any fissionable or radioactive material.
THAT is the real danger.

Nuclear weapons are not covered under the 2nd Amendment. Reducing their numbers will not reduce anyone's security. They keep nobody safe.
We can accomplish more with one bullet to Kim Jong Il's head and each of his whacked out subordinates than we can with a trillon dollars in nukes.

Until that day, we will keep subs off the coast of Korea, in the Sea of Japan ready to launch Seals or missiles.
None of that has ever happened, despite best efforts of countless well-meaning leaders before The Obama.

It's simply not realistic. It's a pipe dream. Because there exists evil in the world.

"Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me" is a beautiful hymn and a sweet sentiment. But it's totally impractical.

The reality of war is best shown in the words of Penn Gillette:

If people really wanted peace they would all just stop fighting.

he hopes will lend credibility to his message in atomic disputes with Iran and North Korea.

:lol: Keep dreaming Mr. Obama! :lol:

But he had to appease the American people after North Korea's missle launch over Japan! He knows he can't put an end to Nuclear weapons, but the majority of Americans are now happier since he has calmed their fear. ;)

Yeah right, and who will volunteer to go first?? Will it be China, or Russia, or Israel, or how about.....nobody in their right fucking mind is that naive to believe we'll all start shitting rainbows and kittens.:cuckoo:

Are you kidding? WE will go first. We're the only ones with leadership dumb enough to do it.

Yeah right, and who will volunteer to go first?? Will it be China, or Russia, or Israel, or how about.....nobody in their right fucking mind is that naive to believe we'll all start shitting rainbows and kittens.:cuckoo:

Are you kidding? WE will go first. We're the only ones with leadership dumb enough to do it.
you can say THAT Again

and to think.....

he has almost 8 years in which to do it.

Obama outlines sweeping goal of nuclear-free world

Obama is dangerous. And stupid. Notice though he is up to his little charade of telling different groups polar opposites from day to day.

He was against the missile shield until he got to Prague and then he is for it, of course read the fine print, all he need do is claim Iran is not building nukes and he can say he never lied while getting rid of the shield.

Lets hope the Senate refuses to go along with his plans.

HiroshimaRuinsLarge.jpg

A-Bomb%20Hiroshima%20Victim%201.jpg

hiroshima1.gif

And with all due respect the Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined killed less people than the Firebombing of Tokyo some months earlier. And not many more - if any - than the invasions of Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

Nukes essentially meant we didn't have WWII circa1955 or 60.

Hey, I wasn't making a statement about WWII or whether or not they deserved it or whatever- that just happens to be the only example (for now) of what nukes actually do, and it just doesn't look good. = \ It just makes me jittery, any of these days now, a bad light goes off, a little computer blips in the wrong place, fuck...

I've just generally thought from early on that most people agreed nukes are bad, but I guess I was wrong...

You would prefer that we actually fought WWIII instead of just posturing for forty years? WWI killed nearly as many Europeans as WWII and there were no nukes and not much in the way of effective bombing Campaigns. Frankly, nukes as nasty as they were were the first of a long line of weapons systems that were supposed to make war too horrible to fight that actually did. Without nukes there would have been a lot more wars and a lot nastier wars.

Nukes killed what 260k people out of a total death toll in excess of 50 million for all combatants in WWII.
And leftist idiots find the 260k to horrible to contemplate. Your altogether too selective morality sir is entirely pathetic.

Please understand, I don't like War nor do I like nukes, but if Nukes are the only thing that keeps humanity from another total War like WWI, and WWII I'll take however many of them it requires to prevent that sort of obscenity.

You would prefer that we actually fought WWIII instead of just posturing for forty years? WWI killed nearly as many Europeans as WWII and there were no nukes and not much in the way of effective bombing Campaigns. Frankly, nukes as nasty as they were were the first of a long line of weapons systems that were supposed to make war too horrible to fight that actually did. Without nukes there would have been a lot more wars and a lot nastier wars.

Nukes killed what 260k people out of a total death toll in excess of 50 million for all combatants in WWII.
And leftist idiots find the 260k to horrible to contemplate. Your altogether too selective morality sir is entirely pathetic.

Please understand, I don't like War nor do I like nukes, but if Nukes are the only thing that keeps humanity from another total War like WWI, and WWII I'll take however many of them it requires to prevent that sort of obscenity.

what we need to do is make sure ahmadinejad doesn't get a nuke.

Ok, I sort of laughed, a while back when they claimed that Obama had a "I think I am God" self image, but the more we watch him, one has to wonder, is the man deranged or just deluded?

Why would ANY MAN in the middle of trying to stabilize the US (and global, via shirttails) economy, stand up and say to the world, "Ok, next, I want to rid the world of nuclear weapons?"

Is there something seriously wrong with the guy?

Forum List

Back