Obama throws Wes Clark under the bus

Technically correct?....you mean actually correct.

From US v. Schuering

But thanks for admitting it CSM.

Just because you are correct in this instance doesn't mean we're gonna be taking warm showers together.

I have no problem admitting when another poster is correct. By "technically correct" I meant that according to the UCMJ and case law (the technical part, if you like) Kerry could not be court martialed under UCMJ.

He's still a traiterous piece of shit in my book. Consider him tried and convicted in my own little court of ethics.

(4) the orders must have voluntarily been accepted by him.

I did not know reservists had the right to refuse orders ..... interesting to say the least!

In any case, now that this thread has been hijacked well beyond recovery, methinks I shall bow out of the discussion. My apologies for being one of the primary hijackers.

Just because you are correct in this instance doesn't mean we're gonna be taking warm showers together.

:eusa_liar:

I have no problem admitting when another poster is correct. By "technically correct" I meant that according to the UCMJ and case law (the technical part, if you like) Kerry could not be court martialed under UCMJ.

He's still a traiterous piece of shit in my book. Consider him tried and convicted in my own little court of ethics.

Luckily, you have no standing.

I did not know reservists had the right to refuse orders ..... interesting to say the least!

In any case, now that this thread has been hijacked well beyond recovery, methinks I shall bow out of the discussion. My apologies for being one of the primary hijackers.

I think it means they must not have been forced out, and actually wanted to do that. But I'm not sure, this is going a bit past my knowledge.

your messiah has spoken, do not belittle mccain's experience, thus sayeth obama

I don't think they belittled his experience.

I think they accurately stated that whatever honors he IS entitled to, it doesn't include the presidency. I'm not sure where that's not true.

And the messiah hasn't come yet, honey.

What is laughable about this whole thing, is you liberal Democrats actually trying to say the 46 year old, Obama is more qualified to be president than McCain.

Anyone, and I do mean anyone, Who actually believes that, is indeed a MORON!

Obama has nearly NO qualifications to be president.

NONE!

Charles

I think it means they must not have been forced out, and actually wanted to do that. But I'm not sure, this is going a bit past my knowledge.

Hey I give the guy credit he admitted he was mistaken. :clap2:

It's not like we haven't all been wrong at some point and time.

What is laughable about this whole thing, is you liberal Democrats actually trying to say the 46 year old, Obama is more qualified to be president than McCain.

NONE!

Charles

But Baby Bush did?

Anyone who pulled the lever for the ijit really has no standing to talk about qualifications.

RAFLMAO!!

NONE!

Charles

Ah yes someone with over 30 years of national public service is less qualified than someone with 3 years of national public service. Kudos on picking up on the ignorance!:clap2:

Ah yes someone with over 30 years of national public service is less qualified than someone with 3 years of national public service. Kudos on picking up on the ignorance!

There's no argument that McCain has the greater experience and qualification. That's self-evident.

But that's not the sole criteria upon which the decision is made. Obviously, if you are conservative and the most qualified person running is far-left, with ideas and opinions on issues that are completely contrary to what you believe, it would be asinine to vote for that person. The same is true if the most qualified person is on the right and you're on the left.

The level of experience the two have doesn't really enter into it in my view. There are plenty of other factors to consider.

There's no argument that McCain has the greater experience and qualification. That's self-evident.

But that's not the sole criteria upon which the decision is made. Obviously, if you are conservative and the most qualified person running is far-left, with ideas and opinions on issues that are completely contrary to what you believe, it would be asinine to vote for that person. The same is true if the most qualified person is on the right and you're on the left.

The level of experience the two have doesn't really enter into it in my view. There are plenty of other factors to consider.

The problem is that other than his POW status, they really aren't discussing McCain's qualifications. And, it was rightfully stated that getting shot out of a plane does not, in and of itself, qualify one for the presidency.

And that's ALL that was said... nothing more; nothing less. No one said he shouldn't be honored for his service. I'm pretty sure most of us think he should be.

Now, if we want to go into qualifications, McCain already said he doesn't "know much about economics" and he can't seem to tell the difference between Shi'a and Sunni. Oh right...and he also said judicial review of legislation shouldn't be allowed... oh, right, he only said that after Scalia's Heller decision.

He isn't saying that this week.

No, I wasn't saying experience was the only criteria we should use to select a president. It is relevant, but not the only criteria.

The problem is that other than his POW status, they really aren't discussing McCain's qualifications. And, it was rightfully stated that getting shot out of a plane does not, in and of itself, qualify one for the presidency.
And that's ALL that was said... nothing more; nothing less. No one said he shouldn't be honored for his service. I'm pretty sure most of us think he should be.

Now, if we want to go into qualifications, McCain already said he doesn't "know much about economics" and he can't seem to tell the difference between Shi'a and Sunni. Oh right...and he also said judicial review of legislation shouldn't be allowed... oh, right, he only said that after Scalia's Heller decision.

He isn't saying that this week.

When did MCcain state this?

Because he opposed the war in Vietnam?

Please explain further.

Nope, because he entered into personal negotiations with the enemy and sold out his supposed brothers in arms by lying regarding his witnessing and comission of war crimes.

Besides that, I just dont like the little weasel. I dont like his politics, I dont like his attitude and I dont like his hair style.

I just have to ask, what difference does it make to you whether I like Kerry or not or even consider him a no good, lousy, lying , traiterous bastard? As has been pointed out already, I have no "standing".

I'm sorry, geniii, why do you think he talks about having been a POW in pretty much every speech?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

It speaks to his character, not his qualifications. His over 30 years of national public service and his relentless attack on waste in government speaks to his qualifications.

Luckily, I am entitled to my own opinion, even if you do not share it.

Forum List

Back