Obama throws Wes Clark under the bus

Because, of course, we should only honor the service of REPUBS to their country.
:eusa_whistle:

Who has dishonored his service? He is no longer in the service and is dishonoring himself. You lefties tried this same twisted routine with Murtha. Calling him an idiot now for his actions now in now way dishonors nor discredits his service.

Or is it that Dems only speak up when a Dem vet is criticized since I haven't seen one word of admonition about by slamming McCain.

And one of your side of the aisle on this board has NO problem ridiculing and attempting to belittle a vet's service when he can't win an argument any other way -- like with facts.

McCain hasn't used his service? Are you really that retarded?

John McCain - Service to America Tour

3 of 5 stops involve his service.

Oh...and Kerry really was a fuckwit for trying to END a WAR. I mean, ending a war? What a goddamned traitor. Nice bit of genius there from you RGS.

You want to be a LAWYER? Learn the fucking law moron. American citizens can not meet with enemy Nations while at war and conduct private negotiations of ANY kind. He was a Naval Officer, I can promise you that his conduct was illegal under the UCMJ also. The Traitor would be Kerry. He should have gone to PRISON. Instead he launched a political career off his illegal actions.

All McCain did is provide background on his Military service. The tour was about getting to know McCain, I guess you liberal geniuses missed that part of what the tour was about? McCain has not claimed his Service qualifies him for President. Kerry did.

The moron, idiot, fuckwit, would be YOU. I suggest you learn the law mister mensa retard.

I don't think being in the service qualifies anyone to be president. Take Bush for example. Or Kerry. FDR wasn't in the service.

I agree with what Clark said. The inverse is also true. Being shot down and held prisoner doesn't disqualify anyone from being president.

I don't think being in the service qualifies anyone to be president. Take Bush for example. Or Kerry. FDR wasn't in the service.

I agree with what Clark said. The inverse is also true. Being shot down and held prisoner doesn't disqualify anyone from being president.

It's always the ones that haven't served that are quickest to say that. No, military service in and of itself is not a qualifer to become President of the US. It can be an indicator or personal integrity and one's ability to lead, and to react in a crisis, depending on the individual.

Jimmy Carter is certainly proof that military service does not always translate into effective CinC. Kerry was never President and he lost based on trying to run on his military service as much as any other reason, so I think he's not a good example to support your argument.

Bush certainly has not impressed me much.

In McCain's case, his personal conduct after being shot down and becoming a POW is definitely an indicator of his personal integrity and fortitude; which, is an indicator of those attributes. He was at best an average pilot.

I'll say the same thing about McCain I said about Kerry ... He's running for President of the US. His political record since entering politics should be the primary concern for voters, not what he did in war that ended for a ll intents and purposes 35 years ago.

Clark is a boob. He opened a can of worms that shouldn't have been opened. He's another perfect example of a military person that needs to stick to what he's good at. Politics obviously has not been kind to him.

I don't think McCain has had to "reject" anything.
Obama's making it a hobby to reject his friends, their statements and his own idiotic comments.

it seems to be a trend in BHO's strategy. Have a surrogate attack and then distance himself from it by rejecting the statement. in the same breath he often states that he will not permit any attacks diected towards him thus making it seem as though he was attacked. Slimy but savvy.

You want to be a LAWYER? Learn the fucking law moron. American citizens can not meet with enemy Nations while at war and conduct private negotiations of ANY kind. He was a Naval Officer, I can promise you that his conduct was illegal under the UCMJ also. The Traitor would be Kerry. He should have gone to PRISON. Instead he launched a political career off his illegal actions.

Cite the Laws please. And if you think any lawyer knows every single law in the US, your even stupider than I thought.

All McCain did is provide background on his Military service. The tour was about getting to know McCain, I guess you liberal geniuses missed that part of what the tour was about? McCain has not claimed his Service qualifies him for President. Kerry did.

Wow, nice fine line you got going there. The only difference is perception, and, surprise, surprise, you percieve the Democrat to be doing it for self-interested reasons and the Republican to be doing it so "people can get to know him".

The moron, idiot, fuckwit, would be YOU. I suggest you learn the law mister mensa retard.

Sure, I'll just go and learn every statute on the books.

Any idea how long "the law" is?

Did you actually try and use the pseudo-word "stupider" while questioning someone else's intelligence?

As for the law you evidently could not look up yourself....

904. ART. 104. AIDING THE ENEMY
Any person who--
(1) aids, or attempts to aid, the enemy with arms, ammunition, supplies, money, or other things; or
(2) without proper authority, knowingly harbors or [protects or gives intelligence to or communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly;
shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial or military commission may direct.

Would post the link to the UCMJ article... but can't until 15 or more posts.... but pretty easy to look up if you google it

Did you actually try and use the pseudo-word "stupider" while questioning someone else's intelligence?

<script>play_w2(&quot;S0827600&quot;)</script>
stu·pid ( adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est 1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.
Who is stupider here?

<script>play_w2(&quot;S0827600&quot;)</script> Who is stupider here?

In more correct English... "stupider" is not a preferred term to use... 'dumber' would be a more correct word to use.... and according to Webster I would be correct in my stance

hence why I stated the term "pseudo-word" instead of "not a word"

try and follow along

General Clark did not put down McCain's service. That is the bullshit spin from the right.

He said that flying a jet does not qualify you for being president. It doesn't.

What's the big flipping deal?

In more correct English... "stupider" is not a preferred term to use... 'dumber' would be a more correct word to use.... and according to Webster I would be correct in my stance

hence why I stated the term "pseudo-word" instead of "not a word"

try and follow along

stupider - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Language lives and grows and changes. Stupider is an acceptable word. Resistance is futile.

Wasn't the original meaning of dumb mute?

:eusa_whistle:

In McCain's case, his personal conduct after being shot down and becoming a POW is definitely an indicator of his personal integrity and fortitude; which, is an indicator of those attributes. He was at best an average pilot.

There are those other vets, some POWs also, who disagree with you on his conduct as a POW.

General Clark did not put down McCain's service. That is the bullshit spin from the right.

He said that flying a jet does not qualify you for being president. It doesn't.

What's the big flipping deal?

True enough. However, the good General did not limit his remarks to that alone. He was trying very hard to make the case that McCain was not qualified to be President because he had not held a wartime command. That is a standard he espoused which in no conceivable way could be apllied to his candidate for president. By the way, wartime command is not a required qualification for president either. That is the big deal.

Obama Campaign Rejects Clark Statement - Political Machine

In response to the furor over General Wesley Clark's remarks on Sunday's Face the Nation, and the McCain campaign's denunciation of same, the Obama campaign has just released the following statement: (via email)
"As he's said many times before, Senator Obama honors and respects Senator McCain's service, and of course he rejects yesterday's statement by General Clark," said Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton.​
Senator Obama also referenced the incident, without specifying Clark, during today's speech on patriotism in Independence, MO:<script type="text/javascript"> var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www."); document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E")); </script><script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript"> var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-3712949-1"); pageTracker._initData(); pageTracker._trackPageview(); </script>

:
For those who have fought under the flag of this nation – for the young veterans I meet when I visit Walter Reed; for those like John McCain who have endured physical torment in service to our country – no further proof of such sacrifice is necessary.

And let me also add that no one should ever devalue that service, especially for the sake of a political campaign, and that goes for supporters on both sides.​

I think Obama's statement is a pretty clear sign that Webb will be his running mate. His statement is merely to head off any attack on Webb and what negative things he may or may not have regarding his military service.

With most two-syllable adjectives, you form the comparative with more and the superlative with most.

I'll stick with what I was taught.... and that is the use of "even more stupid" rather than the use of "even stupider"

As you wish. But "even more stupid" sounds stupider than stupider, IMO.

That is a standard he espoused which in no conceivable way could be apllied to his candidate for president. By the way, wartime command is not a required qualification for president either. That is the big deal.

I agree that this is not a qualification for president. Let me go back and read what he actually said. That's not what I heard on the tube.

The Arizona senator ``has been a voice on the Senate Armed Services Committee, and he has traveled all over the world, but he hasn't held executive responsibility,'' Clark, one of Obama's chief foreign policy advisers, said on CBS's ``Face the Nation'' program.

Even the squadron in the Navy that McCain commanded ``wasn't a wartime squadron,'' said Clark, who headed the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and was commander of the NATO bombing campaign during the 1999 Kosovo conflict. ``He hasn't been there and ordered the bombs to fall.''

Clark, who unsuccessfully sought the Democratic presidential nomination in 2004, endorsed Senator Hillary Clinton of New York for the Democratic presidential nomination before Obama, 46, became the party's presumptive nominee. The Illinois senator has better judgment on national security issues than McCain, Clark said today.

``I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president,'' Clark said, referring to the incident that led to McCain's being taken prisoner of war in Vietnam. He also said McCain's service as a prisoner made him ``a hero.''

Obama is ``running on his strength of character, on the strengths of his communication skills, on the strengths of his judgment,'' Clark said.

This is not a putdown of McCain's service. McCain is running as the war ready president. This remark simply states that he is not all his PR makes him out to be when it comes to being able to jump right in and use his high level military experience to save US if we are attacked like Charley Black stated.

If they are going to constantly run this them, they can be attacked on its validity.

I agree that this is not a qualification for president. Let me go back and read what he actually said. That's not what I heard on the tube.

Here is the transcript:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/FTN_062908.pdf

It sure appears to me that Clark is outright saying that McCain is not qualified (or less qualified) because he has not had "wartime command" where he had to make those difficult "executive decisions" and order the bombs to drop.

Forum List

Back