Obama to call for elimination of all nuclear weapons

I have a better idea.

I think the world should disarm their nuclear weapons.

Except us.

If Obama pulled that off, well, even the conservatives would have to be amazed.
yeah, but you know how Carter did it
he was for cutting ours and not theirs

Yeah... great idea hussein. Get rid of all the nukes so that when we fight the next world war, we have to KILL each other ONE BY ONE again for years and years right down to the last man standing. Great deterrent you ignorant twit.

The things hussein will come up with... what an utter buffoon. You libs thought the world was laughing at us because of bush... shit... they're bent over holding their guts they're laughing so hard now.

You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. This is mindless peacenick pandering, there's no "ambition" anywhere in it... Unless he takes it to the level of "us first" then it's ambition, and annihilation.

Noble though the thought might be.
Say what you want, but cutting back on teh excessive arsenal of nuclear weaponry would reduce the number of missiles pointed around the world, and would also reduce military budgets by tens and maybe hundreds of billions each year, and free up a lot of personnel for other duties. Not this year, but when a drawdown commences. We have so many nukes, we could reduce by half and still outnumber the rest of the wordl.
Trick is, do the reduction so that no terrorists or blackmarketeers get their hands on any fissionable or radioactive material.
THAT is the real danger.

Nuclear weapons are not covered under the 2nd Amendment. Reducing their numbers will not reduce anyone's security. They keep nobody safe.
We can accomplish more with one bullet to Kim Jong Il's head and each of his whacked out subordinates than we can with a trillon dollars in nukes.

Until that day, we will keep subs off the coast of Korea, in the Sea of Japan ready to launch Seals or missiles.
None of that has ever happened, despite best efforts of countless well-meaning leaders before The Obama.

It's simply not realistic. It's a pipe dream. Because there exists evil in the world.

"Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me" is a beautiful hymn and a sweet sentiment. But it's totally impractical.

As the economy continues to fracture, THIS is what BO thinks is a burning issue?

BTW, if Ronnie was so anti-nuke, why did he litter Europe with Nukes against Europe's wishes?

When it was just the USA-USSR there was a chance of this, no way it will happen now, nukes are what dreadnoughts were a century ago, huge, expensive prestige items that everybody wanted more of and were affraid to use.

The BEST way to eliminate nukes is to continue the ABM tech to make it immpossible to deliver them, that would be the surest way to curtail them.

Of course, BO is cutting ABM tech, because he is a giant idiot.

As the economy continues to fracture, THIS is what BO thinks is a burning issue?

BTW, if Ronnie was so anti-nuke, why did he litter Europe with Nukes against Europe's wishes?

When it was just the USA-USSR there was a chance of this, no way it will happen now, nukes are what dreadnoughts were a century ago, huge, expensive prestige items that everybody wanted more of and were affraid to use.

The BEST way to eliminate nukes is to continue the ABM tech to make it immpossible to deliver them, that would be the surest way to curtail them.

Of course, BO is cutting ABM tech, because he is a giant idiot.

Bingo!

Are you guys for real? I mean, we ARE talking about Nuclear Bombs, right??

Jeez, no wonder the world is so screwed!
yeah, and unilaterally disarming helps us HOW?

He didn't say he'd unilaterally disarm... He said we should all disarm. Isn't that... agreeable?

= (

In fact, I'm pretty sure if he'd say that publicly ("unilaterally disarm") there'd probably be a coup d'etat.

Are you guys for real? I mean, we ARE talking about Nuclear Bombs, right??

Jeez, no wonder the world is so screwed!

What do you think would happen if other countries have them and we don't?

I think 9/11 would be a walk in the park in comparison .......

*Shrugs* I don't know. Most of us don't have any and we're doing just fine.

(You know, just fine as long as those who do have them don't use them, because then we're all fucked.)

How did he grow up to be so stupid? It's like smallpox.. There's always going to be a stockpile of nukes somewhere! I know, I know he's a DUmmie! :lol:

How did he grow up to be so stupid? It's like smallpox.. There's always going to be a stockpile of nukes somewhere! I know, I know he's a DUmmie! :lol:

I think what it comes down to is that Obama wants to say all the right things. He wants to be popular rather than being a good President who thinks intelligently and acts wisely. In the process, he's showing his immaturity.

I think what it comes down to is that Obama wants to say all the right things. He wants to be popular rather than being a good President who thinks intelligently and acts wisely. In the process, he's showing his immaturity.

yep! and a weakness and vulnerability!

Forum List

Back