Obama throws Wes Clark under the bus

This is not a putdown of McCain's service. McCain is running as the war ready president. This remark simply states that he is not all his PR makes him out to be when it comes to being able to jump right in and use his high level military experience to save US if we are attacked like Charley Black stated.

If they are going to constantly run this them, they can be attacked on its validity.

I do not think Clark was putting down McCains service. I do believe he was trying to say that McCain was less qualified, though the criteria he cites as a standard does not apply even remotely to Obama.

The argument could be made that based on the points Clark laid out about McCain, if applied to Obama, would imply that Obama is not qualified either.

Did you actually try and use the pseudo-word "stupider" while questioning someone else's intelligence?

As for the law you evidently could not look up yourself....

904. ART. 104. AIDING THE ENEMY
Any person who--
(1) aids, or attempts to aid, the enemy with arms, ammunition, supplies, money, or other things; or
(2) without proper authority, knowingly harbors or [protects or gives intelligence to or communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly;
shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial or military commission may direct.

Would post the link to the UCMJ article... but can't until 15 or more posts.... but pretty easy to look up if you google it

The UCMJ does not apply to inactive members. Try reading article 2.

You are 0 for 2 now. Care to try again?

I do not think Clark was putting down McCains service. I do believe he was trying to say that McCain was less qualified, though the criteria he cites as a standard does not apply even remotely to Obama.

The argument could be made that based on the points Clark laid out about McCain, if applied to Obama, would imply that Obama is not qualified either.

And since Obama "rejected" Clark's statment, does that mean Obama thinks McCain is qualified to be president?

Personally, I don't think either of them are, but that never stopped anyone from being elected.

And since Obama "rejected" Clark's statment, does that mean Obama thinks McCain is qualified to be president?

Personally, I don't think either of them are, but that never stopped anyone from being elected.

Of course not. then we were not discussing Obama

CSM, love the robert e lee quote. my personnal favorite is,
"We must expect reverses, even defeats. They are sent to teach us wisdom and prudence, to call forth greater energies, and to prevent our falling into greater disasters.”

Kerry met with the enemy in 1970... Kerry was not inactive until 1972... and was not fully discharged until 1978

Nice try

On March 26, after a final patrol at night on March 25, Kerry was transferred to Cam Ranh Bay to await his orders. He was there for five or six days and left Vietnam in early April. On April 11, he reported to the Brooklyn-based Atlantic Military Sea Transportation Service, where he would remain on active duty for the following year as a personal aide to an officer, Rear Admiral Walter Schlech. On January 1, 1970 Kerry was promoted to full Lieutenant; on January 3, he requested discharge. He was released from active duty on March 1

John Kerry's military service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CSM, love the robert e lee quote. my personnal favorite is,
"We must expect reverses, even defeats. They are sent to teach us wisdom and prudence, to call forth greater energies, and to prevent our falling into greater disasters.”

Heh...somehow the quote I use seemed pertinent.

Kerry NEVER left the Naval Reserves.... Kerry was not discharged until 1978... he was not in the Standby Reserves... a much different status...

Inactive duty means that the individual or the unit to which that individual has been assigned has not been called up for active duty

He was still under the realm of UCMJ

Whether he was in the Naval reserves or not is irrelevant. Whether he was on active duty or not (which he was NOT) is relevant. He was not under the jurisdiction of the UCMJ.

He was on inactive duty, which means you don't fall under the UCMJ. Ask a JAG.

from UCMJ:

802. ART. 2. PERSONS SUBJECT TO THIS CHAPTER

3) Members of a reserve component while on inactive-duty training, but in the case of members of the Army National Guard of the United States or the Air National Guard of the United States only when in Federal Service.

Uniform Code of Military Justice - UCMJ

Last time I checked the Naval Reserve was considered a "reserve component". Please note there is a distinction made for the National Guard.

Whether he was in the Naval reserves or not is irrelevant. Whether he was on active duty or not (which he was NOT) is relevant. He was not under the jurisdiction of the UCMJ.

You are wrong. See my post with links to UCMJ.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

It is completely relevant

There is an important difference between being in the Naval Reserves on inactive duty and being in the Standby Reserves on inactive duty. Standby Reserve status would permit a person to argue that he was a civilian for all intents and purposes. A person in the Naval Reserves is still considered in the Military... P-E-R-I-O-D

there is no argument

go get a clue... you need one

You are wrong. See my post with links to UCMJ.

Ask a JAG. There is caselaw on this CSM. The UCMJ is unclear on it, but the caselaw is clear.

Oh...and btw, I did ask a JAG. I work with one.

from UCMJ:

802. ART. 2. PERSONS SUBJECT TO THIS CHAPTER

3) Members of a reserve component while on inactive-duty training, but in the case of members of the Army National Guard of the United States or the Air National Guard of the United States only when in Federal Service.

Uniform Code of Military Justice - UCMJ

Last time I checked the Naval Reserve was considered a "reserve component". Please note there is a distinction made for the National Guard.

Inactive duty TRAINING...not inactive duty.

Forum List

Back